• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Tyre Wrench & Jack on Bose Edition
7 7

129 posts in this topic

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, 1898 said:

This is how the second hand jack and a 16" mini spare from a scrapped Qashqai look like when placed in my Kadjar with the Bose subwoofer:

Spare_1.jpg

Spare_2.jpg

The fastening rod was too short, so I made a longer one from a M8 threaded rod, a large washer and a M8 wing nut.

Spare_3.jpg

The lower mat eventually formed itself after the elevated subwoofer.

Spare_4.jpg

There are still room for small things here, especially at the rear sides:

Spare_5.jpg

Both upper shelves remain in the correct position.

Spare_6.jpg

And finally the optional rubber mat on top.

Spare_7.jpg

Many thanks for the tip and pictures re spacesaver in Bose edition.  Had my Signature Nav for a month. Got brand new spacesaver for £125 on e-bay £9 for m8 rod, wing nuts and washers at Wickes, already had a jack and extending wheel brace. Better than the £417 Renault wanted for the kit. Done and dusted!!  Didn't fancy touring Ireland in May with a tin of goo!

Ive got a Signature Nav on order for 24th March. I came from a mazda 3 sport which also had a simular bose system

The sub on my mazda slotted into the space saver spare wheel perfectly and then bolted down.

Not sure if this is an alternate option to source a space saver from?

Also my car has the 19" alloys, does it matter if the space saver is only a 17"?

Ive got a Signature Nav on order for 24th March. I came from a mazda 3 sport which also had a simular bose system
The sub on my mazda slotted into the space saver spare wheel perfectly and then bolted down.
Not sure if this is an alternate option to source a space saver from?
Also my car has the 19" alloys, does it matter if the space saver is only a 17"?

The space saver rim from the Mazda would have to have the same PCD (pitch circle diameter) and centre bore. Wheels are not interchangeable willy nilly.
The smaller rim size of a space saver is made up with a higher walled tyre so it gets close to the overall height.I believe a 10% variance is acceptable (your only using it for an emergency)
Here's a list of cars that are the same spec as the Kadjar and can be donor vehicles.

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Renault/Kadjar%20(2015%20-%20).html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI  Anyone looking for a space saver spare for nav bose try e-bay search KOLEOS   ( RENAULT )  space saver spare saw one last night this fits perfect  bose inside it level and flat  and is perfect for the job 17" space saver from 2.0 diesel 2 or 4 wheel drive  :rolleyes:  fitted one in ours in April 2016 

J.C. 

UPDATE search " KOLEOS SPARE WHEEL "  AND NOT SPACE SAVER SPARE  THAT WILL NOT WORK ??;)

On 02/01/2016 at 0:10 PM, ulfire said:

Good thinking ...shims are sort of spacers they have to fit on the wheel nuts so that the wheel sits properly  . I know when they fitted them on mine , the car immediately sensed something was wrong with the wheel and gave me a warning message immediately . It cleared after a couple of miles but , if the wrong one was fitted ,I should imagine it may stay on permanently  . Giving the nature of electronic car management it may even shut down the car...may do ,though I don't know . I think the after sale spare wheel kit is about £200 .

I was quoted £336 by my local dealer

On 3/10/2017 at 9:40 AM, 1964 said:

The space saver rim from the Mazda would have to have the same PCD (pitch circle diameter) and centre bore. Wheels are not interchangeable willy nilly.
The smaller rim size of a space saver is made up with a higher walled tyre so it gets close to the overall height.I believe a 10% variance is acceptable (your only using it for an emergency)
Here's a list of cars that are the same spec as the Kadjar and can be donor vehicles.

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Renault/Kadjar%20(2015%20-%20).html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early Mazda 6, Toyota Supra and many others had the same PCD (5 x 114.3). I have a couple of space savers in the shed that I will have to try. 

Hi All,

bought this last year from Oponeo.co.uk

Alcar KFZ 7856 6,50JJx16 Quantity: 1 x 42 GBP . Had a tyre fitted locally for £60.00. the wheel rim allows a tyre width of 215.
Amost the same width as my 19" alloy (225).

Hole PCD of the wheel and the offset match the car exactly.

The Bose amp drops inside the rim but I have lost some of the under floor storage in the boot.

I saw this wheel rim with tyre advertised on ebay for about £80.00 more than what I paid for both rim and tyre.

Hey everybody,

I just picked up a 16 plate Kadjar Bose Edition. Love it so far. 

Would a space saver from the next model down also work? Dynamic Nav or whatever it’s called? Has anyone tried?

Have seen some on eBay and am just thinking if it’s an easier option. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142540464794

I haven’t seen anyone mention it on here. 

Cheers

Balu

HI.   No     for a good fit you need a 17" space saver Bose is in hole in boot search this site spare wheel done ages ago .Mark one koleos defo fits diesel not 2.5 petrol   Good luck.   🙃😀

JC. 😎🥃

Would 135/80/R17 tyre be ok?

Am looking at one on eBay and that is what is fitted. It is a 17inch space saver straight out of a Qashqai

NISSAN QASHQAI / RENAULT KADJAR space saver 17" SPARE WHEEL 135/80/R17 GENUINE

TYRE SIZE 135 / 80 /  D17
TYRE PRODUCTION DATE : no older than 2016
PCD : 5 X 114,3
CENTER BORE : 66,1
DIMENSIONS : 65 CM X 15 CM APPROX

I have a Bose Edition (19" wheels) and don't worry about a spare wheel or jack being lost due to the brilliant sub-woofer.  I have Renault Rescue (ie RAC) free for the first 4 years, then I'll pay for RAC.  So relax and don't worry.  After all, do you really fancy DIY on a wet cold day?;)

As above its an easy fix to get a 17 inch spacesaver and jack in the boot floor with the subwoofer inside. Having a space saver on board means you can continue your journey as planned.That means a lot to me if it the journey was part of a holiday for example. Then get the tyre  either fixed or replaced ( if it sidewall punctured or damaged) at your leisure and shop around for best prices, black circles for example. 

Yes get the RAC to change the wheel for you as that's a safer option all round ; done that a few times.

2 hours ago, RTFishall said:

I have a Bose Edition (19" wheels) and don't worry about a spare wheel or jack being lost due to the brilliant sub-woofer.  I have Renault Rescue (ie RAC) free for the first 4 years, then I'll pay for RAC.  So relax and don't worry.  After all, do you really fancy DIY on a wet cold day?;)

1 hour ago, MD99 said:

Yes get the RAC to change the wheel for you as that's a safer option all round ; done that a few times.

It all depends how long you have to wait for the breakdown truck, when I could have the wheel changed and be on my way in about 10 minutes with a spare wheel and jack.

10 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

It all depends how long you have to wait for the breakdown truck, when I could have the wheel changed and be on my way in about 10 minutes with a spare wheel and jack.

Yes your right, all covered in dirt and possibly soaking wet.   ;)

6 hours ago, RTFishall said:

Yes your right, all covered in dirt and possibly soaking wet.   ;)

Or just maybe some of us like to be less dependant on the rescue services and help ourselves with a little forethought??

We bought a full size spare as an option with the GTline Clio, so have both options as the pump/glue kit was still supplied.

Picture this, stuck in the middle of nowhere, possibly off road in which case the RAC etc won't atend, listening to superb stereo, which I can assure you the Bose system isn't, or having the wherewithal to fix it or get help to fix it yourself