• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Map update advice
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Here's a few pointers to update your maps , if they are available . I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but here it is anyway :) :-

Renault advise that the engine should be on and the engine running for the whole process which may take 35 minutes , it took about 20 in my case .You could do it sat in the car burning fuel  or you could do it , as I did , on a journey to work or anything that'll take 30 minutes or so

i. Deactivate stop /start

2. Choose your radio station or media that you want to play on your journey ( you can't leave the update screen whilst it's running )

3 Make sure you know where you're going ( maybe you can use Navigation whilst updating or maybe not , I don't know

4 Start your engine and make sure R Link 2 is on

5 Plug in the USB with the latest map and let it do it's thing once you've answered the update prompt . It should finish by the time you arrive at your destination

That's all folks

On 16/12/2015 at 9:41 PM, ulfire said:

Here's a few pointers to update your maps , if they are available . I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but here it is anyway :) :-

Renault advise that the engine should be on and the engine running for the whole process which may take 35 minutes , it took about 20 in my case .You could do it sat in the car burning fuel  or you could do it , as I did , on a journey to work or anything that'll take 30 minutes or so

i. Deactivate stop /start

2. Choose your radio station or media that you want to play on your journey ( you can't leave the update screen whilst it's running )

3 Make sure you know where you're going ( maybe you can use Navigation whilst updating or maybe not , I don't know

4 Start your engine and make sure R Link 2 is on

5 Plug in the USB with the latest map and let it do it's thing once you've answered the update prompt . It should finish by the time you arrive at your destination

That's all folks

Hi there I have done this as Ulfire suggests above mine when I start the engine then switch on 

the R link  ,,, then when I plug in the usb stick it says NO AUDIO FILES FOUND so I don't now

any help please appreciated ?????? 

Have you inserted the USB key into the car for a minute first before downloading the maps ? And is the key formatted to FAT32 ? If the R Link is looking for audio files it would suggest that there's "footprint" of your car the USB , hence it's looking for audio files .