• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Automatic - Persistent Overrevving
2 2

14 posts in this topic

For anyone that has an automatic Kadjar, does your engine constantly over-rev?

I've had mine over a year and I've had the problem since I've had the car. When I took the car into my local Renault service centre they said it was common on all Kadjars and Qashqais. I don't trust them, though, because with the well known RDS issue on Kadjars, they said it's not a problem with the car but a fault with DAB signals(!).

Recently it's been even worse, with the engine over-revving as if the I'm flooring it whilst the car is in 'Neutral' when all I'm doing is applying some gas to get moving from a stationary position or to overtake a car.

I've been driving for donkeys years and I've owned automatics in the past and I've never come across this.

3 hours ago, aro_77 said:

Not, they are totally different, Qashqai has CVT gearbox, Kadjar has 6 (diesel) or 7 (petrol) dual clutch gearbox.

Aro is right, My last car was a Juke auto with the CVT gearbox and that did tend to hang on to gears for too long. The Renault auto is a much better dual clutch system.

In the first couple of weeks driving my Kad, I did have a few instances of over-revving, but, in my case, I think it was that I hadn't really got used to the way the car/gearbox behaved.

Coming to the Kad from a petrol Peugeot 308 that needed a big bootful of throttle to go anywhere, it took me a while to adapt to the Kad - much more subtlety required on the throttle.

After I got through that learning curve, the over-rev went away.

Following this with interest. My Sig Nav auto seems to suffer a bit. Not concerned enough to call the dealer yet, but was concerned enough to make two work journeys with the radio off last week to check I wasn't imagining it.
Two examples I can give. Going down the short hill to the house, it sometimes screams that it wants to change gear, but it won't. I can't give any more gas as it is residential and I don't want to increase speed.
2nd, there are a series of about 5 speed bumps on the main road nearby, designed to keep limit to 20/30 Mph. I go over them slow, but in the 50 or so yards between bumps it really screams. To equate this to a manual car, it is as though I'm am staying in 1st rather than changing to 3rd. Same applies to first example.
My wife mini auto is much smoother between changes. Though I have no complaints once it is on a proper run.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I've never noticed anything untoward, although I do flick in eco mode around town in traffic, lightens things up bit. On long runs like going to work let's just say it gets worked.

Yes on my dci automatic it seems to overrev on the change from first to second as though it cannot get the change completed for a second or so, but this only seems to happen on the first drive of the day, and if I am light on the throttle it seems perfectly fine. 

The rest of the day it works fine and I forget about it until the next day!

Otherwise the gearbox really suits the engine and does a wonderful job in terms of performance and economy, virtually 60 mpg!! overall

Yep mine seems to do this all the time now, never used to before it went in for a service, 2nd-3rd is the worse nearly 4 thousand revs it hangs that much I think it’s in manual sometimes it does it in eco as well.

8 hours ago, Fezr5gtt said:

Yep mine seems to do this all the time now, never used to before it went in for a service, 2nd-3rd is the worse nearly 4 thousand revs it hangs that much I think it’s in manual sometimes it does it in eco as well.

In another thread some diesel owners have complained about decreased mpg after service and suspect Renault have applied a software update to modify emissions.

Could this be having an effect on auto gearbox performance?

On 7/28/2017 at 10:52 AM, Wife'sKdj said:

In another thread some diesel owners have complained about decreased mpg after service and suspect Renault have applied a software update to modify emissions.

Could this be having an effect on auto gearbox performance?

I’ve also noticed a decrease in mpg,I’d hazard a guess and say it is.