• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Gearbox overheated ?

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I accelerated away from traffic lights not aggressively but quicker than usual. The car went through 1st 2nd fine 3rd went in with a jolt n the gearbox overheated message came on n the orange spanner lit up. I pulled over and stopped n restarted and the light n message were no longer on.

Spoke to dealer who said if it happens again call RAC n get it towed in .

The car is only a week old with 600 miles on it .

It's a bit disconcerting frankly.

Anyone any ideas or am I just worrying over nothing

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just fyi. I also had troubles with the autogearbox. Mine started stuttering when pulling up and started making a grinding noise. things got worse after a few kilometers. After 3 days in the shop they concluded it was the clutch. Replaced the clutch, but didn't fix it. Then they had to replace the whole gearbox. Problem is gone now. this was in belgium on a car with 3000km at the time

I don't have any experience of Automatic Renaults, but my last car Renault Grande Scenic had a bit of a habit for bringing up the spanner and warning which then re-set whenever I turned the car off. Favourite was check parking brake, but had a bunch including traction control and general engine warning. On occasion I think the multitude of sensors the cars have just glitch and throw up something and nothing. I think they set them with a very low tolerance - so for example the sensors for the gearbox might have thought it did not engage as expected and through out an error. If the dealer isn't too concerned I would just baby it for a few weeks and see if it recurs - if it does straight in for it dealing with on such low mileage.