• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

somebody know how take out the multimedia?
4 4

35 posts in this topic

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't suppose you got a pic of the wiring harness? :) I need to find the rear audio cables.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

I'll take some pictures at the weekend and start a thread, not sure if it's a double din size though, it's fairly easy to get out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Darenh!

This diagram from a Renault manual suggests you can just tug the whole unit out and looks like it's just held in by clips.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 08.50.23.png

Oh, that looks useful what manual is that?

It's actually from the installation instructions for the reverse camera .

Interesting, it's PDF? Do you have a link please?

i want change the original multimedia. somebody have instruction how take out the original screen?

Eyaltikva, wont you loose a lot of functionality if you replace the rlink unit? Things like customising dash theme, volume control for reverse sensor, lane depart etc?

As in the diagram from 1964, use a trim removal tool insert into the slot on the underside of the panel, its fairly deep, use the tool to pull towards yourself giving sharp tugs until the clips release.
9cde5682722d0daf27ade330e4a0accd.jpg
1426eb32f34d0fdc6d2b415fc8baaa6b.jpg
Once started use your fingers to ease the rest of the panel off, there are two cables on the back.
This gives access to the screen, which looks as though it's held in with four screws, there is NO need to take these out
8c44b8b356b9af9b02eed418951b9a19.jpg
I repeat don't take these out.

1eee72d58fa4bf6c7f9f24ff6cb28d48.jpg
You can see the two connectors on this one

The screen is held in a plastic frame, below the screen the frame is secured by just two screws T20, remove these, use a magnetic bit or else if you drop them they disappear in to the black abiss.
ec3be21b76497ce3713a506c18a02fa3.jpg
Right hand screw
fc17c5bc12786ff5ddd0e3c6768a71ff.jpg
Left hand screw

Once these are out a tug on the frame will release the top clips and the screen can be eased carefully out, again two plugs in the back one is a data cable.
198e4999e7300e3de2396a598175239a.jpg
Once out of the way the main unit can be seen in the back, approx standard din size but mounted vertically
d69f3f349677c72c0060439e4107cb95.jpg
Connections are at the top, and it's on a clip system quit possible the same as the screen, couple of screws and it may tilt out.

As for replacing it I wouldn't try, it's to far integrated. With some serious chopping.

Interesting enough there is a date on the unit I think it was Jan 16, register the car in June/July, so that's 6 months from build!!

Next project 'how to retrieve the dropped screw'!!

Did you learn the hard way and take the screws out? Are you doing this out of curiosity Daren or is it part of one of your projects?

Err Yep and Yep and I had it apart a couple of weeks ago to see if I could get some LEDs in to glow the USB area as part of the window switch back lighting thing that I'm on with, it's was quite easy to do, but I'm used to pulling them apart.
I need to sort a head cam so I can video might be easier for folk to see how to do it.

I'm on to different LEDs for the window switches, the 2 mm are a bit bulky so I've gone to 3mm less bulk at the back

Eyaltikva, wont you loose a lot of functionality if you replace the rlink unit? Things like customising dash theme, volume control for reverse sensor, lane depart etc?

That's a major thought, also looking at the construction of the hole it'll be a job to get a double din head unit in.

I think it's going to be some time before we see any adapters for this car, I spoke to s supplier about an interface to connect external multimedia and cameras, Renault won't release the info to them

Thanks! I should really invest in a decent trim removal tool, any recommendations?

I use this set
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/11-piece-car-trim-removal-and-moulding-set/
They do a set for £6 for 5 tools which is good
Try to avoid the cheaper unbranded they tend to be soft and chew up

I use this set
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/11-piece-car-trim-removal-and-moulding-set/
They do a set for £6 for 5 tools which is good
Try to avoid the cheaper unbranded they tend to be soft and chew up

Thanks Daren. I think I might try and trace the audio cables from the rear doors rather than the headunit!

I know this post will be greeted with snorts of derision by some, but why would you want to take this unit out on what must be a reasonably new car?. I know people like to play but this seems to go beyond ' tinkering around'!!!

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Well, I stopped at taking the main radio unit out, but after seeing the instructions for the reversing camera, i'm doing some more investigative work, I need to have a look at the pins in the connector to see if I can locate like for like.  The other part is updating Clip to at least the same version in the instructions to enable the reversing camera on the screen.  

Good luck with that as I have already looked into it after finding this pdf a few weeks back, my sons mate is a tech with Renault and I asked him to source the official reversing camera kit after searching the net with the part no etc with no success. He got back to me to say Renault won't sell the kit to Renault dealer and also that its factory fit only. Would still like to fit a reversing camera but finding one to suit will prove difficult.

I know this post will be greeted with snorts of derision by some, but why would you want to take this unit out on what must be a reasonably new car?. I know people like to play but this seems to go beyond ' tinkering around'!!!

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Also if you don't pay for the map updates and Renault data the unit is just a glorified radio, none of the apps work :(

Good luck with that as I have already looked into it after finding this pdf a few weeks back, my sons mate is a tech with Renault and I asked him to source the official reversing camera kit after searching the net with the part no etc with no success. He got back to me to say Renault won't sell the kit to Renault dealer and also that its factory fit only. Would still like to fit a reversing camera but finding one to suit will prove difficult.

Don't doubt my ability, not going to be looking for a kit, already got the camera on with a dimming mirror monitor.
Used to use Clip at work until someone had the bright idea of cancelling the subscription.
I just have to find the input once it's enabled then plan to put a 360 system in

Nobody's doubting you, don't know you , what I am saying for the info of all is you can't buy the official reversing kit as Renault won't even supply it to their own dealers and would imagine they only will if someone goes in with a faulty factory fitted one. So good luck with your project and be sure to post when completed so I can congratulate you.