• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Engine oil

16 posts in this topic

My Kadjar had around 5800 miles on the clock when I bought it. Two days after picking it up at the end of November, the oil level warning came on which I thought was strange but then it went off a few minutes later and didn't come back on for a week or so. It then came back on every so often but to be honest, as I had it serviced when I bought it, I genuinely thought the level couldn't be low. Anyway, over the Christmas period, I had to make a trip and decided to check the oil and it was surprisingly low, so I topped it up with the oil that they supplied.

I have read the forum and seen that some people have had the same problem and it is simply a case of the vehicle using a lot of oil but surely this cannot be right for a modern car????

What are your thoughts on this?

I found that I had used the litre of oil supplied after 8000 miles which I found strange because I had owned 2 Scenic 1.5 Dci prior to the Kadjar  . I never had to top up the oil in those . You say you had it serviced before you bought it , so it would seem that you are using more oil than you should or the dealer didn't service it properly i.e. check the oil . 

I would have a word with the dealer , if I were you 

well when I was negotiating I said to the salesman, will you service it. It was a request that I am used to asking but then I thought but the car is only 6 months old and he also said himself that it wouldn't need a service. When I picked it up, he said that they had serviced it but in reality I didn't believe him. So I am going to monitor it and  see how it goes. It is clear to see that the car uses a lot of oil, especially if you had used a litre by 8,000 miles. It is very strange.

I would propose:

1. Drive it on longer distance and sometimes rev up toward the higher end - time-to-time 'pedal to the metal' - if you have stuck oil ring, it will help

2. Drain this oil and refill with proper quality fully synthetic one

I was at Renault Service last week for a change of engine oil and filter after 3000 km. This was my initiative and I used the Elf 900 SXR 5w40. I bought oil myself and the service did not complain, complimented it and considered it a very good move.