Towbar Electrics
2 2

31 posts in this topic

I recon it's the power lead in the boot that gives a signal to the ecu that turns the reverse sensors off. Some sort of feed back circuit when you connect the trailer plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, thecookster said:

Fitted genuine Renault retractable towbar and dedicated electrics myself - all works well, sensors go off (I've got Signature Bose edition) when trailer connected, as well as disabling blind spot alert, however this is only because it needs programming by Renault to do this (you can't do it from R Link - it's a Renault CLIP programming job I'm afraid, so main dealer only).  Mine was done whilst it was at the dealers for something else at no cost to me after I'd fitted them!

OK. Thanks - Mine was fitted at the import centre before it got to the dealer, so it should have all appropriate connections/programming.

23 hours ago, thecookster said:

Fitted genuine Renault retractable towbar and dedicated electrics myself - all works well, sensors go off (I've got Signature Bose edition) when trailer connected, as well as disabling blind spot alert, however this is only because it needs programming by Renault to do this (you can't do it from R Link - it's a Renault CLIP programming job I'm afraid, so main dealer only).  Mine was done whilst it was at the dealers for something else at no cost to me after I'd fitted them!

OK. Thanks - Mine was fitted at the import centre before it got to the dealer, so it should have all appropriate connections/programming.

Mine was also fitted at dealership, because of OTS I drove it to principal main dealership. I know a receptionist and few mechanics there so I am sure that programing with CLIP was in place and still failure... BTW, it should turn off only rear sensors not BLIS... even in my case blind spot detection works, only error on park assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, robertp said:

Mine was also fitted at dealership, because of OTS I drove it to principal main dealership. I know a receptionist and few mechanics there so I am sure that programing with CLIP was in place and still failure... BTW, it should turn off only rear sensors not BLIS... even in my case blind spot detection works, only error on park assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When trailer connected, the dashboard states "Trailer connected: Blind Spot Alert deactivated"  (or similar) - comes back on when trailer unplugged.