Tyre Wrench & Jack on Bose Edition
7 7

140 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

I just picked up a 16 plate Kadjar Bose Edition. Love it so far. 

Would a space saver from the next model down also work? Dynamic Nav or whatever it’s called? Has anyone tried?

Have seen some on eBay and am just thinking if it’s an easier option. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142540464794

I haven’t seen anyone mention it on here. 

Cheers

Balu

HI.   No     for a good fit you need a 17" space saver Bose is in hole in boot search this site spare wheel done ages ago .Mark one koleos defo fits diesel not 2.5 petrol   Good luck.   🙃😀

JC. 😎🥃

Would 135/80/R17 tyre be ok?

Am looking at one on eBay and that is what is fitted. It is a 17inch space saver straight out of a Qashqai

NISSAN QASHQAI / RENAULT KADJAR space saver 17" SPARE WHEEL 135/80/R17 GENUINE

TYRE SIZE 135 / 80 /  D17
TYRE PRODUCTION DATE : no older than 2016
PCD : 5 X 114,3
CENTER BORE : 66,1
DIMENSIONS : 65 CM X 15 CM APPROX

I have a Bose Edition (19" wheels) and don't worry about a spare wheel or jack being lost due to the brilliant sub-woofer.  I have Renault Rescue (ie RAC) free for the first 4 years, then I'll pay for RAC.  So relax and don't worry.  After all, do you really fancy DIY on a wet cold day?;)

As above its an easy fix to get a 17 inch spacesaver and jack in the boot floor with the subwoofer inside. Having a space saver on board means you can continue your journey as planned.That means a lot to me if it the journey was part of a holiday for example. Then get the tyre  either fixed or replaced ( if it sidewall punctured or damaged) at your leisure and shop around for best prices, black circles for example. 

Yes get the RAC to change the wheel for you as that's a safer option all round ; done that a few times.

2 hours ago, RTFishall said:

I have a Bose Edition (19" wheels) and don't worry about a spare wheel or jack being lost due to the brilliant sub-woofer.  I have Renault Rescue (ie RAC) free for the first 4 years, then I'll pay for RAC.  So relax and don't worry.  After all, do you really fancy DIY on a wet cold day?;)

1 hour ago, MD99 said:

Yes get the RAC to change the wheel for you as that's a safer option all round ; done that a few times.

It all depends how long you have to wait for the breakdown truck, when I could have the wheel changed and be on my way in about 10 minutes with a spare wheel and jack.

10 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

It all depends how long you have to wait for the breakdown truck, when I could have the wheel changed and be on my way in about 10 minutes with a spare wheel and jack.

Yes your right, all covered in dirt and possibly soaking wet.   ;)

6 hours ago, RTFishall said:

Yes your right, all covered in dirt and possibly soaking wet.   ;)

Or just maybe some of us like to be less dependant on the rescue services and help ourselves with a little forethought??

We bought a full size spare as an option with the GTline Clio, so have both options as the pump/glue kit was still supplied.

Picture this, stuck in the middle of nowhere, possibly off road in which case the RAC etc won't atend, listening to superb stereo, which I can assure you the Bose system isn't, or having the wherewithal to fix it or get help to fix it yourself

17 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Or just maybe some of us like to be less dependant on the rescue services and help ourselves with a little forethought??

We bought a full size spare as an option with the GTline Clio, so have both options as the pump/glue kit was still supplied.

Picture this, stuck in the middle of nowhere, possibly off road in which case the RAC etc won't atend, listening to superb stereo, which I can assure you the Bose system isn't, or having the wherewithal to fix it or get help to fix it yourself

Oh dear have I hit a nerve?  :lol:

6 minutes ago, RTFishall said:

Oh dear have I hit a nerve?  :lol:

Simply because I've been caught out before. Off fishing about a mile down a rutted farm track, not a public highway, sharp flint cut a tyre, RAC said they won't go further than the farmyard.

Not nerves just a modicum of practicality and independence. 

13 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Simply because I've been caught out before. Off fishing about a mile down a rutted farm track, not a public highway, sharp flint cut a tyre, RAC said they won't go further than the farmyard.

Not nerves just a modicum of practicality and independence. 

I'm not likely to go off-roading on the M25 and my catching fish doesn't go further than Sainsburys :).  All the best