• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Fuel gauge

7 posts in this topic

Ok so yesterday my handbrake wouldn't work and today I was thinking I must have used more fuel than that lol....the gauge was full but the computer says I've used 2.3 gallons and done 115.6 miles...... seams a bit weared also I'm doing a run to London tomorrow so I checked the oil today and had to top it up 1lr and I've only done 8251 miles could this be right ??? Any help would be great

Also it's a 1.5dci I think lol satnav but that's it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so yesterday my handbrake wouldn't work and today I was thinking I must have used more fuel than that lol....the gauge was full but the computer says I've used 2.3 gallons and done 115.6 miles...... seams a bit weared also I'm doing a run to London tomorrow so I checked the oil today and had to top it up 1lr and I've only done 8251 miles could this be right ??? Any help would be great
Also it's a 1.5dci I think lol satnav but that's it lol

We changed from a 3.7 v6 petrol Jeep Cherokee and at 18mpg and a 16 gallon tank you could see the fuel gauge moving quite easily. After going to the 1.5 dci my wife kept saying she thought the fuel gauge was broken as she had driven it 60 miles and it the fuel gauge was still on full!

-------------------
My last words won't be "I wish I'd spent more time cleaning the car"!

Signature Nav in Black.

Yes i think both things are quite normal. The mpg is excellent on this car and topping up the oil seems quite normal during the running in period. It seems to explain why a litre of oil is supplied with car. I have gone about 6000 miles and have recently topped up with just a little of the oil (about fifth of a litre). Am also getting about 58 - 60 mpg on a long run and about 53 going shorter distances. I have a 1.5 dci.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

May i suggest that you seem to be looking for problems that aren't there?. It seems each segment on the fuel gauge will extinguish about the 85 mile mark but this does not apply to when you refuel, this can be about 110 - 120 miles.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Ok cool thank you I was just thinking as all the times before it has been around 80/90 miles and it has dropped it just seams to be this time it dont seam to be moving at all it was just strange I'm not looking for a problem it don't bother me if it shows full but it's empty as i have brakedown cover I was just asking if this has happened to anyone else

I have the 1.5 dci and seem to use 1ltr of oil every 6.5 - 7k miles and my driving style gives me 55 - 56 mpg avg. I just ensure I have oil in the car in case I have forgotten to check and topup