Accessory packs (Sidesteps vs lighting pack)
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Are they Renault OEM or after market ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renault OEM, dealer also confirmed that R-Link2 update is coming in the next couple of weeks. 

i made the order for wind deflectors as well (front only), will get them installed together with the software update.

Got sidestep installed few days ago, look really nice :

I have the sidesteps and have to agree (yet again!) with something that Jactac said.  They aren't really wide enough to use but are definitely wide enough to catch the back of your leg when getting out of the car.  They are also a pain to keep clean in the current weather.  One thing I think they might do is stop small stones from flicking up on to the bodywork as when I drive along I can hear a noise that I have never heard in any other car and wondered the other day if it's debris hitting the sidesteps that would otherwise be hitting the bodywork.

I do think they look OK but I wish they were a bit wider.

How were you informed of this update? Will it show up on the My Renault site?

I've been talking to R Link support, about the issues with the R Link .They booked it in last week and it didn't cure anything . I got back to them and they said there's another update needs applying . Booked in for next week

I have illuminated side tubes (Lightning pack). I have noticed that in the dark they are illuminated at all times (when the doors are locked and keycard even not present) but very dim. I assume that this is not a normal operation? When the doors are opened, they brighten up into full intensity. I wonder who long battery lasts when the side tube leds are always on.

I have illuminated side tubes (Lightning pack). I have noticed that in the dark they are illuminated at all times (when the doors are locked and keycard even not present) but very dim. I assume that this is not a normal operation? When the doors are opened, they brighten up into full intensity. I wonder who long battery lasts when the side tube leds are always on.

Sounds like a dead battery in no time! That can't be right.. Best contact the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have illuminated side tubes (Lightning pack). I have noticed that in the dark they are illuminated at all times (when the doors are locked and keycard even not present) but very dim. I assume that this is not a normal operation? When the doors are opened, they brighten up into full intensity. I wonder who long battery lasts when the side tube leds are always on.

Mine go out ... When doors locked .

Finding it annoying they get dirty very quickly ? No super guard on them then !

Mine go out ... When doors locked .

Finding it annoying they get dirty very quickly ? No super guard on them then !

Actually it goes out fully after locking but in about 30 seconds they light up again dimmed. It's hard to notice in the daylight and barely even in the dark. I guess that's still not a normal operation. I'll contact the service on monday. I guess power consumption of four dimmed LEDs is that small that the battery won't be empty very quickly.

Actually it goes out fully after locking but in about 30 seconds they light up again dimmed. It's hard to notice in the daylight and barely even in the dark. I guess that's still not a normal operation. I'll contact the service on monday. I guess power consumption of four dimmed LEDs is that small that the battery won't be empty very quickly.

Wired wrong my friend, there has been a few turned up like that, the power pickup is in the n/a A pillar, some where on the forum there is a wiring diagram, print the page and take it with you to help them

On 16/02/2016 at 9:31 AM, Bankfurt said:

Renault OEM, dealer also confirmed that R-Link2 update is coming in the next couple of weeks. 

i made the order for wind deflectors as well (front only), will get them installed together with the software update.

Could you please post some pictures of the OEM wind deflectors?