• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Smartphone mirroring in pre-May vehicles
11 11

108 posts in this topic

Yeah, there's remarkable difference. Scenic with ver 3.xxx shows "de-activated", but Kadjar with ver 2.xxx shows "Not present" at the same places :(

But if I understood correctly with Clio's and Captute's R-Link1 were same "not present" original status. So, hope still not dead ;)

Nice!

He is a guy from Romania. He says it is just a software upgrade, it takes about 5 minutes and also he can enable other functions. Also he is saving the curent software version so it can be rolled back. 

He worked on r-link 2 and made some improvements. 

It was a lot of discussions about this guy a few months ago but after a while everything stopped. I will read the Romanian forum (reno.ro - I got these info from there) and I will be back.

10 hours ago, sbaigel said:

Let me know how the search goes on the Romanian forums - When I asked him last he said he still figuring out a way to enable android auto on the Kadjar R-Link 2 system.

He answered very quickly to my message but the news is not good for us, at least at this moment..."still working to find a solution for R Link 2".

On 27/06/2017 at 0:34 AM, sbaigel said:

Hey guys!

I'm a new Kadjar owner and new to this forum. Quite unfortunately - I decided to get my Signature S Nav from the dealer existing stock and it turned out to be from the "old" stock with the older R-Link 2 install with no smartphone mirroring. I'm determined to get this rectified and have done some extensive research over multiple forums to see the situation and it seems that Apple require a "higher powered USB output" which I frankly think is bollocks because the existing output is more than my wall charger. Nonetheless - if this is true then I don't see why Renault can't at least include android auto when the whole system itself is android based. So for this I have three actions proposed:

1) Go sign the petition from the french forum (use google translate if you're not fluent in croissant) - https://www.change.org/p/renault-france-android-auto-carplay-pour-tous-les-r-link-2-renault?

2) If someone has the new r-link 2 software (version 3.3.16.941) - please upload the update file? - I can ask some more talented friends if they can do some work on trying to build a custom firmware - this will be risky however and not guaranteed - its been done on the Mazda CX5 to bring android auto on there but people need to reinstall the stock firmware before car goes into service (I believe).

3) This is my own personal endeavour as I feel I've been wronged by Renault in my particular case - my car was manufactured April 24th and this article clearly states "From April onwards, 100% of new cars produced with R-LINK will embark the compatibility with the leading smartphone projection technologies from Google and Apple."   This was more recently changed to May 2017 vehicles - so it is quite unacceptable that I only had that previous info when buying my car - I think I should have a legal avenue to pursue but ideally want to resolve it with a software update.

Thanks for reading guys! Keep up the pressure and keep contacting Renault complaints team

I bought my Kadjar, because all the information I was reading said that R-Link 2 had Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. This was not the case when I had taken the car home, and started fiddling as you do to connect my phone, and nothing!? So Rather miffed with Renault about this. Oh the other thing is the car I bought was registered in November 2016, but I found out when I received the V5 and other related paperwork is was manufactured in 2015. Well for a Signature Nav 1.6 its really basic, such as the absence of absent lighting, footwell lights, puddle lamps and door lamps.

I think I was sold a dynamiquie with "extras", and I'm not happy with this heap of metal.

5 minutes ago, CountryFox said:

I bought my Kadjar, because all the information I was reading said that R-Link 2 had Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. This was not the case when I had taken the car home, and started fiddling as you do to connect my phone, and nothing!? So Rather miffed with Renault about this. Oh the other thing is the car I bought was registered in November 2016, but I found out when I received the V5 and other related paperwork is was manufactured in 2015. Well for a Signature Nav 1.6 its really basic, such as the absence of absent lighting, footwell lights, puddle lamps and door lamps.

I think I was sold a dynamiquie with "extras", and I'm not happy with this heap of metal.

When did you actually buy the car ?

I just had a problem with my Kadjar (by the way water can easily enter in your door. If you have there some electronic parts, like a relay for auto folding your mirrors you must be sure they can work submerged) and I had some time to talk with the dealer and the mechanic. 

The dealer: "you are the first customer complaining about R Link 2. We have hundreds of satisfied customers." 

The mechanic: "Everybody is complaining about this R Link 2. Is it really so bad?" 

😁

Edited by Buder

12 hours ago, Buder said:

He answered very quickly to my message but the news is not good for us, at least at this moment..."still working to find a solution for R Link 2".

This is not too bad I think there is considerably more difficulty in getting this enabled on the R-Link 2 as it's a newer system compared to R-link 1 (tighter restrictions maybe). They're both Android based though.

I think given some time it will be possible but just depends on if people are willing to bypass Renault and install this mod.

It will definitely solve all the woes of using the R-link outdated sat nav maps. Thats why I'm not bothering with the R-link 2.18xxx etc. it's all just minor updates compared to having Android auto.

12 minutes ago, CountryFox said:

This you should be able to return if it actually isn't the car model and spec you ordered. Call up dealer they gave you old stock.

1 minute ago, CountryFox said:

I bought it on the 26 / October /2017

It should have Android Auto in that case except they've given you old stock . Did the dealer expressly tell you it would have Android Auto and CarPlay ? . If they did you may have a case re misleading advertising and hopefully reject the car 

4 minutes ago, ulfire said:

It should have Android Auto in that case except they've given you old stock . Did the dealer expressly tell you it would have Android Auto and CarPlay ? . If they did you may have a case re misleading advertising and hopefully reject the car 

I'm going to contact the dealer and Renault and tray and arrange a replacement. But since being it I've driven 3K miles. Do I have a case?

2 hours ago, CountryFox said:

I'm going to contact the dealer and Renault and tray and arrange a replacement. But since being it I've driven 3K miles. Do I have a case?

Ideally you should have brought it up immediately . They may argue it's a used car , but I suppose if it was built in 2015 you could have a counterargument that they sold you an old car :)

On 17/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, Arthur_Kono said:

I have seen and read this about R-Link1 too. R-Link2 have similar configuration entries in ECU as well, but I don't know how usabe it is. I have a plan to visit local dealer for firmware update I would not to try flashing ECU before it (risk to loose warranty?).

Illustration picture:

AAP_rl2.thumb.png.ad2335c3bb7abbb0ff603a7d23ecbdc4.png

Have you spot any update to these efforts? I've seen some posts on planeterenault forum - one guy attempted to "activate" the CarPlay and AAP but no luck on R-Link 2

5 hours ago, sbaigel said:

Have you spot any update to these efforts?

My questions to the local Renault office about the new software were not answered. Completely one way traffic. The same applies to the head office in Poland. Very frustrated, but still waiting. I heard that in some regions at 29'th of December new firmware will be released. Will see ...

I guess we just have to accept that Renault will not find a solution. Not because they can't but because they don't want. The managerial decision is made. 

We can wait for a solution from China or Russia, hardware or software. 

我想说,在中国这个车十分的小众,保有量十分的小,所以我跨越互联网防火墙来这里寻找答案,结果发现全世界各地的人都被坑了。。。原来不止中国啊,我之前还以为雷诺区别对待呢。

I want to say, in China, the car is very small, and the quantity is very small. So I crossed the Internet firewall to find the answer here, and found that people all over the world were trapped. It turned out to be more than China. I thought Renault was treated differently.

14 hours ago, Buder said:

I found these two articles in a discussion on my national Kadjar forum.

Interesting!!!

http://auto-infos.fr/Renault-lance-son-bouquet-de,10525

https://auto.orange.fr/auto-connectee/news/renault-va-deployer-easy-connect-en-2018-CNT000000SDGQJ.html

But who can trust those liars from Renault?

More adequate question is how this will help us?