• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Accessory packs (Sidesteps vs lighting pack)
1 1

33 posts in this topic

As everyone is getting closer to deliveries there may be some opportunistic 'up-selling' of accessory packs so as a starter for ten... What do people think of sidesteps vs lighting pack?

(Apologies for the naff picks)

28c2fb68d4694098072e357fd25d927c.jpg

dc61afd98760889dddcfc1218f76f701.jpg

b31ec83d03eb3e3603438508d9da833a.jpg

51cbae8ee8336e6f01972c40d150e712.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose the lighting pack but I hope it's better fitted than the one in the first pic. The gap between the skirt moulding and the wheel arch moulding is substantial.

Went for the side steps. The dealer said that the lighting bars pick up every knock and bang on the road and show bad signs of wear after only a short time. also the bulbs are a real pain to change, apparently. I like the Side Steps as it adds toi the rugged appearance and will help when loading and unloading our roof box...

Initially when I ordered the car I went for the steps but a day or so later after seeing the lighting pack in a brochure I changed the order.

The steps are exactly like the QQ and are so similar to the ones on the Kia, so then opting for the lighting pack was a no brainer.

They look great at night when opening/unlocking the doors, and stylish throughout the day with the bright chrome. 

Also the pack is not a flimsy bit of bling, its a heavy well made piece of kit.

One last thing !

The steps tend to rub the back of your leg every time you get in or out of the car as they stick out further than the lighting pack, not good if they are wet or dirty. 

I guess its what you need/want out of your Kadjar, mine (if I'd kept it) was never going to be used as a "working" car, so adding the stylish lighting pack was a better option for me, rather than adding the side steps that might be more practical if you need to get to the roof bars, but felt  less practical when just getting in & out of the car, as they just seemed to get in the way.  

But hey, each to their own !

Fair points indeed. I just thought that either pack would add to the car's looks so ended up ordering the Adventure Pack. At least with the sidesteps my vertically challenged wife might be able to reach the sunroof to clean it of bird poop now and again

Just a shame you can't have both steps and lights...

Got a call today saying that I could have the wheel mouldings OR working parking sensors but not both. Turns out the front mouldings cover a sensor on either side and would set off the sensor alarms constantly.

Pointed out they just needed to make a hole like in one of the latest reviews.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/12/driven-renault-kadjar-dci-130-4x4.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LOtjh7WA36c/VmWrVnSDRDI/AAAAAAAAF-g/xGv4TqTYJMk/s1600/2015%2BRenault%2BKadjar%2B1.6%2BdCi%2B4x4%2BIntens%2B23.jpeg

Don't take no for an answer!

Or just order the mouldings with pre-drilled holes.

They MUST be available somewhere within Renault's UK data base, if not Renault HQ could source them.

Its a factory fitted part so it has to be stocked somewhere within Renault ! 

I would ring Renault UK and get them on the case. 

You only need the lower moulding with the hole, the rest is standard fit.

The garage has the mouldings and are going to drill them. One would hope there's a 'cut here' sign on the back of the mouldings to begin with! I pick up the car next week so will see what they've made of it then...

I was informed the the day mine arrived at the dealers that side mouldings were not fitted as Renault had decided that they spoiled the looks, so I got mine for free, but blocking of the sensors sound more like it. (Perhaps Renault management used to write for jackanory)  :)  :)

I was informed the the day mine arrived at the dealers that side mouldings were not fitted as Renault had decided that they spoiled the looks, so I got mine for free, but blocking of the sensors sound more like it. (Perhaps Renault management used to write for jackanory)  :)  :)

And the Daily Fable :D

Personally , I didn't fancy the side steps anyway ..but I don't think I'd be keen on drilling holes in the mouldings ....sounds like a job by Bodgit and Scarper

Just been told mine have been fitted in advance of collection on Wednesday. I actually like the look, but to each their own

Just as an update they made a hole in the mouldings for the front parking sensors and it seems to be working fine.

48hrs to go!

Yes.

I have the side parking sensors on the wings and the "tubes" as you call them running along the sills, which are in fact the lighting pack.

I guess thats what you mean by "tubes"

Are they Renault OEM or after market ?

Renault OEM, dealer also confirmed that R-Link2 update is coming in the next couple of weeks. 

i made the order for wind deflectors as well (front only), will get them installed together with the software update.

Got sidestep installed few days ago, look really nice :

I have the sidesteps and have to agree (yet again!) with something that Jactac said.  They aren't really wide enough to use but are definitely wide enough to catch the back of your leg when getting out of the car.  They are also a pain to keep clean in the current weather.  One thing I think they might do is stop small stones from flicking up on to the bodywork as when I drive along I can hear a noise that I have never heard in any other car and wondered the other day if it's debris hitting the sidesteps that would otherwise be hitting the bodywork.

I do think they look OK but I wish they were a bit wider.

How were you informed of this update? Will it show up on the My Renault site?

I've been talking to R Link support, about the issues with the R Link .They booked it in last week and it didn't cure anything . I got back to them and they said there's another update needs applying . Booked in for next week