• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

tyre pressure monitoring issue
1 1

15 posts in this topic

While out and about today the stop light and warning tone came on for two second and then went off. On the return journey the tyre pressure warning light and the spanner warning light came on on the dash with the message check tyre pressure sensors. I used the r link to navigate to the tyre pressures where the front right pressure was not showing. The other three were displayed. I pressed the reset button at the bottom of the screen and after a few minutes all four pressures came up and the warning lights on the dash disappeared. Anyone else experience this problem?

While out and about today the stop light and warning tone came on for two second and then went off. On the return journey the tyre pressure warning light and the spanner warning light came on on the dash with the message check tyre pressure sensors. I used the r link to navigate to the tyre pressures where the front right pressure was not showing. The other three were displayed. I pressed the reset button at the bottom of the screen and after a few minutes all four pressures came up and the warning lights on the dash disappeared. Anyone else experience this problem?

Just in case this happens to anyone else. The issue was resolved by the Renault dealer. It turned out to be a faulty tyre pressure sensor. Brought it back to the dealer who had it fixed within an hour! Can't ask for better service than that.

On BMW's (rear wheel drive) and some other makes of 4 wheel drive vehicles it's been reported that a simple tyre monitor error can put the car into limp mode.

A known problem with  BMWs is that if your monitor thinks one of the rear tyres is deflated it can sometimes confuse this with the car losing traction, and because the BMW is rear wheel drive the brain puts the car into limp mode thinking theres a problem with your traction control, when its only a deflated tyre or faulty tyre monitor.

A similar thing can happen with some 4 wheel drive vehicles, the brain thinking theres an issue with traction.

I dont know why the cars brain gets the tyre air pressure and traction control mixed up when they would be two separate warnings, but they sometime do.

Possibly because 2 wheels on the same axle would spin at different rates if they had different air pressure, so this would affect traction ?

Its a right pain in bum, especially when you have to go to a dealer just to get things re-calibrated .

I would suggest that if a Kadjar owner suddenly had a traction control warning on their 4 wheel drive model or even the 2 wheel version, have your tyre pressure monitors looked at before worrying that theres a problem with the traction control. 

This is probably a very silly question but:

Picked up my Kadjar yesterday and been looking through all the features today. On the screen for tyre pressures where it shows the picture of the vehicle i just have a few dotted lines shown at each wheel. Should the actual tyre pressure value measured be shown at each wheel? Do I need to press the reset button or something?

Anyone know.

Yes ignition was on and engine running when i looked at this screen. I was expecting to see the values at each wheel but like i say it was just a blank line at each wheel. If i press reset will it measure each wheel and then display? 

Yes ignition was on and engine running when i looked at this screen. I was expecting to see the values at each wheel but like i say it was just a blank line at each wheel. If i press reset will it measure each wheel and then display?

Yes I believe so. Every time you adjust the pressures you should reset the r link window on tyre pressure.

Checked all the tyre pressures with my digital pressure gauge and every tyre was different and incorrect. Inflated them all to correct pressures and then reset the monitoring system. Drove a few miles and hey presto correct pressures showing on screen in total agreement with the pressures I set with my digital gauge. Disappointed that the dealer did not set this up and that all the tyres were at the wrong pressure. 

Hi guys, 

i have one question. 

My Renault Kadjar has a problem with tpms sensors. 

The problem is when i start my car i have a message like "Tyres location failure" after when i start driving after a few miles the tyres pressure shows up until my next stop and start. 

Local dealer coudnt do nothing i was there 3 times they restart the system, programed the tpms sensors but i still have this problem. 

Maybe someone from you had the same problem and can tell me solution ? 

Hi My Kadjar had same issue with Tyre Pressure Monitors keep saying adjust tyre pressure. Went to garage checked tyre pressures all ok.

Took it to Dealer who had car all day, again they said fixed issue.

Drove home, and fault came back on..! Dealer was Evans Halshaw absolutely useless. Took car to a non Renault Dealership and fixed it within half hour. 2 months later no problem.

Absolutely amazed me how a Renault Dealership can spend all day on your car and couldn't fix it, yet a back street garage can...!