• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Smartphone mirroring in pre-May vehicles
11 11

108 posts in this topic

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, Marc said:

Totally understand the map issue as that was a promised feature so I believe by what some people have said so yeah complain away as I would too

Is R-Link2 actually fit for purpose. Had my car since the end of October 16 and I'm still waiting for the promised "at least 2 free"  updates. I refuse to pay for a service that doesn't deliver. Currently using my Android phone for correct navigation and led to believe by the dealer that I should be able to mirror the screen. Nice car but would be better if the promised technology worked. Maybe we should collectively contact UK trading standards or Which. Renault more than happy to take our money yet not deliver the promised tech or are we the testers?

Is R-Link2 actually fit for purpose. Had my car since the end of October 16 and I'm still waiting for the promised "at least 2 free"  updates. I refuse to pay for a service that doesn't deliver. Currently using my Android phone for correct navigation and led to believe by the dealer that I should be able to mirror the screen. Nice car but would be better if the promised technology worked. Maybe we should collectively contact UK trading standards or Which. Renault more than happy to take our money yet not deliver the promised tech or are we the testers?

Start a petition. It must be dawning on even the most ardent fan that their failure to address the bugs in the system and two year old maps is going to impact them at some point. The promised fix due in May has been and gone and as of last week they are now saying "The software for the R-Link 2 is still being developed and we have no released date at the moment"

Or at least add your name to the French petition which currently has touching on 300 people who agree they have fallen short.

https://www.change.org/p/renault-france-android-auto-carplay-pour-tous-les-r-link-2-renault?source_location=minibar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more the merrier... maybe just maybe they might take notice. Doing something is better than doing nothing. 1,000 people who have signed the petitions represents over £20 millions worth of business that may go elsewhere on their next purchase if they lose trust in the brand. It's all about numbers and the bottom line if you want them to take notice.

After what they did to my car I will be going elsewhere next time I know I only lease my car but I still want what I was told we would get we got ours in sept 16 and was told by the sales man that mirror link and car play would be coming to the r-link 2 in this model of kadjar but it don’t look like it now

In my opinion the main issue is not whether or not pre May 2017 have AndroidAuto but that there is no route to upgrading the R Link . The R Link 2 is already obsolete within 18 months of the Kadjar's launch apparently . It may not affect the drive of the car but it was all part of the package that many paid £25000 . Surely that's not good enough ?  

Also on the r-link website it says nothing about cars b4 2017 will not have CarPlay android auto i just can’t find the e-mail address for them

r-link.helplineuk@renault.com

Maybe they might care if this was to get into the motoring press? Does this issue just affect the Kadjar or other Renaults? My car is on mobility (sorry) but I'm 6ft 5" with a bad back and need an auto. The Renault fit the purpose plus I wanted built in Sat Nav. Maybe I should along with other Motability drivers here complain about the lack of support from Renault and the fact that we have a device not currently fit for purpose - I refer to the two year old maps and lack of updates. Is it worth a go of complaining?

I've emailed Which and the r-link helpline r-link.helplineuk@renault.com

In my opinion the main issue is not whether or not pre May 2017 have AndroidAuto but that there is no route to upgrading the R Link . The R Link 2 is already obsolete within 18 months of the Kadjar's launch apparently . It may not affect the drive of the car but it was all part of the package that many paid £25000 . Surely that's not good enough ?  

That’s what I’m pissed about like you say it’s my car is 9 months old and the infotainment system is obsolete already if the 2017 models have a different system then it should be called r-link 3 or something different lol

None of the bugs in the original R Link 2 ( yes there are bugs even Renault owned up to it ) bothered me unduly , other than the incessant speed warnings when the car was stationary . It's Renault's inability ( lack of will or expertise ? ) to deal with them along with breaking their promise of "always up to date maps " that did .

In contrast to Renault , I had occasion to take my present car to the dealer for a faulty return spring ( no , I didn't throw my toys out of the pram . New cars can develop faults , I accept that ) . Whilst at the dealers they said there'd been issues with the media unit and mine needed changing . I told them mine hadn't given a problem since ownership ( 3 months ) , but they were determined to replace it just in case . One hour later I'm on my way home with a new return spring and media unit .

It's not about bugs and faults on the the car , but how the manufacturer deals with it .

Hyundai 1 Renault -10 

None of the bugs in the original R Link 2 ( yes there are bugs even Renault owned up to it ) bothered me unduly , other than the incessant speed warnings when the car was stationary . It's Renault's inability ( lack of will or expertise ? ) to deal with them along with breaking their promise of "always up to date maps " that did .
In contrast to Renault , I had occasion to take my present car to the dealer for a faulty return spring ( no , I didn't throw my toys out of the pram . New cars can develop faults , I accept that ) . Whilst at the dealers they said there'd been issues with the media unit and mine needed changing . I told them mine hadn't given a problem since ownership ( 3 months ) , but they were determined to replace it just in case . One hour later I'm on my way home with a new return spring and media unit .
It's not about bugs and faults on the the car , but how the manufacturer deals with it .
Hyundai 1 Renault -10 

That’s right Renault have been poop and I think it will be down to cost but when the salesman tells you something you expect them to know what there talking about but apparently not lol

Latest from Renault R-Link (no)Helpline 

Dear,

My apologies for the lack of information, but we are not given any details regarding the upcoming update. We are never given a release date nor what may be in the update. Once the update is released, then we are given a breakdown of what it will fix. So once the update is made available we can tell you what it contains.

Truly sorry we are unable to provide more detailed information.

We are also expecting new map releases, but once again the situation is the same with no information that we can forward on to you. And please do not worry about your free map update subscription expiring, before the map release date. Because we will be taking all customers like yourself into consideration for the next map release. So you will be entitled to update the next map for free, even if your map subscription has expired.

All new R-Link's from May 2017 onwards have minor modifications to it, that unfortunately we are told cannot be retrofitted.

My sincere apologies once again for the lack of information. But once the updates start appearing we will be in a better situation to give you more information.

cleardot.gif
If you have any further doubts or queries, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Makes you wonder why they even have them as a point of contact they know SFA about the system but are meant to be the team resolving issues .

You'd think , being as the Kadjar  is now 2 years old , that they'd have some operatives that knew the R Link system inside out ....

I'm willing to bet some of the minions writing the fob off emails have never laid eyes on one lol

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, sbaigel said:

Hey guys!

I'm a new Kadjar owner and new to this forum. Quite unfortunately - I decided to get my Signature S Nav from the dealer existing stock and it turned out to be from the "old" stock with the older R-Link 2 install with no smartphone mirroring. I'm determined to get this rectified and have done some extensive research over multiple forums to see the situation and it seems that Apple require a "higher powered USB output" which I frankly think is bollocks because the existing output is more than my wall charger. Nonetheless - if this is true then I don't see why Renault can't at least include android auto when the whole system itself is android based. So for this I have three actions proposed:

1) Go sign the petition from the french forum (use google translate if you're not fluent in croissant) - https://www.change.org/p/renault-france-android-auto-carplay-pour-tous-les-r-link-2-renault?

2) If someone has the new r-link 2 software (version 3.3.16.941) - please upload the update file? - I can ask some more talented friends if they can do some work on trying to build a custom firmware - this will be risky however and not guaranteed - its been done on the Mazda CX5 to bring android auto on there but people need to reinstall the stock firmware before car goes into service (I believe).

3) This is my own personal endeavour as I feel I've been wronged by Renault in my particular case - my car was manufactured April 24th and this article clearly states "From April onwards, 100% of new cars produced with R-LINK will embark the compatibility with the leading smartphone projection technologies from Google and Apple."   This was more recently changed to May 2017 vehicles - so it is quite unacceptable that I only had that previous info when buying my car - I think I should have a legal avenue to pursue but ideally want to resolve it with a software update.

Thanks for reading guys! Keep up the pressure and keep contacting Renault complaints team

had the same issue, after quoting sales of goods act and motor trade act car going back full refund, Renault was useless and unwilling to help, 

On 09/07/2017 at 6:40 PM, Arthur_Kono said:

I have following one french navigation forum and yes, there they tried to hack it without significant success.

OK, talking about mirroring it's may be a new feature. But keeping navigation maps up to date by updating them 1-2 times per year is pure software issue. For the record - NNG has released maps dated as 2017.03 a month ago. My Kadjar still has 2015.06. Make a sense? No!

Is it possible if you can link me to this french forum post?

13 hours ago, nick1978 said:

had the same issue, after quoting sales of goods act and motor trade act car going back full refund, Renault was useless and unwilling to help, 

I might have to pursue this myself 

Hi. I have signed both petition and I am still waiting for this feature. 

As anyone fond a way to get this working our do you have any idea when it will be available?

I am also being in touch with servicerenault2017@gmail.com which he believes must be a way to enabled it on R-Link 2.2x.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, gjfonte said:

Hi. I have signed both petition and I am still waiting for this feature. 

As anyone fond a way to get this working our do you have any idea when it will be available?

I am also being in touch with servicerenault2017@gmail.com which he believes must be a way to enabled it on R-Link 2.2x.

Thanks

Officially I think there is no hope getting Renault to add this feature.

I have also been in touch with servicerenault2017 and his video demonstrations on YouTube are very impressive as he's managed to get android auto on the old megane R-link gen 1 and the Clio 2016 mediaNav system.

There is some hope and he said he's currently trying to get it working on kadjars r-link 2.x system when I emailed him last. I just think r-link 2 is a bit more secured so will take time.

I have seen and read this about R-Link1 too. R-Link2 have similar configuration entries in ECU as well, but I don't know how usabe it is. I have a plan to visit local dealer for firmware update I would not to try flashing ECU before it (risk to loose warranty?).

Illustration picture:

AAP_rl2.thumb.png.ad2335c3bb7abbb0ff603a7d23ecbdc4.png

What about the SPVR? it seems like its not present in r-link 2 to activate. If you go to update the R-link firmware then maybe it might not be possible to make alterations to the new version 2.18xxx