• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Activating SMS using IPhone 5

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've had my signature nav since 23rd December and loving it so far.

I'm at a loss how to activate the SMS feature. The manual doesn't give enough detail but refers you to a user manual which I'm guessing is the phone user manual.

Has anyone had any luck activating theirs and if yes, how do I go about it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

You should activate reminders in Bluetooth menu on iPhone. To activate Go to options of connection with R-link, press (I).

It'll activating SMS but sometimes it doesn't work for long time.

It's R-link system which even Renault can't get along..

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

I have the SMS function working on my iPhone 6s. A little spooky the first time it worked.

If you miss the pop up about the new text then you have to go searching for it in the menus. It would be handy if you could have a shortcut to it as one of the app panels on the R-Link

It does, when a text message comes through, a small icon appears at the top of the home screen alongside the phone icon. Just press on that to display your messages, you can't read them while driving but the Kadjar will read it to you!

Its worked. Got a couple of texts yesterday. Missed the alert but spotted the icon.

I'm sure the dealer mentioned you could also respond or send texts with this feature. Can't figure out how to though.

Hi guys need to forum with a cosmos blue s nav in Ireland, I have got sms activated but just get an icon beside phone signal. Does it make a noise or anything to tell you of a new msg

Despite doing all of the above ...... Incoming sms still don't come through to r-link :(

I'm in the same situation. I've unpaired the phone and set it back up again but still no success....maybe I should go see the dealer !