• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Creaky suspension
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Had my Kadjar for a few months now and Iv noticed that the rear suspension seems to be creaking quite badly when driving. At first I didn't think much of it and thought it would go away, but it's now starting to do my head in.

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar issue?

I'm going to call renault and book in for it to be checked out. Hopefully the new update is released and they can update the shitty r-link at the same time!

Really starting to regret getting a Kadjar now. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car to drive. I just find the MPG shocking and the r-link system no better than a crappy iPad you would find on a market stall.

Wish I had gone for a bigger engine instead of the 1.2 tce. I think the car is too big and heavy for the engine, hence the poor MPG.

I had a Megane 1.5dci previously which was at 50mpg, and I'm really noticing the difference at the pump with the Kadjar

If anyone wants to buy a Sig Nav 1.2tce in blue with only 3000miles, then give me shout!

Iv had 4 Renault's now and can honestly say this will be my last. I quite like the look of the VW Tiguan. Might just take the hit and trade it in

Anyway, rant over!

1 hour ago, @lex said:

Wish I had gone for a bigger engine instead of the 1.2 tce. I think the car is too big and heavy for the engine, hence the poor MPG.

I had a Megane 1.5dci previously which was at 50mpg, and I'm really noticing the difference at the pump with the Kadjar

You would notice a huge difference if fuel consumption going from diesel to petrol regardless of car model.  Diesel cars have long been more fuel efficient than petrol, hence their popularity and initial desirability.  But don't forget you paid less for the petrol engine car, and petrol is cheaper than diesel now!  Also, you can comfort yourself that you are not releasing NOx into the atmosphere!

I have the1.2 tce, and haven't had any issues with suspension, but I haven't gone 3000 miles yet, so I'll reserve judgement on that.

As for power, according to the specs the 1.2tce produces the same bhp (130) as the 1.6 dci.

My suspension is creaking really bad now. It is starting to feel like a Dacia to drive. Mine is 18 months old, 24,000 miles. Will be contacting Renault shortly.

I'm with the original poster. This will be my last Renault (and my first and last Nissan). Absolute turd.

4 hours ago, Wife'sKdj said:

Our Kadjar is currently with dealers having a suspension top mount replaced at 9,900 miles.

Not good.

You think it may be related to the recent accident? Mine is at 15k miles now, no issues with suspension whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Boyko said:

You think it may be related to the recent accident? Mine is at 15k miles now, no issues with suspension whatsoever.

No, the problem existed and was diagnosed before the bump.

14 hours ago, Boyko said:

What were the symptoms? To be aware, just in case

On our car, a grinding noise when turning at low speed. It may have been there at higher speeds but masked by road noise.

1 hour ago, Wife'sKdj said:

On our car, a grinding noise when turning at low speed. It may have been there at higher speeds but masked by road noise.

I had a similar issue at 6000 miles turns out the rear axle was faulty and was replaced under warranty.  13000 miles now done and no recurrence.

14 minutes ago, leejaxxin said:

I had a similar issue at 6000 miles turns out the rear axle was faulty and was replaced under warranty.  13000 miles now done and no recurrence.

Wonder where Renault are sourcing their parts now?

Seems that "Genuine Renault Parts" are no better than cheap pattern parts.