• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Drivers seat annoying click under seat
2 2

22 posts in this topic

I have this weird click on the drivers seat, seems to come from the rear right and you feel it through the seat, on a straight run its fine, on the odd corner/roundabout or over a speed hump or bump you hear and feel the click.

I have made sure the seat fixings are tight and nothing is catching on the sliders ..

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue before I take it back to the dealer, Its nice to go in armed with info from the forum ..

Thxs

I have this weird click on the drivers seat, seems to come from the rear right and you feel it through the seat, on a straight run its fine, on the odd corner/roundabout or over a speed hump or bump you hear and feel the click.

I have made sure the seat fixings are tight and nothing is catching on the sliders ..

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue before I take it back to the dealer, Its nice to go in armed with info from the forum ..

Thxs

Even though you have looked i bet it could be the rail is slightly twisted or the saftey adjustment is not engaging fully. Can you get the seat to do it without sitting on it.... would be easier to show the dealer...

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Even though you have looked i bet it could be the rail is slightly twisted or the saftey adjustment is not engaging fully. Can you get the seat to do it without sitting on it.... would be easier to show the dealer...

Ade
Never Tepid or Cold
Kadjar Sig Nav (Red)

Hi

The seat seems quiet solid when not sitting on it and I can't get it to click .. maybe I need to go on a diet !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thxs

Have you checked for a dropped coin? I had that on my previous car; going round a corner there was just enough movement for it to make a 'tick' noise. Turns out it was connecting with the metal rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked for a dropped coin? I had that on my previous car; going round a corner there was just enough movement for it to make a 'tick' noise. Turns out it was connecting with the metal rail.

Will check that out ...

Had similar and found it to be the plastic of the seat belt fixing hitting the side plastic of my seat.

Thanks another thing to look at , going to have a good look tomorrow before I book it in

Had mine back to the dealer last week with the seat clicking and moving slightly they said the seat rail was loose and they had tightened it it seemed at first it had cured the problem but now a week later and it has started again so back to the dealer..?

Had mine back to the dealer last week with the seat clicking and moving slightly they said the seat rail was loose and they had tightened it it seemed at first it had cured the problem but now a week later and it has started again so back to the dealer..?

I would go back . I checked mine and the rails were tight, looks like I'm not getting the car back today so will update once I know what's been done ...

1 hour ago, Cliff3cv said:

I would go back . I checked mine and the rails were tight, looks like I'm not getting the car back today so will update once I know what's been done ...

Thanks may give me a better idea of the problem...

Round 1 out of the way , 2 days in the workshop, seat rails and mechanics checked and re built . Not sure they even took it for a test drive, only got 200 yards and same annoying clicks on corners and braking. Phone the dealer straight away and case is now with Renault to deal. Will be pushing for a whole new seat mechanics to be swapped.

Watch this space ..

Still on this seat issue .. technician went out with me and heard the clicking, now booked in again next week for further investigation..

not holding out help on this . 

Should a raise a case with Renault customer care to run parallel with the dealer ? 

Any advise would be appreciated 

I'm sorry I'm a bit suspicious that they say they have rebuilt it, have they, all the seat bases I've taken out don't come apart a lot?

I'm sorry I'm a bit suspicious that they say they have rebuilt it, have they, all the seat bases I've taken out don't come apart a lot?

Exactly me too they reckon they re torqued all the fittings .. not sure if i should get a case raised with Renault or give the dealer a chance to sort it out

I was going to say if they have had a go already, but I think you said he couldn't find anything until you took him out and showed him it.

It's hard trying to diagnose a fault if you don't know what you are looking for.

Now they know might be worth giving the a chance to fix it. If they can't then raise it.
It may be something simple, it may need a new seat base. If you run the case side by side it might speed things up if you need parts under warranty

I was going to say if they have had a go already, but I think you said he couldn't find anything until you took him out and showed him it.

It's hard trying to diagnose a fault if you don't know what you are looking for.

Now they know might be worth giving the a chance to fix it. If they can't then raise it.
It may be something simple, it may need a new seat base. If you run the case side by side it might speed things up if you need parts under warranty

Thanks Daren , I will call Renault in the morning

Well the issue if finally resolved I hope ... car was booked back in after technician heard the noise after a test drive with me, also booked the fault direct with Renault.

Outcome I have a brand new drivers seat , old one unbolted and removed new one installed.

Hopefully this will be the end of it ..

There are two metal rods with hooks on the end underneath the seat which are supposed to have plastic rubber tubing on the hook part but on mine 2 are missing. In fact looks like someone's put electricians tape on it. They bang when your weight shifts on the seat.