Tyre Wrench & Jack on Bose Edition
7 7

140 posts in this topic

Guys, I was wondering whether any of you who have the Bose Edition Kadjar, also have the jack and tyre wrench? I know the spare tyre well is used by the subwoofer, and I have the pump and the latex repair, but nothing else.

There are a couple of slots there which I assume could take the wrench and maybe the jack. Does anyone have anything in those slots before I go complaining to the dealer?

Cheers & Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Jack and Tyre Wrench come with the spare wheel ,which isn't an option on the Signature . That's why I opted for the S Nav with spare wheel . Renault would probably reason that you have no need for the jack and wrench with the inflation kit  . I've got a feeling that you can complain to the dealer until you're blue in the face

This is an interesting subject. I got my Sig Nav on Thursday and pt ex'd a 2012 Qashqai. Thought I would strip the car for parts to sell before I handed it in inc mats, boot mat, spare wheel, jack, wrench etc

When I went to check out the Bose Sub in the Kadjar, I saw lots of gaps where the jack etc should be. I thought I would see if the jack fitted as the Kadjar and Qashqai have close links and it did. It fitted perfectly in the slot provided.

Now this is the interesting bit and would recommend you double check................... I went to put the wrench in its slot which is on the lefthand side towards the back seats of the car. It didnt look like there was anything there, but when I put the the Qashqai one in there I heard a metal noise. I then saw that the wrench was actually there but as it was black I could not really see it.

Let me know if anyone finds the same. I might just be lucky!!!

On another note, I think the Qashqai spare wheel might work on the Kadjar as well. I am just going to do some further research on this, but any thoughts and comments would be useful.

Size is 145 / 90 / R16 

post-163-0-34856200-1451692742_thumb.jpg

post-163-0-38521200-1451692753_thumb.jpg

On a cautionary note  when I had a blowout  in my Scenic with no spare , the RAC fitted the wheel that he carried , but it also required shims so that it could be fitted safely . So I would be very wary of just fitting any old wheel to the Kadjar ...seek professional advice first

Thanks Ulfire. I won't be doing anything with it until I can get full confirmation it can be used. Trying t get info on the spacesaver for the Kadjar as well have a few people looking into it for me.

BTW what is "shims"?

Thanks Ulfire. I won't be doing anything with it until I can get full confirmation it can be used. Trying t get info on the spacesaver for the Kadjar as well have a few people looking into it for me.

BTW what is "shims"?

Good thinking ...shims are sort of spacers they have to fit on the wheel nuts so that the wheel sits properly  . I know when they fitted them on mine , the car immediately sensed something was wrong with the wheel and gave me a warning message immediately . It cleared after a couple of miles but , if the wrong one was fitted ,I should imagine it may stay on permanently  . Giving the nature of electronic car management it may even shut down the car...may do ,though I don't know . I think the after sale spare wheel kit is about £200 .

I saw someone with a Qashqai claim that the Bose subwoofer indeed did fit inside the mini spare wheel.

It depends what the mini spare wheel's rim's diameter is. I have done some research this weekend, and found out that subwoofer diameter is about 42 cm (16,5 inch). And spare wheel's space diameter is about 69 cm (27,2 inch). You so can easily fit spare tyre which diameter is max. 69cm (27,2 inch) and rim inside diameter max 42cm (16,5 inch) and Bose-subwoofer should fit inside the spare wheel rim. Then you have to put inflation kit somewhere else but who needs it if you have spare wheel :)

I'm thinking of buying a suitable spare wheel I'll be sure that subwoofer will fit in it.

I have now purchased a second hand Qashqai jack and a Qashqai 16" mini spare wheel, and can tell you that they fit together with the subwoofer, sort of.

However the subwoofer does not go all way down into the spare wheel, it protrudes a bit above the spare wheel.

Maybe it would fit better in a 17" steel wheel? It seems to exist 17" mini spare wheels for Qashqai also.

What size does the optional spare wheel for a Kadjar without a Bose sub have?

Anyway, the lower floor mat rides on top of the subwoofer, but there are still some space for small things left below the two upper floor boards, that remain at the correct height.

Also a full size wheel would use up all the space between the lower mat and the upper floor boards of the luggage compartment.

Tried yesterday to fit Bose subwoofer inside 19 inch Kadjar wheel, yes it did fit but the wheel itself was too deep for the mat to go flat, maybe a narrow space saver could be the answer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Original space saver spare wheel is 145/90R16 and its diameter is 667.4mm (26,3"). If subwoofer doesn't fully fit in 16" wheel someone could try if it's fits better in 17". 145/80R17 diameter would be about same as original 16" space saver (663,8mm, 26,1").

Tried yesterday to fit Bose subwoofer inside 19 inch Kadjar wheel, yes it did fit but the wheel itself was too deep for the mat to go flat, maybe a narrow space saver could be the answer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Well done. Was thinking of going down that route.Depends if your bothered about that space between the mat and the removable shelves right?.. Did the shelves sit on top ok? .. Also did you try the sound system with the subwoofer sitting in the rim ...?did it mess with the acoustics much?