• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New Front Tyres
3 3

16 posts in this topic

The continental Contisportcontact5 are really good Tyres and are run flats with auto sealing technology. In my opinion unless you have a spare go for the same ones or the newer model the Contisportcontact6

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Only 17k on a set of front tyres. I done about 15k and it looks as if mine will not last much longer. I'm not a "boy racer" driver and live in a semi-rual area with low stop/start driving.

Clearly this low mileage tyre life tyre is a big down mark on the Kadjar for me.  I expect expect around 35k that I got on my Kia Sportage. So what's the reason?

Hi Yes ours is fast heading for new shoes to. done 16000 may get 18000 are you ready out of four moved front to back at 8-9000 previous car KOLEOS did 40000 miles on four so kj not quite so good WHY ??i suspect it is the tyres and not car  ours at least are worn even across tread on all four so down to compound I think ours is 1.6 4x4 and is probably faster on acceleration than 2.0 litre koleos , driving style has a huge influence also and your country lanes and town driving will reduce mileage I would think acceleration and braking corners and all that I am hoping for more from replacements that will not be continentals for sure 🙃

JC😎🥃🥃

I always thought that the tyres on my 19" wheel Kadjar's tyres would last longer, on the perhaps, misguided belief that on each revolution they had less contact time on the road over 17" wheels (Me "GCE Physics" - failed!).

Am I right or wrong? Or just a 70+ year old faxt who remembers getting MMPP  (More Miles Per Pound) on tyres before we were  all conned by the likes of Top Gear?  :(

Hi Yes see your point about wheel size BUT it is TYRE size that matters not wheel size or more importantly rolling radius and as 17 and 19" tyres have same rolling radius 19" is a lower profile tyre the overall diameter is same at point of contact with ground.  ( tread if you see what I mean ) and as for wear on edges of tyre if both edges wear it will probably be under inflation if only one edge per tyre may well be tracking🤔🤔🤔

JC😎😎🥃🥃

Tongue in cheek - I wonder if Renault are putting part worn tyres on new cars nowadays?

More seriously it would be useful if a new owner could measure the tread depth before any appreciable mileage, the fronts on ours won't last 12k miles!

It could be like printer manufacturers, they fit low capacity ink cartridges to reduce cost and boost ink sales. 

Hi Yes ours are wearing on all of tread nice and even just wearing a little tooooooo fast for me. I do try to keep pressures correct and always check when cold👍👍

JC😎😎🥃🥃

19 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Bang on re the dia issue, otherwise the gearing and calibration of all instruments is affected.

However it's simply too much of a coincidence that wide tyres wear out on edges first.

Over inflation wears tyres out the centres first.

Underinflation wears out the edges first..

So ignoring tracking which isn't what we are talking about here, ie uneven tyre wear, it should follow that correctly inflated tyres will wear out evenly across the width of the tyre given average driver input?. But do they?, I don't think so.

So to ask again of anyone about to/having changed tyres(fronts), did they wear out evenly or on the edges first??

I am currently booked in for Saturday morning for some new front tyres, I personally do not rate the conti sport 5 as I have only got 11000 miles out of them. I had the same tyre on my previous car and they lasted almost 27000 they were on a mini countryman. I found them to have bad grip in the wet as on my kadjar too. I'm putting a budget set on with a reasonably good energy rating to see how I get on.

Energy ratings are

Fuel B

Wet B

DB 68

Hi Yes which ones are the above please look like good ratings to me and are they 19"   and where from please don't ask much do I many thanks hope they work for you 😀😀

JC😎😎☕️

30 minutes ago, XXSPARKY82XX said:

I am currently booked in for Saturday morning for some new front tyres, I personally do not rate the conti sport 5 as I have only got 11000 miles out of them. I had the same tyre on my previous car and they lasted almost 27000 they were on a mini countryman. I found them to have bad grip in the wet as on my kadjar too. I'm putting a budget set on with a reasonably good energy rating to see how I get on.

Energy ratings are

Fuel B

Wet B

DB 68

Fitted Budget Tyers to mine just before I chopped it in no issues with grip and were not as noisy as the conts  

Hi Yes does anyone know what the wear figures on side wall of all tyres mean 🤔and how different from other manufacturers contact. 5's are. ??? 🤔  please

JC. 😎☕️