• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Would you buy Kadjar if you haven't buy any cars back then?
2 2

151 posts in this topic

The possibility of a scrap page scheme for older diesels was also mentioned so as I have an 8 year old golf tdi I'm keeping my eye on that one! ūü§ě

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

After all said and done, Stephen is absolutely right in what he has said, (but then with a name like Stephen he must be spot on!  lol).
Re-Your Primary objectives  1,2,3,5 tick all the boxes, and more. I have the 1.5 Diesel Auto. I never thought i would drive a diesel car, thinking exactly like you noise, but i was wrong.
4 is a bit hit and miss if you thinking about R-Link
interior and exterior are good.
My personal choice away from the Kadjar would have been the Santa Fe, something i wish i had gone for now.

Hi Steve O,

Maybe we are brothers! :)

There are some terrible typo errors in my previous msg. Sorry bout that!

Stephen

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

After all said and done, Stephen is absolutely right in what he has said, (but then with a name like Stephen he must be spot on!  lol).
Re-Your Primary objectives  1,2,3,5 tick all the boxes, and more. I have the 1.5 Diesel Auto. I never thought i would drive a diesel car, thinking exactly like you noise, but i was wrong.
4 is a bit hit and miss if you thinking about R-Link
interior and exterior are good.
My personal choice away from the Kadjar would have been the Santa Fe, something i wish i had gone for now.

Hi Steve O,

Maybe we are distant brothers! :)

There are some terrible typo errors in my previous msg. Sorry bout that!

Stephen

Hi again,

Yup, Got to test drive when I'm free!

Hmm, boot size i think should be fine according to my needs. My golf can store 2 Tern folding bicycles so i guess Kadjar should be sufficient for me.

I'm driving within a city so i guess i don't use infotainment system that much or short distance.

Bose edition would be a gift when my wife listens to classical.

I wouldn't want to use the built in navigation system, unless it is really user friendly and accurate. I'd prefer to have it separately so that i can transfer my save collections wherever I go or when i change another car. I am looking at a user friendly, accuracy, sharable collections, cost savings (no need data connection subsequently) and portability for navigation which are important to me. Travellers will understand but may not agree with me :)

I didn't realise the conversations here can be of an informed and interesting one with everyone.

I guess great minds think alike here for people who owns a Kadjar. We just want a bit of everything from a crossover/suv. Say that specific feature must at least be of 70% or 80% OK! I guess that isn't too much to ask for in this modern tech world :)

Stephen who haven't own a Kadjar yet

Hi again,

Yup, Got to test drive when I'm free!

Hmm, boot size i think should be fine according to my needs. My golf can store 2 Tern folding bicycles so i guess Kadjar should be sufficient for me.

I'm driving within a city so i guess i don't use infotainment system that much or short distance.

Bose edition would be a gift when my wife listens to classical.

I wouldn't want to use the built in navigation system, unless it is really user friendly and accurate. I'd prefer to have it separately so that i can transfer my save collections wherever I go or when i change another car. I am looking at a user friendly, accuracy, sharable collections, cost savings (no need data connection subsequently) and portability for navigation which are important to me. Travellers will understand but may not agree with me :)

I didn't realise the conversations here can be of an informed and interesting one with everyone.

I guess great minds think alike here for people who owns a Kadjar. We just want a bit of everything from a crossover/suv. Say that specific feature must at least be of 70% or 80% OK! I guess that isn't too much to ask for in this modern tech world :)

Stephen who haven't own a Kadjar yet

True , but I wouldn't put them past putting  extra tax on diesel fuel too 

Then everyone loses out because haulage companies will have to charge more so the knock on effect hits prices . So even non diesel drivers are affected. Or are commercial vehicles going to be exempt when they create the greatest pollution

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Andy47 said:

Then everyone loses out because haulage companies will have to charge more so the knock on effect hits prices . So even non diesel drivers are affected. Or are commercial vehicles going to be exempt when they create the greatest pollution

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't argue with that . Thing is the working person takes the hit for everything in any case . When there's money to raised where do the Treasury go first ? . Smokers , Motorists and the working man's pint . Modern diesels have lower CO emissions than ever , most of them honestly ;) , but NoX emissions are over the prescribed limit on most if not all diesels . That's one of the reasons I moved away from diesel .

And dearest Theresa promises to compensate drivers who lose out. Flying pig alert

That's the thing, if you are going to compensate the victims of a tax what's the point of the tax in the first place? Why is the only answer the government has to any problem is "tax it" ? Because it's never about a solution it's just another opportunity for revenue stream!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Yes
I would buy it again, I have a 1.5 dci SUV nav auto (my first auto)

19' wheels make the car, no ride difference for me unless you are 4x4ing, for me the 17s look to much black just like the first Qashqai's. Just don't attract kerbs, cars aren't meant to attack kerbs whatever size wheel tyre combination.
R link 2 Yes some problems but for me it's good when I use the nav it takes me to where I need to go, radio txt how often do you read the screen, you're meant to be looking where you're going.
Bose yes for sure,
If you enjoy music, it's loud enough and distortion free, some complain about the lack of the 80's tonal control but with high end audio it comes with minimal control as the sound, speakers and amp are engineered for your enjoyment.
Don't forget out of all the members on the forum, there are hundreds more out there without complaints, questions or the need to dismantle their pride and joy.

6800 miles I love driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Yes
I would buy it again, I have a 1.5 dci SUV nav auto (my first auto)

19' wheels make the car, no ride difference for me unless you are 4x4ing, for me the 17s look to much black just like the first Qashqai's. Just don't attract kerbs, cars aren't meant to attack kerbs whatever size wheel tyre combination.
R link 2 Yes some problems but for me it's good when I use the nav it takes me to where I need to go, radio txt how often do you read the screen, you're meant to be looking where you're going.
Bose yes for sure,
If you enjoy music, it's loud enough and distortion free, some complain about the lack of the 80's tonal control but with high end audio it comes with minimal control as the sound, speakers and amp are engineered for your enjoyment.
Don't forget out of all the members on the forum, there are hundreds more out there without complaints, questions or the need to dismantle their pride and joy.

6800 miles I love driving it.

Hear hear, well put Daren!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

19 hours ago, Pottery said:

Dear Stephen, you asked the worst possible question you could possibly ask on this forum. The Kadjar should have been called the Renault Marmite. You either love it or hate it. The Bose is a Bose, it will annoy neighbours without any distortion. The 19" wheels look great and I moved from 235/70/16s to them and they are just fine. The glass sunroof is nice but turns the car into a very efficient mobile dog cooker so extra caution for pet owners required and I am sure I don't have to point out the same to parents of small children. It says in the brochures that some of the leather was faux so people must have thought Renault were lying about that. I can say I have not experienced any of the problems stated here. R-Link would defo lose a chess game against Deep Blue (but then most of us would lose a chess game against R-Link) but I found it does what it's supposed to do. I like the 1.5 dci it's a smooth economical engine and coupled with the auto transmission is very pleasant to drive. I, obviously can't comment on the 1.2 petrol, 1.6 diesel or the manual transmission.
The only posts you should pay any attention to on your this forum are technical tips. All opinions are relative to the opinion holder and the only opinion that really matters is your own! Take one of your desired engine/transmission choices for a test drive and make your own decision. Whatever decision you make someone will tell you it was a bad one, ignore them.

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

Really have to agree here, the car has been great for me, I am a mobility customer and I looked at a lot of models before choosing. 

aAs with all new cars, they tend to build them and launch them the next day without fully testing them, we are the guinea pigs finding the problems the new series then get. 

R-Link well it's rubbish, but dont forget its chip and o/s came out of 2005 mobile phone. the sat nav software is in conflict with the device it just isn't powerful enough, add pulling bluetooth phone and media it just has to run home and cry sometimes. 

I don't take sat nav instructions from the car I have a perfectly good wife to tell me  cocked things up, why do i need another woman at me.  I use it as a Map, remember them, zoom out a bit and see what's ahead ,much more useful

The bonus with being on mobility it is trouble free motoring, the backup they give you is fantastic, no problems if it just stops, your given a hire car the same day. I had to reject my 3008 six months in, that bloody manual/automatic/ships gearbox was damaging my back, and they let me change it, so no problem owning this one just over 2 1/2 years to go. if your having problems with a dealer or the car isn't suitable contact mobility let them get it fixed they own it dont forget

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Love the car. Sweet engine and don't have any problems with RLink 2 apart from radio text missing.

I have been driving for over 40 years and this is the most comfortable, smooth and quietest car I have ever driven. Bearing in mind that I have driven over 50 different hire cars over the last eight years, that is some going.

6000 miles in and have not had a problem so would leave it a while before passing an opinion on reliability.

I have a Dynamique S Nav which has all the tools I need.

Just bear in mind that forums like this are mostly about problems rather than reviews.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

That statement is made up of bad logic!
It should read like this to be of any use:
"The Kadjar test car i drove can store 2 Tern folding bicycles so i guess Kadjar should be sufficient for me."
I suggest you bring those bikes with you to that test drive.

True true!

Hi Kadjar Owners,
I am looking out to buy a Crossover/SUV. I have been watching videos of this great looking Kadjar and its spacious interior design! I really like this design and its fuel consumption but I have not test drive it nor have anyone to share verbal experiences/reviews of this car with me. Therefore, I appeal to you.

1- Would you recommend buying this car (yes/no)?
2- Would you buy this car again if you haven't buy any cars back then (yes/no)?
3- Would you recommend Bose edition (yes/no)?
** feel free to provide explanations, feedbacks or add in more questions~

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply me

I certainly would we have the Bose edition ,it has some niggles some of which have been fixed but overall I would buy another I've had mine 16 months and I am quiet happy .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

1: Yes, i highly recommend it.
2: i looked at every possible car in every possible category before buying the Kadjar. Definitely my favourite so yes.
3: I have got the Signature Nav ("Bose Edition") so here is some opinions:

The wheels are too big. Swap them for 17" if you can. Saves fuels, tax and makes for a more comfortable ride.

The leather trim isn't leather. It's PU, fake leather. It's nice enough but not the real deal. That said, i love the design of the upholstery.

The sound system is OK. Can't compare to the arkamys system, but i say it sounds really really good. When static. When moving, I'm not sure you can tell a difference due to the road noise.

You can't get it with a spare tyre. Renault say because of the sub, but one can be fitted after if bought from eBay etc..

By far and away the best feature for me I'd the glass roof. Makes it worth all those other shortfalls.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi have you swapped your wheels for 17"? I'm thinking about it as the tyres are cheaper and looking for added comfort over the worst roads in the U.K. Warwickshire!
I too have the Bose edition great car but lacks a little refinement compared to my previous Kia Optima. If I was to buy again I'd consider the new Kia Sportage but price for price you get a lot more with Renault. I have the auto diesel with real leather heated seats and it's great. Just some silly items missing which some I believe have now been addressed by Renault, Interior glove light box, illuminated buttons, auto fold wing mirrors. Bose Sound system is OK nothing to get excited about nothing compared to Bose products in the home...
I've also purchased a spare wheel & Jack.
Overall I'd give our Bose edition S Nav Flame Red 8/10

I ordered 17's and the car was delivered on 19's - they look great and the lease co think they were doing me a favour.  But not only do they make the ride a bit harsher (bearable) but I can't find winter/cross climate tyres to suit the 19's - this is a big drawback for me. Fortunately we have come through a mild first winter but I do a lot of work miles in rural Scotland and wanted the extra security that cross climate tyre offer.

I ordered 17's and the car was delivered on 19's - they look great and the lease co think they were doing me a favour.  But not only do they make the ride a bit harsher (bearable) but I can't find winter/cross climate tyres to suit the 19's - this is a big drawback for me. Fortunately we have come through a mild first winter but I do a lot of work miles in rural Scotland and wanted the extra security that cross climate tyre offer.

Harsh, what were you riding on before, marshmallows? Believe me the roads in Scotland are in a million times better condition than the roads in Kent and I still have no complaint about the 19 inch wheels.

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

It's just the simple facts in the 17 v 19" argument. From the point of view of having 19" wheels, they are more expensive to re-shoe, they are slightly more noisy, they are slightly more harsh but they very much easier to damage. If those differences don't matter to you then finem but differences they are and to some they do matter
The Kadjar is designed to look like an off roader, some of us take them off road, I do for fishing and shooting, I'm not talking driving up mountain sides just flat dry dirt and farm tracks were what is needed is simply good ground clearance and the ability not to sustain wheel damage when the tyres rub a rut etc.
That style of car should be capable of the odd bit of chelsea tractoring, ie 2 wheels on the road and 2 on the kerb.
It's that old decision of style or practicality and denying there is a difference won't do anyone considering the car any favours,

So you are the owner who takes their Kadjar off road? Pleased to meet you.
My alternative view is, and you knew I'd have one, though I like my Kadjar it's not a car I'd buy to go off road in, far too delicate. I don't agree with 2 wheels on the kerb or pavement. Pavements are for people, and I have seen parents having to take their kids and prams into the road because of a kerber. It isn't illegal but it should be!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

It's just the simple facts in the 17 v 19" argument. From the point of view of having 19" wheels, they are more expensive to re-shoe, they are slightly more noisy, they are slightly more harsh but they very much easier to damage. If those differences don't matter to you then finem but differences they are and to some they do matter
The Kadjar is designed to look like an off roader, some of us take them off road, I do for fishing and shooting, I'm not talking driving up mountain sides just flat dry dirt and farm tracks were what is needed is simply good ground clearance and the ability not to sustain wheel damage when the tyres rub a rut etc.
That style of car should be capable of the odd bit of chelsea tractoring, ie 2 wheels on the road and 2 on the kerb.
It's that old decision of style or practicality and denying there is a difference won't do anyone considering the car any favours,

So you are the owner who takes their Kadjar off road? Pleased to meet you.
My alternative view is, and you knew I'd have one, though I like my Kadjar it's not a car I'd buy to go off road in, far too delicate. I don't agree with 2 wheels on the kerb or pavement. Pavements are for people, and I have seen parents having to take their kids and prams into the road because of a kerber. It isn't illegal but it should be!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

Of course you have:rolleyes:.
You can deny there are issues all you want, they may not matter to you but they will to some, we aren't all blindfolded on here and some can actually tell the difference even if you can't. But then again I note that you aren't being serious as you never are, 

I don't deny there are issues, I just shine a light on what are claimed to be issues and see if they stand up to scrutiny! Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. People will make up their minds. But the biggest issue is why do people post on here and then get miffed at the comments? It seems all people want is to be patted on the back no matter how good or bad what they say and is. I may be right I may be wrong but if people make a claim in public then the public can counter claim. If you don't want to get wet don't go out in the rain!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.