Kadjar maps Renault technical services
4 4

21 posts in this topic

Fired a few questions to Renault technical team last week, below is the reply I received might be revelent to some owners.

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for taking the time to contact Renault regarding the R-Link updates on the Renault KADJAR. 

I understand you are a moderator for the Renault KADJAR forum and wanted Renault to answer some questions regarding the R-Link system. Your intention is to publish these answers online.

I am sorry to hear that some of your members have had issues with the R-Link systems on their KADJARS. We are very proud of the KADJAR and believe they are fantastic vehicles which have exceeded expectations. I understand that you have concerns that the R-Link system utilises Mapping from June 2015 and feel this is out of date and I also understand that this can cause inconvenience depending on location.

In this case, I have spoken to our Connected Services Department who look after the R-Link system in the KADJAR. They have advised me that R-Link 2 with version 2.2.17.803 installed have had no updates yet. However, R-Link 2 with version 3.3.15.416 installed can update to 3.3.16.940 at their local Renault dealership.

Regarding the map updates they have confirmed that for R-Link 2 with version 2.2.17.803 installed the latest map is still 2015_06. For R-Link 2 with version 3.3.15.416 or 3.3.16.940 installed, customers can download 2015_12. The map 2016_06 has also been released, but some customers have encountered an issue with the download that is being investigated by the technical team.

With regard your fourth question ‘Can you confirm pre may 2017 kadjars run R-Link on Android 2?’ I am unsure what this means and do not feel confident to answer accurately. Please can you be more specific?

In relation to customers only having one map update before their subscription expired and whether we can offer a free map update to members of your forum, I can confirm that the KADJAR has the latest map updates available. There are plans to release a map update before the end of 2017 for customers to purchase if they wish to but we do not have the release date at this stage.

I can also confirm that we currently have no plans to give free map updates to any KADJAR owner for the R-Link system at this stage.

As you are a Renault owner, I would recommend you register for My Renault. You can register atwww.renault.co.uk. It’s a great place to find out more about your Renault, get offers from us, download handbooks and even book a service.

I appreciate this is not the answer you were hoping for but I hope this email reassures you Renault take all complaints seriously.

If you wish to discuss these issue further, you can email me on this address, or call me on our number below. Our dedicated Customer Relations department is open from 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). If I have not heard from you in two working days, I will assume you do not require any further assistance. 

Kind regards

Adrian Puddephatt
Customer Support Manager

Chris Summers
Senior Customer Support Manager

Fired a few questions to Renault technical team last week, below is the reply I received might be revelent to some owners.

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for taking the time to contact Renault regarding the R-Link updates on the Renault KADJAR. 

I understand you are a moderator for the Renault KADJAR forum and wanted Renault to answer some questions regarding the R-Link system. Your intention is to publish these answers online.

I am sorry to hear that some of your members have had issues with the R-Link systems on their KADJARS. We are very proud of the KADJAR and believe they are fantastic vehicles which have exceeded expectations. I understand that you have concerns that the R-Link system utilises Mapping from June 2015 and feel this is out of date and I also understand that this can cause inconvenience depending on location.

In this case, I have spoken to our Connected Services Department who look after the R-Link system in the KADJAR. They have advised me that R-Link 2 with version 2.2.17.803 installed have had no updates yet. However, R-Link 2 with version 3.3.15.416 installed can update to 3.3.16.940 at their local Renault dealership.

Regarding the map updates they have confirmed that for R-Link 2 with version 2.2.17.803 installed the latest map is still 2015_06. For R-Link 2 with version 3.3.15.416 or 3.3.16.940 installed, customers can download 2015_12. The map 2016_06 has also been released, but some customers have encountered an issue with the download that is being investigated by the technical team.

With regard your fourth question ‘Can you confirm pre may 2017 kadjars run R-Link on Android 2?’ I am unsure what this means and do not feel confident to answer accurately. Please can you be more specific?

In relation to customers only having one map update before their subscription expired and whether we can offer a free map update to members of your forum, I can confirm that the KADJAR has the latest map updates available. There are plans to release a map update before the end of 2017 for customers to purchase if they wish to but we do not have the release date at this stage.

I can also confirm that we currently have no plans to give free map updates to any KADJAR owner for the R-Link system at this stage.

As you are a Renault owner, I would recommend you register for My Renault. You can register atwww.renault.co.uk. It’s a great place to find out more about your Renault, get offers from us, download handbooks and even book a service.

I appreciate this is not the answer you were hoping for but I hope this email reassures you Renault take all complaints seriously.

If you wish to discuss these issue further, you can email me on this address, or call me on our number below. Our dedicated Customer Relations department is open from 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). If I have not heard from you in two working days, I will assume you do not require any further assistance. 

Kind regards

Adrian Puddephatt
Customer Support Manager

Chris Summers

What an absolute crock. That 'answer' is from a politician, not a customer service advisor.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Rik    1

Hi, My Kadjar was built on 5.04.2017 (Week 14). They started building Kadjars with Apple Carplay and Android Auto from Week 17. This is according to Adrian.  

I also spoke with Adrian and he passed me on to R-Link team who sent me the following email. 

Dear Mr *******, 

I am writing to you today from the Renault Connected Services team, after receiving contact from Adrian Puddephatt from Renault. 

I have checked with your vehicle's VIN number that has been provided to me and I can inform with certainty that your vehicle is not compatible with Apple Car Play and therefore you will not be able to use it now, or in the future.

This is because the necessary hardware that it takes in order for it to work is not built into the system you have installed. The necessary hardware cannot be retro-fitted once the system has already been put together. 

If there is anything that we can be of assistance with in the future, then please do not hesitate to be in touch. We are more than happy to help.

Kind regards, 

Iain Reynolds
Customer Service Agent 
Renault Connected Services

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I bought a new old car, which makes me quite annoyed, I would not care about the bloody carplay it they would update the maps. 

I was also advised by Adrian that they are waiting map updates from tomtom, no dates as of yet. They hope to receive it by the end of the 2017(?) :O.

Cheers

Rik

5 hours ago, Rik said:

Hi, My Kadjar was built on 5.04.2017 (Week 14). They started building Kadjars with Apple Carplay and Android Auto from Week 17. This is according to Adrian.  

I also spoke with Adrian and he passed me on to R-Link team who sent me the following email. 

Dear Mr *******, 

I am writing to you today from the Renault Connected Services team, after receiving contact from Adrian Puddephatt from Renault. 

I have checked with your vehicle's VIN number that has been provided to me and I can inform with certainty that your vehicle is not compatible with Apple Car Play and therefore you will not be able to use it now, or in the future.

This is because the necessary hardware that it takes in order for it to work is not built into the system you have installed. The necessary hardware cannot be retro-fitted once the system has already been put together. 

If there is anything that we can be of assistance with in the future, then please do not hesitate to be in touch. We are more than happy to help.
We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help.We are more than happy to help. 
and ad infinitum, that's all they are prepared to do, pay lip service.

We are more than happy to help NOT. Rude Santa Claus animated emoticonin effect

Kind regards, 

Iain Reynolds
Customer Service Agent 
Renault Connected Services

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I bought a new old car, which makes me quite annoyed, I would not care about the bloody carplay it they would update the maps. 

I was also advised by Adrian that they are waiting map updates from tomtom, no dates as of yet. They hope to receive it by the end of the 2017(?) :O.

Cheers

Rik

Yeah, course you are, frustrated user emoticonButt kisser animated emoticon

Was at my local dealers this morning on an unrelated matter and took the opportunity to collar the bloke who sold me the car and asked him about updating to Apple/Android CarPlay. He was honest and said virtually the same as the official letters in previous posts. If you haven't got it now you never will have. No software/hardware updates are planned for the future. I even asked what if I paid... No chance! As pleased as I am with my car I can promise the next one will have it. Sod Renault.

On the Renault vehicle model page, there is listed an ALL NEW MEGANE. A few bells and whistles over the old Megane. The Kadjar is just listed as a Kadjar. It seems to differ depending which month it was built.
My complaint to Renault UK ( who were obnoxious, BTW) came back with words to the effect "yours was built in Nov 16, you should have asked that at the dealers'.
Yeah right, in the excitement of picking up my first new car in 8 years (Apr 17) I totally forgot to ask them what month it was actually born. 🤔

2 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

On the Renault vehicle model page, there is listed an ALL NEW MEGANE. A few bells and whistles over the old Megane. The Kadjar is just listed as a Kadjar. It seems to differ depending which month it was built.
My complaint to Renault UK ( who were obnoxious, BTW) came back with words to the effect "yours was built in Nov 16, you should have asked that at the dealers'.
Yeah right, in the excitement of picking up my first new car in 8 years (Apr 17) I totally forgot to ask them what month it was actually born. 🤔

Very similar to a response I had off them " Purchase the car and see what's on it " :wacko:

"Regarding the map updates they have confirmed that for R-Link 2 with version 2.2.17.803 installed the latest map is still 2015_06. For R-Link 2 with version 3.3.15.416 or 3.3.16.940 installed, customers can download 2015_12. The map 2016_06 has also been released, but some customers have encountered an issue with the download that is being investigated by the technical team."
Has anyone understood, why some of us (me, for example ) have the R-link 2 version starting with 2 and others the 3-version? What differs? Why can't the "2" be updated to "3"?

Skickat från min SM-T705 via Tapatalk

@ Karl .. Probably the hardware is different most likely down to processing power . That is the R Link 2 version 3 is fitted with a fairly good processor and the R Link Version 2 is fitted with the processing equivalent of an abacus :) . Only Renault could give an honest answer on this  , but I wouldn't hold my breath 

So they sell a subscription service which they don't actually give you anything for? I've no idea how the hell Renault are getting away with this. Its daylight robbery!

Just one of the reasons I am formally rejecting mine through the Motor Ombudsman.

On 6/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, Kug said:

Dear Mr *********

Kind regards

Adrian Puddephatt
Customer Support Manager

Chris Summers

I pulled up Renault on the fact that i was given a year subscription for map updates which on their app store explicit says guaranteed two updates. I only got one and told them it was false advertising. I expected them to give me one free update when it became available but they offered me a €75 refund instead.

Thanks for posting this letter, all very interesting and I will go and see my Renault dealer well before the car is 12 months old for my map update.  However their website I find very user unfriendly when I tried to download.

So anyone with version 2.2.17.803 of R-link has a system with loads of features that don't work as advertised and won't get any updates because Renault can't be bothered to support any cars built before May 17. Then under the 4 year warranty they should be updating everyone to version 3, even if it means changing the head unit.

I heard from a mech at my local Renault garage there will be no more up-dates for the 2.2.17 version as they are no longer working on the maps or software for it. hence why even if you ask the garage to update your maps they will not ! As they can't !!! Yet a R-Link 3.3 version can so they will update their maps...

If you feel Shafted.... It's because you have been

HI

Maps are my biggest gripe re kadjar , now if above is correct and renault have given up on old in my case march 2016 reg car and only way to get up dates is by fitting new head unit ,  it seems to me we need a whizzz kid to come up with a way of blowing head unit into next week or to  go into self destruct mode  whatever  so renault need to replace it under warranty  some of you clever boys out there need to get on it asap , my best idea is a big hammer but don't think it will be  covered by warranty . ;)

J.C.

HI
Maps are my biggest gripe re kadjar , now if above is correct and renault have given up on old in my case march 2016 reg car and only way to get up dates is by fitting new head unit ,  it seems to me we need a whizzz kid to come up with a way of blowing head unit into next week or to  go into self destruct mode  whatever  so renault need to replace it under warranty  some of you clever boys out there need to get on it asap , my best idea is a big hammer but don't think it will be  covered by warranty . 
J.C.

Funny you should mention that... I've been thinking along the lines of it having a catastrophic failure through no fault of my own of course knowing my luck they would have 10 years supply of old units in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 17/06/2017 at 10:14 AM, Kug said:

Dear Mr *********

Kind regards

Adrian Puddephatt
Customer Support Manager

Chris Summers

I spoke with Renault regarding this issue

I have software 3 3 16 941 and have late 2015 maps. They advised this is the latest one and I cannot get 2016 as that's been pulled

They advised they are working to a date of this December for a 2017 map update

Anyone got any further update to this topic.  I can't believe Renault can get away with this?  Any techno wizards opened their R Stink 2? What about a petition or a solicitor taking Renault to task?

I got information that a solution for BT problems (fixes, FW) will be scheduled for 29.12.2017.

This is official statement from dealer/authorised service workshop.