Tyre Wrench & Jack on Bose Edition
7 7

140 posts in this topic

Koleos 17" space saver wheel results.

As it looked before

32903fb69989078d08f0f6f302a407bd.jpg

As it looks in the well. The subwoofer fits in perfectly and no need for an extension bolt to secure it down.Result!

cf63c75d9ae46e9ca0403d8aa2437a39.jpg

Just to check it fits on the hub ok? The centre bore is exactly right and the scooped design means it doesn't interfere with the brake callipers(so no need for shims).The original KJ nuts all sit properly.Even took it for a spin round the block to satisfy myself.

26f0a6b3dec64115a28d053c1a4f309b.jpg

The sub woofer doesn't sit any noticeably prouder than it did before .So you still have that space in the lower compartment for all your bits and pieces.

.f39c7ea3a3bd086cf2c1f1548a81efd9.jpg

Everything back in,and my rubberised boot liner with lip in place.Also scored off eBay.

3377c3d69463cb9f2dc7e8ba80813901.jpg

Just one note of caution if your going to use the provided wheel brace.Put some tape round it otherwise it scratches hell out of whatever coating they use on the alloys by the nuts.Better still you can get plastic coated wheel nut sockets and an extender bar.(as in the picture)...If like me you find a standard wheel brace doesn't provide enough leverage on an over tightened nut.

b06c93e24727387a146fe78a6568b196.jpg

Total cost £80 delivered (second hand with a new tyre on it)

A big thanks to Ballantine, for doing the research on compatible bore sizes etc.

I believe the QQ+2 had a 17" space saver so you might find one of those floating about if your lucky.

Oh ,and I could hear no discernible difference in the acoustics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the size of that Koleos spare tyre?

Just fitted 155/80R17 sized space saver spare wheel in with the subwoofer and it's a perfect fit! Just as much space in the lower compartment as without a spare wheel. I'm glad I'm having the spare wheel now without losing any storage space or the subwoofer. Stupid that the spare wheel isn't officially available with Bose system even though it's a perfect fit.

Its difficult to say Andrew..you need to get the full specs of the steel rim and check that the PCD (location of the wheel bolt holes) and the large centre bore hole are exactly the same otherwise it won't fit the KJ.

Its difficult to say Andrew..you need to get the full specs of the steel rim and check that the PCD (location of the wheel bolt holes) and the large centre bore hole are exactly the same otherwise it won't fit the KJ.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Well just have to keep hunting for a 17 koleos.

After researching the overall wheel and tyre diameter and circumference which fell within the accepted standards  I took the plunge and bought a brand new QQ+2 17 inch rim part ref 40300EY40A from ebay and a 135/90 R17 Hankook tyre from Blackcircle using their fitting service. when fitted to the vehicle it fits and runs without any problem, also the wheel and subwoofer fits neatly in the wheel well,overall cost approx £108. Why Renault do not provide this option is anyone's quess

In Chinas' Kadjar this is standard equipment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you say that in China there is a Kadjar version with Bose subwoofer and a 17" compact spare wheel together as standard equipment?

Great thread but as an easily confused person can I ask for more help. I have 19" wheels on my Bose edition motor. So I can put the rear speaker into the spare and for it to be suitable as a spare. What is my best option, please?

Although space savers have a smaller hub eg 16,17" they have deeper tyres to make them more or less the same overall circumference as your 19" alloy set up. If you got a full size 19" as a spare you would lose lots of boot space because of its width.As you can see from the thread a 16" space saver(skinny) makes the sub sit a bit proud and eats into the under floor boot space a little bit.The best option imo is a 17" space saver as the sub sits in it flush and you lose no boot space but compatible ones are hard to come by.

I have Nissan 350Z 17" spare wheel with 155/80 tyre on it and it's a perfect fit.

Does the offset make any difference? As kadjar is 40 and Nissan 30?

Also where did you get your jack and wheel nuts? cheers