ICE - DAB Radio text.
5 5

42 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone have an issue with their DAB radio with regards to the stations list and DAB text (real-time information such as song titles, music type and news or traffic updates)

After starting the car the DAB station comes on but there is no radio text. If I look at the list of available stations, only the station playing is displayed. After about 10-15 mins the list of other stations is usually populated but not always.

The text info works on FM just not DAB.

Anyone had a same problem?

Thanks - Jimmy

I'm sensing from various postings on this forum that the DAB radio issues are location dependent.

I'm in Leicester and get rock solid DAB reception, with no delay on startup. I wonder if I were to move away from 1) a major conurbation and 2) the motorway network that I'd see a big difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy,

I have noticed an issue with the DAB and have reported it to the dealer, who agreed that there was an issue with the radio text. Although I get crystal clear DAB radio wherever I drive, I don't get radio text as I should. I even tried it in the demonstrator and had the same problem, station name but no song info. I did try another car in the showroom (not Kadjar) which only had R-LINK and the radio text worked perfect. I found that I could make the radio text appear by doing the following. Select radio on the home screen and press the bottom right menu and select update list. A message will appear at the top when complete, then toggle between stations and the song text will appear! But the next time you listen to the radio, you'll have to go through the process again if you want it to work. The dealer thought it might be corrected in a software update.

Jimmy,

I have noticed an issue with the DAB and have reported it to the dealer, who agreed that there was an issue with the radio text. Although I get crystal clear DAB radio wherever I drive, I don't get radio text as I should. I even tried it in the demonstrator and had the same problem, station name but no song info. I did try another car in the showroom (not Kadjar) which only had R-LINK and the radio text worked perfect. I found that I could make the radio text appear by doing the following. Select radio on the home screen and press the bottom right menu and select update list. A message will appear at the top when complete, then toggle between stations and the song text will appear! But the next time you listen to the radio, you'll have to go through the process again if you want it to work. The dealer thought it might be corrected in a software update.

Thanks for that, I'm sure it is an issue. I'll get on to the dealer. thanks again,

I live in Kilkenny ,Ireland which seems to be a poor signal area. I can get one station 2FM which broadcasts on DR as well but signal drops in and out. I'm not blaming the r-link for this. Hopefully I'll can get to Dublin soon where there is good signal to test it.

Jimmy,

I have exactly the same issue. Start the car and I have to go into settings and mess about to get the DAB to show any program info at all. Stop the car and then I have nothing but the station name the next time I start it back up.

I have also never had any travel alerts in the 2 months of having the car even though TA is showing on display.

I know I am not in a poor reception area as my DAB radio in house is great and also my previous car showed all program info and gave out travel alerts every morning. So what is the issue here with Renault ? Should I report this to my dealer ?  As said, the DAB reception is crystal clear !

Same issue here in Bavaria - perfect digital sound but no song title - nothing. Tried all the settings, turn them on and off, but to no success. Even resetting the RLINK by pressing the on/off button for some seconds did not do it. I have the newest RLINK software (803), so an update should not be the solution. And BTW - sometimes the RLINK refuses to start at all, gives me a black screen for about 30 min, then comes back to life again, all settings still in place. Piece of crap... but the car itself is fine, fun to drive...

A mate from the German Kadjar forum wrote that first choosing a station via touch screen, afterwards going to the home screen with the navi and the radio and then changing the station with the little wheel behind the steering wheel gives him the song titles - at least unti he switches off the car.  Was confirmed by another forum user. Did not work for me - but just wanted to let you know... might work in your car/configuration.

Spoke to my dealer about this yesterday, apparently Renault are aware of this fault and are working on a fix

They've known about it for nearly a year .. not exactly in a rush are they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, 1964 said:

They've known about it for nearly a year .. not exactly in a rush are they emoji848.png

More than a year ,if you include Europe . I posted a reply on my TomTom Traffic subscription thread . To save you looking I believe they either don't have the will or the ability to provide the fixes . One of those must be true 

Have seen this on mine too. Although I just fiddled with stuff and it appeared so maybe I did the same as above. 😊. Sometimes it just takes a while other times it is instant. Renault really don't 'get' Android do they? Weakest (R)link in an otherwise great car. 

41 minutes ago, coldewol said:

Have seen this on mine too. Although I just fiddled with stuff and it appeared so maybe I did the same as above. 😊. Sometimes it just takes a while other times it is instant. Renault really don't 'get' Android do they? Weakest (R)link in an otherwise great car. 

I believe I said similar on my early review . A great car let down by R Link . Almost a year has passed and they still haven't got a grip on it :huh:

Here's the solution for all of you: since I have a 20cm crack in my windshield the DAB radio text aka song title and so on appears on the screen. So - just smack your windshield and the song title is there!

P.S.: juts worked for a day, now the DAB radio text is gone again...

20161104_135811-sm.jpg

20161104_140057-sm.jpg

20161107_095751-sm.jpg

Yes I have the same problem it's so frustrating to have to update the list each time i switch off the car and then restart it. Also on our Toyota Auras you can pours and rewind the the Dab. When I told the people in the Renault dealership they laughed and said know one can do that and made me feel a real plonker. But it just goes to show how bad their training is.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is a shame it is a bit hit and miss! Does anyone know if you can scroll through the radio stations without using the touch screen?

Scroll wheel on the back of steering wheel control stalk.
464eeb8123d2a1038b6a6929e7af317a.jpg

Hi all I'm getting really annoyed with the radio in my new kadjar in and out no signal text showing all the time to be fair I'm finding the whole kadjar experience very poor any help with the radio would be much appreciated