• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Android Retrofit
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Came across this today, Its a long video so bare with it or skip along it like I did. Don't understand what he's saying so not sure if this would be any good or not for pre may 2017 owners, also shows a link to the head unit during the video. Think this is from the German Renault forum. I  have posted this purely for owners info and in no way endorse it and before you say it jh foto we all know you are very happy with your kadjar.:rolleyes: 

Oridinary device is 2DIN front mask and 1DIN unit. So no problem to change it with 3rd party android device. R-Link2 is just a display and a separate unit in dash. Like Cabassetronic in my GrandScenic 2007. Just head unit, basedevice in trunk. Have to do complete new wiring to replace it. In in Kadjar's case it is fully integrated into car management...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, robertp said:

Oridinary device is 2DIN front mask and 1DIN unit. So no problem to change it with 3rd party android device. R-Link2 is just a display and a separate unit in dash. Like Cabassetronic in my GrandScenic 2007. Just head unit, basedevice in trunk. Have to do complete new wiring to replace it. In in Kadjar's case it is fully integrated into car management...

Appreciate your reply, but no idea what you have just said but sure it makes sense to someone more tech minded than me.:huh:

What he's say is you can change it to a standard double size radio with car play etc. But and it's a big but the rlink2 controls the car features as well so it's a non starter unless you use the app that someone's going to come up with to adjust the cars features

This German guy had a Kadjar with just the radio (no screen, no navi) that he exchanged for this media player from China. Seems to have worked fine. But, as mentioned above, a Kadjar with R-link2 is bound to loose some functionality - and gain other...

Skickat från min SM-T705 via Tapatalk

Guys, R-Link2 is already Android based device, it is industrial class device instead of consumer class like Chinese retrofit devices. So basically we need an enthusiast who will do reverse engineering and unlock this thing so we can add other applications, change skins, upgrade maps... Like it is possible with Media Nav...