• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Known R-Link 2 Bugs & Issues
7 7

97 posts in this topic

Guys,

I'm interested to know what bugs and issues everyone has had with R-link 2. I am in consultation with Renault via a customer service complain as well as having the R-Link team engaged looking at my issues.

Here is what I know of so far:

1 - Upon starting the vehicle, the first swipe of the screen is interpreted as a touch/click and takes you into the app where your finger first touched the screen. Once this first touch has happened the screen works as expected.

2 - Navigation ignores live traffic road closures and proceeds to route you down the closed roads.

3 - Live traffic periodically disconnects and discards previously downloaded traffic information mid-journey and then routes you back into the traffic affected areas. R-Link traffic icon on Navigation screens shows disconnected state. - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

4 - Alternative Routes/Detour not being offered or being offered without taking into account the chosen settings (such as the 10 minutes)- This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

5 - Notification that mobile phone has disconnected immediately followed by a message that the phone is now connected. (iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1)

6 - DAB radio occasionally stutters, sometimes can roll back to a transmission over 1 minute.

7 - Mobile conversations occasionally stutter.

8 -  No radio text track info displayed - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.
9 - Intermittent DAB signal dropout.
10 -   Issue with the auto change to corresponding FM station when DAB signal drops - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.
11 - Audio warnings for speed cameras don't work on mine
12 - Sat nav ignores my alternative route parameters... and when it does reroute it comes up with some strange alternatives like taking every exit ramp on the M4 and the rejoining the motorway after going round the roundabout ???
13 -  TA doesn't work on mine
14 -  Skipping tracks on USB music...it skips ok but the list that pops up is permanently frozen on the same set of tracks so I don't know what I'm skipping to.
15 -  Flashing message ... no map coverage for current location .. but it knows where I am... maps up to date as they can be June 2015)

16) "No Map Coverage for current location" error displayed

17) Slow response when changing radio stations

18) Intermittent DAB signal dropout - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

19) RDS Traffic Alerts - The reason why you are not receiving any radio traffic reports is because the Live Services Traffic information and the RDS Traffic information are not provided at the same time. This means that if you have an active subscription of the "TomTom Traffic and Connectivity" you will only receive the traffic information coming from this service. The RDS traffic information is only provided if the customer does not have a subscription for the services.

20) "Mute Not Available" Error when trying to mute a handsfree call.

All the above are present on firmware version 2.2.17.803

Where Renault have confirmed a fix will be made in the up-coming firmware release this will be noted alongside the problem/error.

Let me know your issues and I'll add them to the list. My plan is to collate all the issues and send them off to Renault for an explanation/plan to fix them.

I'm also in discussion with Renault having sent them a snotogram tweet about deprecating the 'old' RLink2 and not providing an upgrade path and also the knock on effect it has on legacy/existing system owners.

i'm glad someone else has the problem with recommend routes around traffic not taking into account the X quicker setting as I thought I was going mad.

i've encountered the same issues as above, the lack of newer maps I will also raise and the mute button doesn't work when on a call - it flashes up function unavailable.

My R-Link says "No internet connection" when I'm trying to access the App Store. Since there's no internet connection, the weather app doesn't work either. Why there's no internet connection? Do I have to pay for internet connection after one year?

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

Presumably you get the connection if you subscribe to live traffic as that needs a data connection to work.
Likelihood of me renewing when they can't fix or maintain it and think 18 month old maps is an adequate service schedule?...that would be a big fat Zero!

Not exactly sure what Discovery services and Digital services mean though.
7acf5d0ee549a1fc87be0693ab127092.jpg6c0cdde645b63bba909f298d2415cab6.jpgddd86ad43cf3f1c67719e13cb4adc7ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pushed "OK" for all of these a while ago and nothing happened.

27 minutes ago, ballantine said:

Ok. So how do I renew for eg. this "Discovery Services"?

Discovery services is part of the TomTom Live Traffic package . You can renew on the R Link Store , maybe from the car too if you've saved credit card details to R Link

Hi,

So I have a support case open with Renault UK, their advice so far has been for me to take it into a dealer.

My reply has been - how is that going to solve the issues, these are software bugs and until your developers fix them and release an RLink2 update the dealer cannot solve the problems.

THe response failed to address the issues of out of date maps or the deprecation of the existing RLink2 solution in favour of the newer Apple Carplay/Android Auto model without a upgrade path.

I await their response...

42 minutes ago, abedegno said:

Hi,

So I have a support case open with Renault UK, their advice so far has been for me to take it into a dealer.

My reply has been - how is that going to solve the issues, these are software bugs and until your developers fix them and release an RLink2 update the dealer cannot solve the problems.

THe response failed to address the issues of out of date maps or the deprecation of the existing RLink2 solution in favour of the newer Apple Carplay/Android Auto model without a upgrade path.

I await their response...

May be a long wait ....for a sensible answer at least ;)

19 hours ago, ulfire said:

Discovery services is part of the TomTom Live Traffic package . You can renew on the R Link Store , maybe from the car too if you've saved credit card details to R Link

Yes, but my R-Link says "no internet connection". So how do I get internet connection working again?

3 minutes ago, ballantine said:

How do I reset it? Does the reset lose all the settings for eg. FM presets and everything else?

Hold the power button infor at least 10 seconds until the R Link reboots and yes I'm afraid so 

Hi guys, 

i have one question. 

My Renault Kadjar has a problem with tpms sensors. 

The problem is when i start my car i have a message like "Tyres location failure" after when i start driving after a few miles the tyres pressure shows up until my next stop and start. 

Local dealer coudnt do nothing i was there 3 times they restart the system, programed the tpms sensors but i still have this problem. 

Maybe someone from you had the same problem and can tell me solution ? 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

I think that is a problem with your OBC rather than your r-link head unit Asif. I am fairly sure If your R-link died you would still be able to see your tyre pressures in the instrument display as you would your speedometer and mileage etc.

Thank you for your replay, 

could you please tell me what is obc? 

I was also in contact with Customer Services and they acknowledged the problems I was having which are practically the same as above and they agreed to buy me a Tomtom Go 5200. I didn't accept because there was a proviso in an email that confirmed the offer, which read  

This offer is intended to be in full and final settlement of all claims you assert against Renault UK in relation to Renault Kadjar – XX XX XXX and if accepted, is strictly on that basis.

Please confirm if you would accept this offer. If you choose to do so, a cheque will be posted out to you for the value of £299.99 – Please confirm whom the cheque should be payable to and the address to be delivered to.

21 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Pretty much an admission they can't or won't fix the problems.Kind of defeats the object of having something built in if you have to have a unit stuck to your dash or windscreen? And a useless solution if you have problems other than the Sat Nav.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick though emoji6.png

It seems that Renault are a poke in the eye with a sharp stick  :) . Surely  , if you buy a car where inbuilt SatNav is one of your key priorities and they can't fix it , you've been mis-sold ? 

2 hours ago, Tripleh said:

I was also in contact with Customer Services

Tripleh - what issues had you raised with RenaultUK?  I've raised a long list of issues related to the RLink2, SatNav and Traffic features with Renault and their suggestion was to get a dealer to look at it.

The dealer did a factory reset on the RLink2 on Friday, I've not had time to exhaustively test all the issues but it doesn't appear to have fixed it (no surprise there).

It is easier to say that I have all the problems quoted earlier and also the phone sounds muffled when someone calls me. The dealer did check mine out and said it was working as they say it should. As I say I didn't accept the peace offering as I am happier firing emails off weekly to the RLink helpline in Portugal.

On 06/03/2017 at 3:50 PM, abedegno said:

I had RenaultUK Customer Services contact me today - they've escalated my issues to the Connected Services Team - I'm not holding out much hope but these are the hoops I need to jump through...

Connected services are who I have been dealing with. They have had my issues for 5 months and I've not even had confirmation they have replicated my faults. My car is at the dealers today and is the deadline for the issues to be fixed. I hold out little hope.

So an update from my end. 

Took the car in for its year 1 service. Dealership confirmed there are no new firmware updates and advised me to again to go Renault UK.

I demanded a call back from the case manager dealing with my complaint and I said that I want a full refund given the numerous issues I am facing with the R-Link system. They said that they would not look to reject a car based on the faults I am having. They suggested I speak with the sales manager at the dealership if I wanted to attempt to get my money back. To date, I have not done this.

Renault openly admit that there is no ETA on the next firmware update and cannot confirm if it addresses any of the problems we are reporting. As such getting a functioning R-Link system as advertised when sold is not going to happen in the short term.

I have now been referred to the Motoring Ombudsmen. I urge you to file a formal complaint with Renault UK and after 8 weeks file to the Ombudsman like I have. Unless we do this we will never have a car which works. Their process works as follows:

First of all, give the business the chance to sort things out. Get in touch with them to explain what’s happened. Tell them how you want things to be put right. The business then has eight weeks to investigate your complaint. After eight weeks, if you are unhappy with the response or haven’t received one at all, then get in touch with us.

Additionally, they told me they were not aware the maps are TOMTOM maps and the live traffic service is also not TOMTOM. I was under the impression that they were.

I must be lucky my dab to
Fm works good, my dab drops out in the same places as dab adaptor in my van.
Phone also works fine media streaming and calls