• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Age is but a number!
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Just wondering what ages people are as to whether the Kadjar has a broad appeal to everyone of many ages

I'm 39, I know a friend said to me I was too old for a young person's car but I see it as a sophisticated machine for the young and fun to the mature who can appreciate a hot looking car when they see one

18 minutes ago, tartanjim9 said:

Loved the Kadjar whenever I saw it in red. My age is 71 only a number.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am catching you up at 67.........................................:)

36 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

He was wrong, he should have said you were too young for an old persons car:rolleyes:.

We have touched on this many times, at 65 I consider myself a junior on the forum.

To answer your question honestly, most owners are shall we say "mature" It's an easy car re getting into and out of, good road visibility, very economical, available on motability and above all comfortable. No boy racers here:D:D

I feel like a baby now 😉 tho I have seen one guy who looked in his 20's driving one. I still think us younger ones can pull it off in a kadjar 😁

45 minutes ago, Notty72 said:

I'm 45 but everyone I've seen have been older so it does seem to be a majority of older drivers so I feel kinder young in it lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Come on then, we need to represent the youngsters even tho I still really wouldnt class myself as one haha

Do cars really have an age? I would have liked a Golf GTI or Ford Focus ST but use my car for work and family - so need to often carry bulky stock about for work and four people in comfort for the family. And in 13 days I will hit 42 so my boy racing days should be behind me. I liked everything about my previous 11 plate Renault Grande Scenic except the gutless 1.6litre petrol engine. When looking to replace it (my last two cars were seven seaters not for the extra seats but the extra boot space) For the next car the Kadjar was really an easy choice, the look and styling won me over anything, and I went with the 1.6 DCI to try and ensure I was not suffering again a gutless engine - that is one thing for sure it does not have and  I am really enjoying  having that extra power to hand when needed - and the diesel is also super efficient on mpg. To suit my circumstances I am on a 4 year PCP, on a specced out Kadjar you are in pretty close market price  to a Range Rover Evoque (2 litre engine too thirsty and entry level no toys), Audi Q3 (didn't like the interior), Ford Kuga (didn't like interior or exterior), Vauxhall Mokka (pretty much same as Ford Kuga) or Seat Atecea (walked round the outside of a few - it might be lovely to sit in and drive but looks externally like a shed on wheels). 

Overall Renault have taken the hugely popular Nissan Qashqai SUV platform and made it look stylish and edgy enough to compete with high end manufacturer models. It has issues, as well all know - cup holders are useless and in a stupid position. Creaky internal plastics (especially glovebox). Windscreen seal they just gave up getting right and fix when it fails instead. But whatever your age or ability, if you own a Kadjar I am sure like me someone will have said to you what a good looking car it is. 

6 hours ago, c0ff33 said:

Do cars really have an age? I would have liked a Golf GTI or Ford Focus ST but use my car for work and family - so need to often carry bulky stock about for work and four people in comfort for the family. And in 13 days I will hit 42 so my boy racing days should be behind me. I liked everything about my previous 11 plate Renault Grande Scenic except the gutless 1.6litre petrol engine. When looking to replace it (my last two cars were seven seaters not for the extra seats but the extra boot space) For the next car the Kadjar was really an easy choice, the look and styling won me over anything, and I went with the 1.6 DCI to try and ensure I was not suffering again a gutless engine - that is one thing for sure it does not have and  I am really enjoying  having that extra power to hand when needed - and the diesel is also super efficient on mpg. To suit my circumstances I am on a 4 year PCP, on a specced out Kadjar you are in pretty close market price  to a Range Rover Evoque (2 litre engine too thirsty and entry level no toys), Audi Q3 (didn't like the interior), Ford Kuga (didn't like interior or exterior), Vauxhall Mokka (pretty much same as Ford Kuga) or Seat Atecea (walked round the outside of a few - it might be lovely to sit in and drive but looks externally like a shed on wheels). 

Overall Renault have taken the hugely popular Nissan Qashqai SUV platform and made it look stylish and edgy enough to compete with high end manufacturer models. It has issues, as well all know - cup holders are useless and in a stupid position. Creaky internal plastics (especially glovebox). Windscreen seal they just gave up getting right and fix when it fails instead. But whatever your age or ability, if you own a Kadjar I am sure like me someone will have said to you what a good looking car it is. 

I agree. My mate just got the Ateca and it's so square and like a box. I like the curves on mine and it looks more of a class act. He did agree that the Kadjar looks just as nice but he said the seat had more powerful engines which it does and that's what let's the Renault down. I will always have petrol and while the 1.2 tce in my opinion has amazing poke in it which really surprised me, better than my last 1.6 for sure, a 2 litre option should be in the line up for the class and size of the car for those more power hungry people

I live in Mid Cornwall and have 4 other Kageys nearby (within approx 5 miles) ... ALL driven by 'Mums'  who look mid 30s in age . 

Now the holiday season has started I've noticed quite a few with 'up country' plates on them ( generally down here they are WA - WL prefixes) , and these have had 45-60'ish year old looking male drivers.

I'm 56 and it feels 'just right' to me ... not boy racer'ish but not old fogey'ish (excuse the generalisations) if that makes sense. 

I suppose I'm saying it feels exactly like the type of car I SHOULD be driving .... 

On 11/07/2017 at 7:53 AM, Marc said:

I agree. My mate just got the Ateca and it's so square and like a box. I like the curves on mine and it looks more of a class act. He did agree that the Kadjar looks just as nice but he said the seat had more powerful engines which it does and that's what let's the Renault down. I will always have petrol and while the 1.2 tce in my opinion has amazing poke in it which really surprised me, better than my last 1.6 for sure, a 2 litre option should be in the line up for the class and size of the car for those more power hungry people

Some twenty two years of driving I have always had petrol, after the disappointment of the Grand Scenic 1.6litre petrol engine which was gutless (rest of the car was perfect, and super reliable ) the idea of a 1.2 Kadjar even with turbo filled me with dread. But it had to be the Kadjar, I loved the style after seeing a few on the road so going with the diesel (and the top 1.6dci) was the way I went. It's still causing me a headache at the now very rare fill ups (because my god the tank lasts forever compared to the petrol) because my brain is still wanting to grab the green and I have to stop at the pump, repeat to myself black before getting out and force myself to actually get the black pump - habits are hard to break. It was worth it, the 1.6DCI Kadjar drives to me like I imagine a sports car would compared the scenic I left - the acceleration is scary on normal mode just driving like I did with the old car - so I tend to use Eco mode most of the time which tones down the performance and knock it off when I feel a bit racey. Last weekend on normal I smoked a Range Rover Evoque from the lights on a 3 lane dual carriageway (and everything else) - so on paper I am sure the Kadjar sounds low powered to others but I am quite sure it isn't.

25 minutes ago, c0ff33 said:

Some twenty two years of driving I have always had petrol, after the disappointment of the Grand Scenic 1.6litre petrol engine which was gutless (rest of the car was perfect, and super reliable ) the idea of a 1.2 Kadjar even with turbo filled me with dread. But it had to be the Kadjar, I loved the style after seeing a few on the road so going with the diesel (and the top 1.6dci) was the way I went. It's still causing me a headache at the now very rare fill ups (because my god the tank lasts forever compared to the petrol) because my brain is still wanting to grab the green and I have to stop at the pump, repeat to myself black before getting out and force myself to actually get the black pump - habits are hard to break. It was worth it, the 1.6DCI Kadjar drives to me like I imagine a sports car would compared the scenic I left - the acceleration is scary on normal mode just driving like I did with the old car - so I tend to use Eco mode most of the time which tones down the performance and knock it off when I feel a bit racey. Last weekend on normal I smoked a Range Rover Evoque from the lights on a 3 lane dual carriageway (and everything else) - so on paper I am sure the Kadjar sounds low powered to others but I am quite sure it isn't.

You see my last car was a 1.6 petrol and it was rubbish in the power stakes and I really wanted a petrol Kadjar but as you say the 1.2 sounded such a disappointment  however, this 1.2 turbo is rapid and has so much poke especially in 3rd and 4th gears I was absolutely shocked. Won my 1.6 hands down so people who really are worried about the 1.2 need to test it before dismissing it based on a paper review

The funny thing is it wasn't reviews put me off the 1.2, just my tired brain thinking if 1.6 was poor going lower would be worse - getting your head around a turbo and general engine improvements in 6 years is a hard jump to make. That said the diesel is quiter then my old petrol 1.6 and it pulls like a train, and makes the poultry 32 mpg my old petrol managed on average pathetic I haven't done so much motorway miles yet but the long runs I did topped out at 62mpg and short city runs are averaging just over 50mpg which I am more then happy with. I will like like your post tomorrow as I have hit the 10 like ceiling for today 0_o

1 hour ago, Marc said:

You see my last car was a 1.6 petrol and it was rubbish in the power stakes and I really wanted a petrol Kadjar but as you say the 1.2 sounded such a disappointment  however, this 1.2 turbo is rapid and has so much poke especially in 3rd and 4th gears I was absolutely shocked. Won my 1.6 hands down so people who really are worried about the 1.2 need to test it before dismissing it based on a paper review

Absolutely, I can drive my Sig Nav 1.2 TCE faster than my previous 1.6 Scenic and it's as fast as any 2 litre I had back in my golden olden days of driving Capris, TR7s or Fuegos. Holds the road better and has better brakes as well. The media reviews are written by numpties whose magazines are beholden to more "fashionable" makes than Renault, who just pull out the same tired old stereotypes and hackneyed phrases, it's so obvious when you read them.

But for anyone wanting a bit more from the Kadj, the 1.6 TCE turbo is now out and does 0-60 in under 9 seconds and 127 mph... I'd probably get one if I was  still in the market, even though I'm *almost* the oldest poster in this thread! :o . Age is just a number. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Kadqai said:

36 here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Now all the younger ones are coming out trying to steal my youth limelight 😭😂😉

52 years young, previous car was a Astra 2litr elite 165bhp and a great car, daughter is always telling me I drive too fast , thank god for the speed camera voice alerts as I pass 2 on the way to work everyday, reduce your speed , reduce your speed almost like having the daughter in car all the time , but I quite like it keeps me right even if it does interrupt a decent tune on the radio.:D

58 me, age is a state of mind and mine is in a state!
There is no reason why young and old can't appreciate the same things. I do agree with an earlier statement that the cost of a Kadjar would limit the ability of younger persons with more kids and mortgages to afford one.

------------------------
I can't be the only sane one here? 🤡
It's not my Kadjar, I'm only borrowing it off my Grandad!