• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Time for New Tyres
2 2

15 posts in this topic

The Conti Sport Contact 5 has been getting very poor reviews regarding wear almost since introduction - even worse than the Contact 3 that it replaced. Having read the tyre reviews before ordering, I did try to get the dealer to swap them when I was buying, but no luck.

I'll just run them till they're worn then find something decent.

I've been quoted £217 per tyres for Conti SportContact 5 so going for GT Radial Sport Active. At £118 each, worth a punt. I've not come across significant bad reviews , in fact customers seem to be saying they're good for up to 30k miles! The handling is not as good as a premium tyre in the wet but for standard motoring the reviews seem to indicate they're fine. Going to risk it!!

20 minutes ago, gingermoonman said:

Looking at getting two new front tyres, what is the best price people have been getting the current Continentals that on the car for? Is it worth going for a different make?

I picked a pair of Delinte tyres @ £ 80 a corner and I couldn't feel any difference in the handling of the car and they seemed to wear better than the Contis .  

My Kad was in the garage today with renault...only done 3500miles and after a health check was told my 2 front tyres are already 31% worn (down to 6mm). I was quite surprised at that! In fact, it's a bit of a pisstake. So based on that I'll be expecting to replace at around 10k miles

16 hours ago, @lex said:

My Kad was in the garage today with renault...only done 3500miles and after a health check was told my 2 front tyres are already 31% worn (down to 6mm). I was quite surprised at that! In fact, it's a bit of a pisstake. So based on that I'll be expecting to replace at around 10k miles

That pretty much tallies with the wear on mine , which were replaced on 9000 . At a push I may have made 10000 , but no more . So the conclusion is that either we are crap drivers or they are crap tyres ;)

Looking at getting two new front tyres, what is the best price people have been getting the current Continentals that on the car for? Is it worth going for a different make?

I put GT Radial Sports on a couple of weeks ago. Half the price of Continentals. No issues so far and online reviews are good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20k miles and still good for one season... honestly... at least 10k. I do 15k miles average per year, half on summer, half on winter tyres. Expected lifetime is 4 seasons or 30k...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk