• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

after market android multimedia -Conclusions
1 1

10 posts in this topic

i have 2016 kadjar and for the past long month i search for aftermarket multimedia with waze because i travel a lot. when i search over the internet and over shop in my country try israel there is a big misunderstanding. nobody know what fit, nobody know if this will work. so i search over the internet. in the beginning sites that sell the android say it won't work with car that have original multimedia. but in the past 2 month sites say it work and fit perfect. so i order 1 from aliexpress after i ask the seller and send him picture of my multimedia and they say its work perfect. its delivery and i remove the original screen and behind the screen have the main board and start to connect the plug, around 4 plug didn't fit and only the radio worked and the rear camera, can bus, and the radar didn't worked al all. so i return this back. 

after one week one shop in israel say have new model of android that will fit. so i go check, in the back its look different and not same i order from ali but when he connect, the plug not fit. 

so what i want to say, for now, i don't see any solution for that. 

its really depressing that i need to stay with such multimedia, 

Very depressing indeed to think we are stuck with the r-link and Renaults shocking indifference towards support for the life of the car. It seems to be the trend to have embedded systems so the next car I buy will get more than a cursory investigation of its suitability before I part with my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Kaidjar said:

@Buder: Android 4.4??? Then you can as well stay with the R-Link 2 :D

I would go for this one and add the DAB+ module:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10-1-Android-7-1-Auto-DVD-Stereo-Player-GPS-Glonass-Navigation-multimedia-f-r-Renault/32832494108.html

I love it! My only concern is if it compatible with Kadjar with R Link 2 or just with the one with radio?

That mainly depends if they (Renault) put in the complete wiring if you don't have the R-Link... in many cars it's cheaper to put the whole wiring inside instead of having 25 different wiring models on hold... if you don't have the R-Link 2 how abaout taking out the radio unit and have a look inside if there are 4-6 unused wirings?

Unfortunately I have R Link 2. On national Kadjar forum someone who installed an aftermarket nav told us that it's designed for radio version. He told us that the connectors are different. Even in the small video you posted above it's the same situation. 

Some functions like choosing the colour for the dials are controlled by R Link.