• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Love my cagey, but...
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I have had all sorts of problems and would like some advice.

Went to pick it up my lovely flame red sig s 1.5 edc from the dealer (an hour drive as by far the best price), scratch on the bumper!

To be fair the dealer arranged to fix it and fit the mirror wiring loom.  2 days without my car while they sorted it.

A week later opened the boot to a puddle of water. Local dealer couldn't fit me in for 18 days. Renault customer services got it in to a dealer in 3 days. Another 13 days without my car!

A few days later another heavy downpour, puddle back in the boot!

Also finding  the creep takes ages to engage and judders when increase speed from about 7-8 mph and the tailgate lights out on drivers side!

Contacted Renault customer services and said I would like to reject it!

The dealer I bought it from said they had the right to fix the problems before I reject.

The latest update all fixed, the slow to react creep is normal? and the judder which is a known problem with the no fix at the moment, but it won't damage it to use it!

So just wondering if the rest of you find the creep takes ages (3-4 secs before the car starts to move) and if any of you have the judder?

Do you think I should accept it back with the judder or reject it and ask for a replacement? (I really do love it and don't want a different model)

Cheers

If you park on a slope, release the  brake it should hold for 3 or 4 seconds before rolling back. 

If you are on the flat release the brake, again it will be about 3 secs before rolling forward.

it shouldn't judder, if it's taken 13 days to sought a leak out that in its self is unacceptable.

light should be replaced is it the whole thing or part as half of it is on the tail gate.  If it's all of it then it'll be electrical, maybe a fuse

Ask to test drive another one for comparison, if it's different then you have a case which I suspect it will be

Our car is also an EDC.

In my experience, the car will not "creep" with the handbrake on without throttle input.

If holding the car with the footbrake, reducing brake pressure will induce creep.

There should be no judder in either case.

I wonder if your car is failing to engage first gear at rest. Moving the selector to M should confirm this.

Quick update and better explanation

The lights out was because of a loose connection from when the 1st dealer changed the wiring loom and rubber grommet to "fix" the leak. This took 13 days as they had to wait for the part and then it took 12 hours to replace (grommet only comes with loom, which starts at the front and ends in tailgate) 

2nd dealer says the seals need to be re-stuck which was what was causing the leak!

No creep at all with reducing pressure on footbrake, once fully off footbrake about 3 secs before car even starts to creep on flat

Hill start/hold only ever worked twice (dealer says you need lots of pressure on footbrake for it to hold)

The judder happens when I slow the car to about 7-8mph then re-apply throttle (known issue with no fix)

Driving a Grand Scenic 1.5 edc while the dealer has my car. Instant creep when reducing pressure on footbrake/fully releasing footbrake. Hill start/hold works everytime (guess not my driving style :lol:)

Dealers explanation/excuse scenic has a wet clutch, kadjar automated manual with a dry clutch so I shouldn't compare

My car went into the dealers in may and had the fix for the Judder applied!

Didn't work back into the dealers again. Fault raised with Renault Technical again. They are working on a new fix!

Decided to reject the car. Agreed to have a replacement car, Renault UK and dealer agreed!

Friday 21st June I get a phone call from Renault UK. They now won't accept the rejection, the reason?

"The judder is a characteristic of the Kadjar and all 1.5 dci EDC do this!"

"Errr if it is a characteristic and not a fault why are they working on a fix?" (the dealer said the same thing to Renault uk)

"It isn't a fix it will just make things smoother"

So I am hoping all the amazing Forum owners who drive the 1.5dci EDC could please help me out?

When you are next out driving, could you please try slowing down from 25-30mph to 8mph and then gently accelerate again and see if you kadjar  judders/shakes and let me know?

I'm really interested in finding out how many have this characteristic! (seeing as all do this according to Renault)

Thanks in advance

That's what I thought.  I'm amazed that most of the members on here haven't asked questions about this as (quoting Renault UK) "all Kadjars do this"

I just would really like to be able to tell the motor ombudsman that they don't all do it and it is a fault, not a characteristic. The dealer told me they would just accept whatever Renault tell them!

I've had to put up with this for about 5 months now. the best way to describe it would be on a manual car slowing down to much without changing gear and trying to accelerate again.

5 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Don't you just love excuses like that, "working on a fix"

Just a point, my daughter bought a brand new range rover Evoke about 18months back. The brakes squealed at turning and parking speeds, folks came up to her and said you need to get that loved at girl. Long story but the old it's a characteristic of the car came up again and again. Even after changing out the whole front caliper and brake system it persisted.

Bottom line is that she got an independant report and it went to court, She won. It was ruled that the "characteristic" had to be both desirable and common to all similar models.

From what you say it would seem that "characteristic" is the buzz word going round many dealers as a hopeful get out of jail free card.

I think your right about it being the buzz word and thanks for the info on the court ruling.

I can use that in my contact with the ombudsman

On 7/25/2017 at 5:11 PM, Bobli said:

My car went into the dealers in may and had the fix for the Judder applied!

Didn't work back into the dealers again. Fault raised with Renault Technical again. They are working on a new fix!

Decided to reject the car. Agreed to have a replacement car, Renault UK and dealer agreed!

Friday 21st June I get a phone call from Renault UK. They now won't accept the rejection, the reason?

"The judder is a characteristic of the Kadjar and all 1.5 dci EDC do this!"

"Errr if it is a characteristic and not a fault why are they working on a fix?" (the dealer said the same thing to Renault uk)

"It isn't a fix it will just make things smoother"

So I am hoping all the amazing Forum owners who drive the 1.5dci EDC could please help me out?

When you are next out driving, could you please try slowing down from 25-30mph to 8mph and then gently accelerate again and see if you kadjar  judders/shakes and let me know?

I'm really interested in finding out how many have this characteristic! (seeing as all do this according to Renault)

Thanks in advance

I have Kadjar 1.5 EDC diesel 2016. From the very first day I used this car, which is 9 months by now, I have been facing with the same problem, everyday, almost in each slowing down and then accelerating. If there is down-slope on the road, then definitely it happens. Here is the case: Decelerate down to 5 mph, then accelerate, rpm is increasing but not wildly upto 1.5k rpm, then transmission judders and shakes the car and engine revs up more than 3k rpm wildly, then gears up to 2nd gear with around 2k rpm and in a second upto 3rd gear with a normal smooth acceleration afterwards. I suspect dual clutch cannot integrate properly during deceleration-acceleration process. I tried to take the transmission to manual to see in which gear it is at the exact time this is happening and I always saw that it was in 1st gear. I went to dealer couple of times but they said this was "norm"al.