• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Sat Nav towns and road names missing
4 4

18 posts in this topic

Hi, 

ive just had my first long(ish) journey in my Kadjar, from Aberdeen to St Andrews so tried out the sat nav properly for the first time. Found that St Andrews doesn't exist on it???!!! Bizarre! Yet, the tiny village we stayed in, appeared on the list!

Also, is there a way of having the sat nav display a live map showing the road / street names as you drive? I'm sure my old plug in  tomtom gave that information. As it is, you drive along and have no idea which road you are on so had to rely on road signs for B road identification which is surely not the point!

Two of us have discovered the following after contacting Renault:

There is a new firmware update due next month, and after that a new map update will be issued. Notification will be received on the device within the vehicle when this is available. This came direct from Renault Connected Services.

Perhaps after these update we will have a system that works properly??

Two of us have discovered the following after contacting Renault:
There is a new firmware update due next month, and after that a new map update will be issued. Notification will be received on the device within the vehicle when this is available. This came direct from Renault Connected Services.
Perhaps after these update we will have a system that works properly??

They better had ... 18 months to iron out the bugs is more than enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, 

ive just had my first long(ish) journey in my Kadjar, from Aberdeen to St Andrews so tried out the sat nav properly for the first time. Found that St Andrews doesn't exist on it???!!! Bizarre! Yet, the tiny village we stayed in, appeared on the list!

Also, is there a way of having the sat nav display a live map showing the road / street names as you drive? I'm sure my old plug in  tomtom gave that information. As it is, you drive along and have no idea which road you are on so had to rely on road signs for B road identification which is surely not the point!

You have to have a destination active on the sat nav to show minor road names.

What I don't understand is why some owners say they have no problems with the SatNav ???
P.S. It's nice to see a post from a genuine member ...the spammers are back :blink:

I think a lot of people will work around the quirks of the Renault way of life & some of us (me included) don't/can't accept that it's not as good as other systems.

Rob

May be something in that , Rob . Personally  if I'm sold anything that's not as described by the seller I'm not prepared to work around it  . 

I'm exactly the same, we went with the Kadjar as it's supposed to be better than the qashqai but just in the sat nav & audio it's a massive step backwards.

But Renault have said that an update it coming so fingers crossed that will sort out many of the issues........... if it ever actually arrives

Rob

I think I have sorted this problem out finaly.

you have to think in French.... not English then translate French

So today I put on my Beret and stripy shirt, lit a Gauloises ciggy and approached the R link with that Je ne me fous pas attitude then i had my apiffiny. 

i enterd in a town near the place where i might be attending and it found it, remarcabule even options to eat in a nice wine bar on route, no estimated time but who cares. 

took off the hat and screen went blank,....... i just think its the French they hate being foreign they always have and they hate us. I have come to this conclusion by reviewing all the rlink sat nav items on the forum, there is not one complaint from a French bloke. 

I now will await with anticipation another firmware upgrade to cause more problems. 

can-stock-photo_csp21107032.jpg

3 hours ago, shedder101 said:

I think I have sorted this problem out finaly.

you have to think in French.... not English then translate French

So today I put on my Beret and stripy shirt, lit a Gauloises ciggy and approached the R link with that Je ne me fous pas attitude then i had my apiffiny. 

i enterd in a town near the place where i might be attending and it found it, remarcabule even options to eat in a nice wine bar on route, no estimated time but who cares. 

took off the hat and screen went blank,....... i just think its the French they hate being foreign they always have and they hate us. I have come to this conclusion by reviewing all the rlink sat nav items on the forum, there is not one complaint from a French bloke. 

I now will await with anticipation another firmware upgrade to cause more problems. 

can-stock-photo_csp21107032.jpg

lol!!!

On 20/04/2017 at 9:42 AM, 1964 said:

You have to have a destination active on the sat nav to show minor road names.

Ive Just discovered a way of displaying the name of the road you are driving on without having to have a destination set. If you go into the full nav screen, and tap on the bottom right menu icon, select Where am I? and voila, it gives you your road name as you drive and your co-ordinates should you require them!