• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New Member saying hello and thank you
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I became a Sig S Nav owner 2 days ago.  I wasn't going to bother joining the forum, but I've been reading a few threads and you seem a helpful bunch!

I've particularly appreciated the advice about setting up rlink, that I haven't yet been able to do as I don't have a usb stick.  I'm a bit disgruntled about that because as a digital photographer I have a selection of SD cards I could have used, but there doesn't seem to be an SD slot.  You'd think for the sake of a few quid, and the fact you need one, you'd get a usb stick (and maybe even a laptop as an option since you can get pretty cheap ones now) supplied with the car!

Anyway, grumble over, hope I don't have any more!  I love the car, I have severe arthritis, and find the Kadjar really comfortable to get in and out of, as well as sit.  And my hips really appreciate the heated seats.

Just in case you're wondering, my car was already built, and on board ship when I ordered it a few weeks ago, so I haven't had the frustrating wait some of you have had. 

Has anyone had the Diamondbrite coating? I have it, is it as good as it purports to be?  

Those with Sigs,  what do you feel about the sun roof?  I got s Sig because of the park assist, but wasn't keen on the sun roof, but when I closed the blind, thought it seemed a bit dark so I opened it again!

Hello
I became a Sig S Nav owner 2 days ago.  I wasn't going to bother joining the forum, but I've been reading a few threads and you seem a helpful bunch!
I've particularly appreciated the advice about setting up rlink, that I haven't yet been able to do as I don't have a usb stick.  I'm a bit disgruntled about that because as a digital photographer I have a selection of SD cards I could have used, but there doesn't seem to be an SD slot.  You'd think for the sake of a few quid, and the fact you need one, you'd get a usb stick (and maybe even a laptop as an option since you can get pretty cheap ones now) supplied with the car!
Anyway, grumble over, hope I don't have any more!  I love the car, I have severe arthritis, and find the Kadjar really comfortable to get in and out of, as well as sit.  And my hips really appreciate the heated seats.
Just in case you're wondering, my car was already built, and on board ship when I ordered it a few weeks ago, so I haven't had the frustrating wait some of you have had. 
Has anyone had the Diamondbrite coating? I have it, is it as good as it purports to be?  
Those with Sigs,  what do you feel about the sun roof?  I got s Sig because of the park assist, but wasn't keen on the sun roof, but when I closed the blind, thought it seemed a bit dark so I opened it again!

I think the sunroof is great for passengers but for the driver it tends to cause reflections on the windscreen but I do like the airy feel it gives on a bright sunny day. I have had mine since august, done over 6k in it and have had none of the problems posted on this forum so hope you have the same experience as I can't have the only Kadjar with no issues.

-------------------
Always challenge fatuousness!

Signature Nav in Black.

Hi Chookgate

Lucky you, having your car.   I still have some weeks to go before mine (Sig S Nav) arrives (and will now have to re-tax my current car, which annoying, grrr).   

I am trying to learn a bit about the car before it arrives and have learnt much from these helpful forums.

I will ensure I have a USB stick ready to but agree with you that it seems a bit nit picky for Renault not to provide one.

Could I ask if you have tried the self-park function?   If so, is it difficult to use?   Does it take long to do?   My parking is OK but I am curious.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Candy

Hi Candy

Yes I have tried the auto parking, but so far only in a bay, not parallel parking.  It is easy, you press the park assist button, select the type of parking, and set the indicator for the side you want to park.  The car then tells you to move forward slowly until it picks a space to park in.  Then it gives you instructions regarding moving forward or backwards (it reverses into the space), and you do the gear changes and control the speed, the car does the steering.  It feels a little scary not controlling the steering, especially when you get proximity alarms, but you can stop at any time and take full control back.  Depending on how you were positioned at the start of the manoeuvre and how heavy you are on the throttle, it may do a bit of to'ing and fro'ing before it's happy with it's position.

(Had to change my user name slightly because my password doesn't seem to be what I thought it was, and I couldn't see a forgotten password option)

Hope your car arrives soon, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

On 3/11/2017 at 7:22 PM, chookgate2 said:

Hi Candy

Yes I have tried the auto parking, but so far only in a bay, not parallel parking.  It is easy, you press the park assist button, select the type of parking, and set the indicator for the side you want to park.  The car then tells you to move forward slowly until it picks a space to park in.  Then it gives you instructions regarding moving forward or backwards (it reverses into the space), and you do the gear changes and control the speed, the car does the steering.  It feels a little scary not controlling the steering, especially when you get proximity alarms, but you can stop at any time and take full control back.  Depending on how you were positioned at the start of the manoeuvre and how heavy you are on the throttle, it may do a bit of to'ing and fro'ing before it's happy with it's position.

(Had to change my user name slightly because my password doesn't seem to be what I thought it was, and I couldn't see a forgotten password option)

Hope your car arrives soon, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks, Chookgate2.   Interesting.   I would be doing mostly parallel parking and am nervous of damaging the alloys, so wondering about using it this way.

If you should try parallel parking, would you let us know how you get on?   I wonder if it is really slow (albeit that you are controlling the speed) and traffic would be really narked!

Still no news on my car arriving....

Hi Candy,

I've used the auto parallel parking quite a few times. My kids love it!  It works incredible well and has even parked me in a spot I wouldn't have attempted myself:lol: (albeit  lots of forward and reverse)

You do control the speed and gears and I have found some large spaces that I have let it park itself at reasonably fast speeds and it works fine.

It's never kerbed itself and never hit anything. It does get uncomfortably close in small spaces but as soon as you touch the wheel it cancels and gives you full control back.

It's no slower than doing it yourself, maybe even quicker once you start to trust it,

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

It will work with an SD card and a USB SD card reader.

But the point was, as soon as I logged into rlink on t'web it said I couldn't do anything until I installed an update.  This I could not do without a usb stick (whether an update would work via an SD card with a usb card reader or not doesn't matter, I don't have one of those either!).  I haven't used usb sticks for years, so my point was, to use rlink, I needed something I didn't have, not quite the same as having a manual transmission but no gear stick, but similar!

Hi Chookgate
Lucky you, having your car.   I still have some weeks to go before mine (Sig S Nav) arrives (and will now have to re-tax my current car, which annoying, grrr).   
I am trying to learn a bit about the car before it arrives and have learnt much from these helpful forums.
I will ensure I have a USB stick ready to but agree with you that it seems a bit nit picky for Renault not to provide one.
Could I ask if you have tried the self-park function?   If so, is it difficult to use?   Does it take long to do?   My parking is OK but I am curious.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Candy

Hi, I'm 44 and having driven lorries with trailers I pride myself on my reversing skills, however this is one feature the Kadjar has which is pretty awesome! I let the car park itself where I would never attempt it! My only worry is the other parked cars leaving before me lol
You just need the confidence to trust it find a quite road with some large spaces and give it a go... good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2017 at 9:25 AM, janeyandpaul said:

Hi, I'm 44 and having driven lorries with trailers I pride myself on my reversing skills, however this is one feature the Kadjar has which is pretty awesome! I let the car park itself where I would never attempt it! My only worry is the other parked cars leaving before me lol emoji2.png
You just need the confidence to trust it find a quite road with some large spaces and give it a go... good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!   I'll try and be brave and use it - whenever it arrives.........

On 3/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Bobli said:

Hi Candy,

I've used the auto parallel parking quite a few times. My kids love it!  It works incredible well and has even parked me in a spot I wouldn't have attempted myself:lol: (albeit  lots of forward and reverse)

You do control the speed and gears and I have found some large spaces that I have let it park itself at reasonably fast speeds and it works fine.

It's never kerbed itself and never hit anything. It does get uncomfortably close in small spaces but as soon as you touch the wheel it cancels and gives you full control back.

It's no slower than doing it yourself, maybe even quicker once you start to trust it,

Thanks also to Bobli.   It sounds very intriguing but will I be brave enough...?   As long as it won't damage the alloys - which from comments here, it seems it won't, I think I'll use it, although I wouldn't want to lose my current level of parking skills.   I wonder if we'll all become lazy and use it all the time?!