• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

DAB signal problems
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Anyone have an issue with DAB Radio loosing signal and taking an age to play again? My wifes car is fine on the channels we listen to all around the area but my Kadjar's just looses signal and takes a minute or two to start playing again. I also notice there is no auto retune to follow signal strength. Again, my wifes has this option and it never looses signal. Is it my headunit / aerial or is this just a poor DAB receiver?

Interesting. Might have to give the dealership a ring and find out if this will be the norm as I was looking forward to having DAB in "My" car. As I say, my wife's Vauxhall has no problems at all with DAB. I had an Add-on unit in my last car which again had no problems but that was a fitted unit and as the Kadjar had it already I didn't remove it.

Just a thought after speaking to owners of other makes of car who say they have never had problem I noticed they all had shark fin type aerial

, so could this be the cause? That Renault have fitted the wrong type of aerial.

What's your thoughts? Has anyone asked Renault about this?

Apparently a software update fixes this issue ...apparently . Can't give any more than that as they updated mine yesterday and screwed up my R LInk .As far as asking Renault goes ....you may as well ask the three brass monkeys on the mantle piece for all the answers you get from them 

Once again I have to write, not only do I have DAB signal problems to add to the stop start not working I now have a problem with my radio-media sound e.g. The sound only comes out of right hand side speakers. I have made sure that the balance is in the right place. ( centre) If I put the balance all on the left the sound is very faint! Same front or rear. And to make it worse I paid the extra to get the sig-nav with Bose. I think yet another phone call to wast time talking to Renault uk, who in my experience are useless not interested and not fit for purpose, as all they will do is fob me of with dribble again as they did with Kadjar no.1

If Renault were to say that they were having problems and that they were working on them, I think most customers would be relatively content . It's this bloody wall of silence and bulls**t they come out with I can't take . Luckily my Swansea Kadjar is relatively trouble free .....until they updated my R Link  <_<

My previous car, Mini Countryman, used to get frequent dropouts on DAB radio at consistent places where I live. So far, 3 days in, DAB reception has been excellent, definitely no problems with the aerial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Renault have obviously seen my many posts on various forums, Because they have contacted me over my comments such as the DAB signal issue. They're response, we have not hot any reports of this problem. ( honestly?). I think not, anyway they want the car into a dealership so as to look at problem. I'll let you know if and when I get a fix for DAB.

They are also concerned about my issue with the stop/start not working, mine is the only one they have heard about apparently!

If anyone else has these issues please tell customer services because they are unaware of any other Kadjars with similar faults.

Ye,don't believe that.

Update Kadjar no.2 gone in for Dab fix and other bits.

It's been a week and no joy, they said they are not happy to return my car due to technical problems. Don't know if they mean with Dab or with something else,(alarm- or stop/start issue.

Watch this space!

Yes I agree I have a person calling me each wk to update me on my cars progress from factory to dealer it's just a shame that I have to tell them what's going on and why my car has been delayed ect what will I get from them sweet f.a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk