• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Would you buy Kadjar if you haven't buy any cars back then?
2 2

135 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Pottery said:

Dear Stephen, you asked the worst possible question you could possibly ask on this forum. The Kadjar should have been called the Renault Marmite. You either love it or hate it. The Bose is a Bose, it will annoy neighbours without any distortion. The 19" wheels look great and I moved from 235/70/16s to them and they are just fine. The glass sunroof is nice but turns the car into a very efficient mobile dog cooker so extra caution for pet owners required and I am sure I don't have to point out the same to parents of small children. It says in the brochures that some of the leather was faux so people must have thought Renault were lying about that. I can say I have not experienced any of the problems stated here. R-Link would defo lose a chess game against Deep Blue (but then most of us would lose a chess game against R-Link) but I found it does what it's supposed to do. I like the 1.5 dci it's a smooth economical engine and coupled with the auto transmission is very pleasant to drive. I, obviously can't comment on the 1.2 petrol, 1.6 diesel or the manual transmission.
The only posts you should pay any attention to on your this forum are technical tips. All opinions are relative to the opinion holder and the only opinion that really matters is your own! Take one of your desired engine/transmission choices for a test drive and make your own decision. Whatever decision you make someone will tell you it was a bad one, ignore them.

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

Really have to agree here, the car has been great for me, I am a mobility customer and I looked at a lot of models before choosing. 

aAs with all new cars, they tend to build them and launch them the next day without fully testing them, we are the guinea pigs finding the problems the new series then get. 

R-Link well it's rubbish, but dont forget its chip and o/s came out of 2005 mobile phone. the sat nav software is in conflict with the device it just isn't powerful enough, add pulling bluetooth phone and media it just has to run home and cry sometimes. 

I don't take sat nav instructions from the car I have a perfectly good wife to tell me  cocked things up, why do i need another woman at me.  I use it as a Map, remember them, zoom out a bit and see what's ahead ,much more useful

The bonus with being on mobility it is trouble free motoring, the backup they give you is fantastic, no problems if it just stops, your given a hire car the same day. I had to reject my 3008 six months in, that bloody manual/automatic/ships gearbox was damaging my back, and they let me change it, so no problem owning this one just over 2 1/2 years to go. if your having problems with a dealer or the car isn't suitable contact mobility let them get it fixed they own it dont forget

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Love the car. Sweet engine and don't have any problems with RLink 2 apart from radio text missing.

I have been driving for over 40 years and this is the most comfortable, smooth and quietest car I have ever driven. Bearing in mind that I have driven over 50 different hire cars over the last eight years, that is some going.

6000 miles in and have not had a problem so would leave it a while before passing an opinion on reliability.

I have a Dynamique S Nav which has all the tools I need.

Just bear in mind that forums like this are mostly about problems rather than reviews.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

That statement is made up of bad logic!
It should read like this to be of any use:
"The Kadjar test car i drove can store 2 Tern folding bicycles so i guess Kadjar should be sufficient for me."
I suggest you bring those bikes with you to that test drive.

True true!

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi Kadjar Owners,
I am looking out to buy a Crossover/SUV. I have been watching videos of this great looking Kadjar and its spacious interior design! I really like this design and its fuel consumption but I have not test drive it nor have anyone to share verbal experiences/reviews of this car with me. Therefore, I appeal to you.

1- Would you recommend buying this car (yes/no)?
2- Would you buy this car again if you haven't buy any cars back then (yes/no)?
3- Would you recommend Bose edition (yes/no)?
** feel free to provide explanations, feedbacks or add in more questions~

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply me

I certainly would we have the Bose edition ,it has some niggles some of which have been fixed but overall I would buy another I've had mine 16 months and I am quiet happy .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

1: Yes, i highly recommend it.
2: i looked at every possible car in every possible category before buying the Kadjar. Definitely my favourite so yes.
3: I have got the Signature Nav ("Bose Edition") so here is some opinions:

The wheels are too big. Swap them for 17" if you can. Saves fuels, tax and makes for a more comfortable ride.

The leather trim isn't leather. It's PU, fake leather. It's nice enough but not the real deal. That said, i love the design of the upholstery.

The sound system is OK. Can't compare to the arkamys system, but i say it sounds really really good. When static. When moving, I'm not sure you can tell a difference due to the road noise.

You can't get it with a spare tyre. Renault say because of the sub, but one can be fitted after if bought from eBay etc..

By far and away the best feature for me I'd the glass roof. Makes it worth all those other shortfalls.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi have you swapped your wheels for 17"? I'm thinking about it as the tyres are cheaper and looking for added comfort over the worst roads in the U.K. Warwickshire!
I too have the Bose edition great car but lacks a little refinement compared to my previous Kia Optima. If I was to buy again I'd consider the new Kia Sportage but price for price you get a lot more with Renault. I have the auto diesel with real leather heated seats and it's great. Just some silly items missing which some I believe have now been addressed by Renault, Interior glove light box, illuminated buttons, auto fold wing mirrors. Bose Sound system is OK nothing to get excited about nothing compared to Bose products in the home...
I've also purchased a spare wheel & Jack.
Overall I'd give our Bose edition S Nav Flame Red 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered 17's and the car was delivered on 19's - they look great and the lease co think they were doing me a favour.  But not only do they make the ride a bit harsher (bearable) but I can't find winter/cross climate tyres to suit the 19's - this is a big drawback for me. Fortunately we have come through a mild first winter but I do a lot of work miles in rural Scotland and wanted the extra security that cross climate tyre offer.

I ordered 17's and the car was delivered on 19's - they look great and the lease co think they were doing me a favour.  But not only do they make the ride a bit harsher (bearable) but I can't find winter/cross climate tyres to suit the 19's - this is a big drawback for me. Fortunately we have come through a mild first winter but I do a lot of work miles in rural Scotland and wanted the extra security that cross climate tyre offer.

Harsh, what were you riding on before, marshmallows? Believe me the roads in Scotland are in a million times better condition than the roads in Kent and I still have no complaint about the 19 inch wheels.

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

It's just the simple facts in the 17 v 19" argument. From the point of view of having 19" wheels, they are more expensive to re-shoe, they are slightly more noisy, they are slightly more harsh but they very much easier to damage. If those differences don't matter to you then finem but differences they are and to some they do matter
The Kadjar is designed to look like an off roader, some of us take them off road, I do for fishing and shooting, I'm not talking driving up mountain sides just flat dry dirt and farm tracks were what is needed is simply good ground clearance and the ability not to sustain wheel damage when the tyres rub a rut etc.
That style of car should be capable of the odd bit of chelsea tractoring, ie 2 wheels on the road and 2 on the kerb.
It's that old decision of style or practicality and denying there is a difference won't do anyone considering the car any favours,

So you are the owner who takes their Kadjar off road? Pleased to meet you.
My alternative view is, and you knew I'd have one, though I like my Kadjar it's not a car I'd buy to go off road in, far too delicate. I don't agree with 2 wheels on the kerb or pavement. Pavements are for people, and I have seen parents having to take their kids and prams into the road because of a kerber. It isn't illegal but it should be!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

It's just the simple facts in the 17 v 19" argument. From the point of view of having 19" wheels, they are more expensive to re-shoe, they are slightly more noisy, they are slightly more harsh but they very much easier to damage. If those differences don't matter to you then finem but differences they are and to some they do matter
The Kadjar is designed to look like an off roader, some of us take them off road, I do for fishing and shooting, I'm not talking driving up mountain sides just flat dry dirt and farm tracks were what is needed is simply good ground clearance and the ability not to sustain wheel damage when the tyres rub a rut etc.
That style of car should be capable of the odd bit of chelsea tractoring, ie 2 wheels on the road and 2 on the kerb.
It's that old decision of style or practicality and denying there is a difference won't do anyone considering the car any favours,

So you are the owner who takes their Kadjar off road? Pleased to meet you.
My alternative view is, and you knew I'd have one, though I like my Kadjar it's not a car I'd buy to go off road in, far too delicate. I don't agree with 2 wheels on the kerb or pavement. Pavements are for people, and I have seen parents having to take their kids and prams into the road because of a kerber. It isn't illegal but it should be!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

Of course you have:rolleyes:.
You can deny there are issues all you want, they may not matter to you but they will to some, we aren't all blindfolded on here and some can actually tell the difference even if you can't. But then again I note that you aren't being serious as you never are, 

I don't deny there are issues, I just shine a light on what are claimed to be issues and see if they stand up to scrutiny! Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. People will make up their minds. But the biggest issue is why do people post on here and then get miffed at the comments? It seems all people want is to be patted on the back no matter how good or bad what they say and is. I may be right I may be wrong but if people make a claim in public then the public can counter claim. If you don't want to get wet don't go out in the rain!

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

23 hours ago, Pottery said:

Harsh, what were you riding on before, marshmallows? Believe me the roads in Scotland are in a million times better condition than the roads in Kent and I still have no complaint about the 19 inch wheels. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

-------------------
Never Knowingly serious!

Signature Nav in Black.

Honda Civic on 16" much smoother ride.  Still am just commenting, not complaining - I do like my Kadjar

10 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Exactly the same reasons got my Kadjar,. I do a bit of shooting and work in the forestry industry so on forest and farm tracks now and again. - need the extra ground clearance but have no real need for 4WD and the mpg penalty that goes with that. Besides, my other halfs car is a Dacia Dustcart....

On 06/04/2017 at 5:02 AM, Stephen said:

Hi Kadjar Owners,

I am looking out to buy a Crossover/SUV. I have been watching videos of this great looking Kadjar and its spacious interior design! I really like this design and its fuel consumption but I have not test drive it nor have anyone to share verbal experiences/reviews of this car with me. Therefore, I appeal to you.

1- Would you recommend buying this car (yes/no)?

2- Would you buy this car again if you haven't buy any cars back then (yes/no)?

3- Would you recommend Bose edition (yes/no)?

** feel free to provide explanations, feedbacks or add in more questions~

Thank you for taking your precious time to reply me :)

!, Yes 2,Yes 3, the LED lights and panoramic roof is what swung it for us, my wife had a IX35 before with a panoramic roof   so every car since feels claustrophobic , the wheels are not an issue and it rides  great ,I've an R36 so its like floating on water after that . Auto lights should come on in bright sunshine ( noticed a comment above) if the sun is behind you you are invisible, the auto dip beam with the leds is awesome reacting faster to dip or return to full beam in milliseconds  

No that's not what you are saying, you are taking the stereotypical position of having bought a car of not accepting it's faults as they translate into a chance that you made a bad decision.
So lets start again, the tyre ride issues are given. The fact that the Kadjar is a very good car is given. But, is it perfect? will it suit everybody? are there certain choices that can be made that will make it more acceptable to some that can be made?
It's a yes on all counts.
This is the friendliest forum I've been a member of. I have only read of one miffed posters issues and that was about posters who could not accept that the Kadjar was not the perfect car. I corrected him if that is the right term, saying I would simply report good or bad, not say if he or I was right or wrong.
Read back through this topic, people have their views, I respect them, but not the denigration of that of others. 

Not agreeing with you is not being unfriendly if that is what you are alluding to, or do you like to be surrounded only by those who think your word is sacred?
I have experienced none if the problems in this or other threads. The tyre issue is not a given, I have those wheels and tyres too and your view is not my experience just your view. All you want is to be right and have every one agree with you to make you feel good about yourself but I for one totally disagree with you and if you can't handle that then that is why you will never be satisfied with your car and probably anything else. Say something I agree with and I will agree with it, and vice versa. If that annoys you, oh dear, how sad, ever mind! In my posts I have not been personal or used bad language, others have, but that seems to bother you less than having an irksome person like who has the temerity to disagree with you. If you believe my posts are that bad report me to the moderator but I am not sure just disagreeing with you is an offence no matter how much it offends you personally.

-------------------
My last words won't be "I wish I'd spent more time cleaning the car"!

Signature Nav in Black.

Turboted. Suggest you have a look at Quashqai problems. I have recently been looking at known engine/gearbox problems and on a couple of posts it mentions 'gearbox surge'. It sounds as if it's the same problem you have although I can't be certain. Apparently it's a known problem recognised by Nissan/Renault. Just a suggestion.

Getting a bit heavy now isn't it?. Can we discuss be brexit now?

Now this a post I can agree with!

-------------------

Signature Nav in Black.

I like to encourage the local Polish economy to thrive, tgat is why they wash my car 3 times out of every 4. Plus I give them a tip which also encourages them to be careful. I am warm and understanding like that plus it gives me time to have a beer in the garden and watch my neighbour slave away building a new patio.

I never said you were being unfriendly. I don't seek folks to agree with me either.
The tyre issue is as said, less comfortable, more prone to damage and more expensive to replace, deny if you wish, just don't kid others that the comparison does not exist.

Yes it's my view, just as yours are yours. Difference is I don't tell folks they are used to driving on marshmallows when they are just used to normal tyres for this type of car.
You don't offend me, I'm just concerned you don't offer a neutral bias to folks asking for advice. Consider the differences, yes, trying to persuade others that because they don't matter to you is wrong.

If you want to tell folks there is no difference with the ride etc on the bigger wheels then do so, but please allow them to consider the facts and make up their own minds.
From the "1 person that takes their Kadjar offroad". Now that comment of yours could could be considered unfriendly.

No Comment!

-------------------

Signature Nav in Black.

Well the Kadjar can not carry four winter tyres in the boot without folding the rear seats,  wheras a Subaru Forester has no problem with four winter tyres in the boot.
Also, I have problem fitting a child stroller in the Kadjar boot without removing its wheels.
And the Kadjar boot really is no bigger than the boot of a Qasqai, whatever you might read.
That said, some people may think it is fine as it is.

This responder refuses to respond to this post as this responder believes any response he may give will be deemed incorrect and he will be pilloried anyway.

(I acknowledge I stole the idea for above quote from the film "Full Metal Jacket")

-------------------

Signature Nav in Black.

9 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Well the Kadjar can not carry four winter tyres in the boot without folding the rear seats,  wheras a Subaru Forester has no problem with four winter tyres in the boot.

It's not true. Four wheels fits in the boot but you have to put them upright ||||