Tyre Wrench & Jack on Bose Edition
7 7

140 posts in this topic

Does the offset make any difference? As kadjar is 40 and Nissan 30?

Also where did you get your jack and wheel nuts? cheers

Can't answer the first bit about offset with any professional certainty.. You can buy a jack that's rated to lift the car from anywhere you fancy.. I'm using a bottle jack I used to use on an old van.As for nuts you should have had spares in a packet(along with your locking wheel nut key) in the boot of the car when you picked it up.These spare nuts are the ones that have come off the wheel when they put your locking nuts on at the import centre.You don't really need them as you can use the nuts that come off the wheel you are changing and use them to put the spare on.. Provided you have the right type of space saver to fit the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't answer the first bit about offset with any professional certainty.. You can buy a jack that's rated to lift the car from anywhere you fancy.. I'm using a bottle jack I used to use on an old van.As for nuts you should have had spares in a packet(along with your locking wheel nut key) in the boot of the car when you picked it up.These spare nuts are the ones that have come off the wheel when they put your locking nuts on at the import centre.You don't really need them as you can use the nuts that come off the wheel you are changing and use them to put the spare on.. Provided you have the right type of space saver to fit the car.

Sorry about the wheel nuts question, obviously didn't put my brain in gear lol. so is the same as yours? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-T155-80-R17-GENUINE-/272329629037?hash=item3f681c5d6d:g:buUAAOSwnQhXohqJ And do you reckon it will be a spare for a 19"? thanks again

Sorry about the wheel nuts question, obviously didn't put my brain in gear lol. so is the same as yours? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Space-Saver-Spare-Wheel-T155-80-R17-GENUINE-/272329629037?hash=item3f681c5d6d:g:buUAAOSwnQhXohqJ And do you reckon it will be a spare for a 19"? thanks again

Ballantine has the 350Z spare,I have a Koleos one.

And they both feel and handle ok when driving?

I did a test fitting and drove round the block and was satisfied everything was OK .. At the end of the day it's for use in emergencies only and a limp to the tyre shop... I just personally hate the foam gunk and it's just not suitable for all types of punctures.It was all a bit more hassle than usual as part of the objective was to find something that the subwoofer would drop in to without loosing too much boot space.

This was quote from dealer for space saver kit

Hi, Was this specifically ordered for a Kadjar?

I'm still dealing with Renault over the size of the spare.

If it is then would you have any objections to me sending the a copy to show it can be ordered?

Your on the right track .. Just go for a 2 ton version of the same thing.

Looking again, there doesn't seem to be a fixed point on the jack that fits into the underneath of the car. I would have thought this could be unsafe

Looking again, there doesn't seem to be a fixed point on the jack that fits into the underneath of the car. I would have thought this could be unsafe

The groove in the the top of the jack fits on to the seam where the jacking points are.The picture shows the KJ rear jacking point as an example 4e392c9e0acb8e8bd377e5a4c562ab40.jpg

So when you jack it up it will look something like this for example just to give you the idea.f75b0dd010b77464ecbb47f5539fae2d.jpg

Hi, Was this specifically ordered for a Kadjar?

I'm still dealing with Renault over the size of the spare.

If it is then would you have any objections to me sending the a copy to show it can be ordered?

Yes this was from the dealer

I dont like the idea of only having a can of squirty in the boot either. Every time I have had a puncture it has never worked. Would rather just do what you suggested. I haven't got the bose problem to overcome and will more likely just fit a 16 and a decent jack in the well. Is it a case of just dropping it in on a no bose version?

I dont like the idea of only having a can of squirty in the boot either. Every time I have had a puncture it has never worked. Would rather just do what you suggested. I haven't got the bose problem to overcome and will more likely just fit a 16 and a decent jack in the well. Is it a case of just dropping it in on a no bose version?

Yes

Probably a styrofoam insert you will need to take out first though.

Thanks to everyone that helped with advice. Took the wheel into a local Just Tyres who had ordered the tyre for me. They checked the wheel on the front of the car and everything fitted properly, double checked the tyre size for me too and fitted the tyre onto the wheel (£69 not £65).

Got home and the speaker fits beautifully into the wheel, I did need to adjust the polystyrene, where the jack sits, with a stanley knife. I actually think the general sound is better now than before. Chuffed!!!

On 4/16/2016 at 8:56 PM, 1898 said:

I saw someone with a Qashqai claim that the Bose subwoofer indeed did fit inside the mini spare wheel.

I tried it last weekend. The Bose Sub DOES NOT fit in the space saver wheel.

I tried it last weekend. The Bose Sub DOES NOT fit in the space saver wheel.

Have you read the whole thread? It sits proud in a 16" ..See 1898,s pictures.If your not bothered about losing a bit of space it's doable.. the ideal solution is a 17"