• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Towbar Electrics
4 4

38 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, thecookster said:

Fitted genuine Renault retractable towbar and dedicated electrics myself - all works well, sensors go off (I've got Signature Bose edition) when trailer connected, as well as disabling blind spot alert, however this is only because it needs programming by Renault to do this (you can't do it from R Link - it's a Renault CLIP programming job I'm afraid, so main dealer only).  Mine was done whilst it was at the dealers for something else at no cost to me after I'd fitted them!

OK. Thanks - Mine was fitted at the import centre before it got to the dealer, so it should have all appropriate connections/programming.

23 hours ago, thecookster said:

Fitted genuine Renault retractable towbar and dedicated electrics myself - all works well, sensors go off (I've got Signature Bose edition) when trailer connected, as well as disabling blind spot alert, however this is only because it needs programming by Renault to do this (you can't do it from R Link - it's a Renault CLIP programming job I'm afraid, so main dealer only).  Mine was done whilst it was at the dealers for something else at no cost to me after I'd fitted them!

OK. Thanks - Mine was fitted at the import centre before it got to the dealer, so it should have all appropriate connections/programming.

Mine was also fitted at dealership, because of OTS I drove it to principal main dealership. I know a receptionist and few mechanics there so I am sure that programing with CLIP was in place and still failure... BTW, it should turn off only rear sensors not BLIS... even in my case blind spot detection works, only error on park assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, robertp said:

Mine was also fitted at dealership, because of OTS I drove it to principal main dealership. I know a receptionist and few mechanics there so I am sure that programing with CLIP was in place and still failure... BTW, it should turn off only rear sensors not BLIS... even in my case blind spot detection works, only error on park assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When trailer connected, the dashboard states "Trailer connected: Blind Spot Alert deactivated"  (or similar) - comes back on when trailer unplugged.

2 hours ago, Plcman said:

Whereabouts in the boot is the plug?

Fitted gen retractable bar and gen 13 pin  kit ... all wires are behind carpet on near side.    You have two spurs for right side inde. Fog etc  

On 22/05/2017 at 7:58 AM, MikeB said:

I'm just about to connect mine up for the first time, so that could be very useful. Interesting to note that one of the bits of info from the salesman was that the Renault retractable bar/electrics was designed to turn off parking sensors automatically. I'll post again when I've got it hooked up.

I have a bose and the rear senors do switch of automatically dealer need to plus in and there is a clip. Then when the caravan/ trailer is connected there is a message on dash trailer connected/ rear sensors off

The genuine loom plugs in the sensor loom underneath the bumper N/S along with other interceptions for the lights etc.

on a 13 pin socket there’s a link that’s made and this sends a signal to the vehicle ecu which puts a message on the dash.

However to make this work the ECU needs to be programmed via the dealer or with the Renault Clip diagnostics system

The genuine 13 pin from Renault is around £75 which is less than half the price of some on the net. It’s just plug and play. You do need to have the dealer to reset the clip, or you will have to turn of rear alarms using the.  r-link   If you need to use a 7 pin set up you can buy the adapter lead

I have genuine Renault retractable tow bar with 13 PIN connection and genuine wire loom with connection module... my Thule bike carrier has 7 PIN connection so I do connection trough adapter. Renault botique offers almost same adapter as main for price of 30€ while I bought it for  a half of price in general autoparts store.

I will check out on Thule web site for replacement wireing on 13PIN connector.