KADJAR SIGNATURE NAV TCE 165
1 1

11 posts in this topic

New version due out this month according to insurance company quote options and a couple of sites. Here are the brief specs from Top Gear site:

KADJAR SIGNATURE NAV TCE 165 (5 DOOR), 1618cc, 2017 - PRESENT

Top speed  127Mph
0–62    9.20s
Engine capacity    1,618cc
Fuel type Petrol
Transmission Manual
Engine Power - 163bhp

£24,460.00

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/renault/kadjar/16-tce-165-signature-nav-5dr/spec

I want one! Trouble is, I have just ordered a Sig Nav TCE 130...

That sounds good for a petrol. Mpg good, I will have to wait another 3yrs before I can get another one.

But I cant wait to see what the new Koloes is going to be like when it's out later in the year.

2 hours ago, BigIan87 said:

That sounds good for a petrol. Mpg good, I will have to wait another 3yrs before I can get another one.

But I cant wait to see what the new Koloes is going to be like when it's out later in the year.

Renault-Koleos-113_zpslfsyddmr.jpg

Renault-Koleos-193_zpsqpdvaj62.jpg

Renault-Koleos-182_zpshy2ub3bj.jpg

here are some pic of the Koleos

It's based on the new Nissan x-Trail

TCE 165s are out and about now! At least as demonstrators/pre-reg... here's a Sig S Nav available June 29th at £22995.

Red - no photo yet. http://usedcars.renault.co.uk/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_ce_ve_vi&ctr=3480460&vhl=37765087&srcmdc=se_ce_re_

Is anyone else, like me, wondering if they should have waited and gone for the extra power?  0-60 in 8.9, top speed 127 mph. The snag of course will be fuel consumption... I struggle to get above 30 mpg in urban driving these days in my Sig Nav TCE 130, now that I'm driving it normally and not in 'run-in' mode. So a 165 might be heading down towards 25 mpg in towns - whatever the mythical official 'urban mpg' is claimed to be.

Full specs of the TCE 165 are in the July Kadjar brochure - and while the peak power compared to TCE 130 is up from 130 at 5500 rpm to 163 bhp at 5200 rpm, the maximum torque  and rpm is not - it's still 205 Nm ISO at 2000 rpm, which is slightly disappointing.

So for caravan owners, the maximum braked towing weight now matches the 1.6 manual diesels, the unbraked towing weight only matches the 1.5 diesel manual, though it is up on the TCE 130.

Fuel consumption is down on the TCE 130 of course in urban driving though not, they say, when touring.

I'm with Dave4774 here. In my TCE130 I struggle to get over the low 30s mpg with my predominantly urban driving so this will struggle to reach 30. The increased top speed doesn't mean a thing here in the UK, for someone living on the Continent maybe. In essence it's the same car as the 1.2 with a little plaque on the rear. Not worth the extra in my opinion.

We recently downsized from a Zafira Tourer, 2L diesel, 130 HP, 300 NM. We worried if the 1.2 petrol engine in the Kadjar [130 HP, 205 NM] would be enough? I did some sums and, because the Kadjar is loads lighter [~350Kg?] than the Zafira, I reckoned that the Kadjar had about 30% more HP per Kg than the Tourer and about 10% less Torque per Kg [I factored in the weight of 2 people too] That sounded reasonable to me, so we did a test-drive in the 1.2 TCE, and on a long hill performed just as well as the Zafira would have - in 6th gear. I also looked at the specs on the 1.6 TCE, I think the Renault catalogue is wrong, and the true Torque is 240 NM - same as the 1.6 petrol 163 HP Qashquai - and a Top Gear review of the 1.6 TCE has 240 NM too. We've had the 1.2 TCE for 5 days and it more than meets our needs in terms of acceleration. I guess the 1.6 TCE could be better if you carry lots of people or tow, but we don't. We will be having 4 people in regularly, but 2 will be in kiddie-seats...

9 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

We recently downsized from a Zafira Tourer, 2L diesel, 130 HP, 300 NM. We worried if the 1.2 petrol engine in the Kadjar [130 HP, 205 NM] would be enough? I did some sums and, because the Kadjar is loads lighter [~350Kg?] than the Zafira, I reckoned that the Kadjar had about 30% more HP per Kg than the Tourer and about 10% less Torque per Kg [I factored in the weight of 2 people too] That sounded reasonable to me, so we did a test-drive in the 1.2 TCE, and on a long hill performed just as well as the Zafira would have - in 6th gear. I also looked at the specs on the 1.6 TCE, I think the Renault catalogue is wrong, and the true Torque is 240 NM - same as the 1.6 petrol 163 HP Qashquai - and a Top Gear review of the 1.6 TCE has 240 NM too. We've had the 1.2 TCE for 5 days and it more than meets our needs in terms of acceleration. I guess the 1.6 TCE could be better if you carry lots of people or tow, but we don't. We will be having 4 people in regularly, but 2 will be in kiddie-seats...

I was given  a loaner Zafira Tourer , when my Scenic was written off courtesy of Royal Mail , and it was a sluggish heap of crap . Nowhere near as good as my Scenic and not even close the Kadjar that replaced it :)