• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Why do my dashboard lights automatically dim when I turn on my side/head lights
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

This is the very 1st time I have created an account on any type of forum, so please bear with me!

I have been trying to find out why my dashboard lights dim when I turn on my side/headlights. It is so dim that I can hardly see the panel! Is there any way I can change this? I am sure someone else may have posted a similar topic but I just can't find out what to do.

Thank you

There is a setting for this on the central display so have a look, I can't remember exactly where but I found this a year ago when I got my Kadjar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From the main menu, press “System”.
The “System” menu enables access
and settings adjustments to the following
elements:– « User profile » ;
– « Display » ;
– « Keyboard » ;
– « Language » ;
– « Date and time » ;
– « Voice command » ;
– “Home page”;
– « System information » ;
– « Volume » ;
– « Brightness »;
– « Suggestion bar »;
– “General reset”;

« Brightness »
This menu allows you to adjusts the
brightness:
– of the instrument panel;
– of the multimedia screen;
– of the head-up display.
Adjust the level by pressing “+” or “-”.

Try this link  it's the Rlink handbook, not the little pamphlet that came with the car

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/596442/Renault-R-Link.html

Thank you for your reply. I have just spent the last 30 minutes sitting in my car with my laptop, following your instructions to the letter. The system will not allow me to change the brightness on the night mode however much I try! My car is due to go back to Arnold Clark next week for a sat nav update so I will ask the engineer to explain what I am doing wrong!

12 hours ago, wendy said:

Hey Presto! Turned the lights on & I was able to change the brightness in night mode. Thank you so much I will sleep peacefully tonight!

Glad it all worked out for you, sorry forgot to say Hi and welcome to the Forum     :)

Hi again

Just checked in thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

I've just been reading  posts about how to wash my car!!!!  Haven't laughed so much in ages, even funnier than Peter Kay!!!!

48 minutes ago, wendy said:

Hi again

Just checked in thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

I've just been reading  posts about how to wash my car!!!!  Haven't laughed so much in ages, even funnier than Peter Kay!!!!

Hi Wendy and welcome, glad to see your enjoying the forum, feel free to post any other queries you might have. 😄

Cool - I thought this setting is not editable as it was greyed out. Not in 1000 dreams I would have thought to turn on the headlight! Thanx barracuda1!