Renault Kadjar Forum Under New Management
3 3

49 posts in this topic

Hi to all Members New and Old,

First of all I would like to introduce myself (Bill) and the reasons for this post.

As you I am sure are aware, the RKF has over recent months slipped into turmoil with spam attacks and no administrative presence to take care of the day to day running of the community, I have managed to make contact with the previous admin staff and as a result of that communication have been able to permanently take over the management and hopefully (for those that wish to remain a member) take the forum forward to bigger and better things.

With regards to the previous owner of the forum, although I am not at liberty to go into the specifics, I can say family illness issues accounted was the root cause of things going awry, that said he hopes things straighten out and the forum recovers for those that wish it too.

I will over the next few days be removing all spam and would appreciate you guys/girls reporting any spam that I may have missed as this pings directly through to me and just speeds things along.

Moderators:

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask any body that would like to become a moderator to get in touch with me, I think we could do with a couple for starters.

Thanks for reading and please get in touch with any questions you may have,

New Forum Admin - Bill

Well done Bill, there's a lot of useful info on here it'll be a shame to let it go, including things I've put on myself. I fear that a lot of people have moved already, but it may be recoverable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, aro_77 said:

Finally! Welcome! Great to see admin here :) good luck.

Thanks, the cleaning up process has begun, let me know if you find any more spam that I may have missed.

i agree a forum with so much info needs to be saved, thanks for your support.

Bill

13 hours ago, darenh said:

Well done Bill, there's a lot of useful info on here it'll be a shame to let it go, including things I've put on myself. I fear that a lot of people have moved already, but it may be recoverable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks darenh,

if the forum does go down it won't be through lack of effort on my part, ultimately it is in the hands of members now, I can only maintain the forum and make it a great reference point again for Kadjar owners,

keep dropping by,

Bill

25 minutes ago, alan.b said:

glad its up and running again with no spam . :) 

Thanks Alan, spent over three hours last night going through everything, let me know if I have missed any, only future spam should be any members I have missed banning that are already registered and that would be quickly removed.

Bill

It would be a sad day if we cannot rescue this forum. As stated in earlier posts,  there has been a lot of interesting and important information shared amongst genuine members here and it would be to our detriment if this does not continue.

1 minute ago, Sam64 said:

It would be a sad day if we cannot rescue this forum. As stated in earlier posts,  there has been a lot of interesting and important information shared amongst genuine members here and it would be to our detriment if this does not continue.

Thanks sam, I feel a bit like it's on life support at the moment, but the doc says early signs are encouraging 🤞

MM

32 minutes ago, JHFoto said:

Good luck, anything I can do to help ?

Thanks, just keep me posted of any spam I may have missed, also over the next few days I will be going through the forum looking for threads and posts in the wrong forums, so please do report any posts that require moving that you come across,

thanks, Bill

There's a wealth of info on this forum , so it would be a shame to lose it . I've been flitting between the two for a while , as have others. It was getting a pain trying to trawl through all the spam to find any meaningful posts . Well done , Bill

39 minutes ago, ulfire said:

There's a wealth of info on this forum , so it would be a shame to lose it . I've been flitting between the two for a while , as have others. It was getting a pain trying to trawl through all the spam to find any meaningful posts . Well done , Bill

Thanks Ullfire,

still keep finding the odd spam post when delving back but I think I'm coming to the end of it all now, next job, sort out where threads have been posted in the wrong forum... tonight's job I guess

Bill aka MM

7 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Thanks Ullfire,

still keep finding the odd spam post when delving back but I think I'm coming to the end of it all now, next job, sort out where threads have been posted in the wrong forum... tonight's job I guess

Bill aka MM

Do you get to sleep ? :D

2 minutes ago, alansabout said:

Yes well done Bill it's great to see a clean home page. Roger I think you would make a great moderator.

I'm a moderator on another forum , Alan ... If I took on another I'd be a dead man ...the missus would see to that :D  and there's a few people on this forum wouldn't appreciate it either