• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Known R-Link 2 Bugs & Issues
7 7

125 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Pottery said:

For every problem and moan you see here there a many people pleased with their purchase. I suggest you take a quick look at other car forums on Tapatalk and probably would be put off buying those cars too!

This seems to be a statement that current hardware will not be able to receive the updated software, until i get my car i wont even know for sure.

I AM a member of several car forums and am fully aware of how problems escalate on them. I may be one of the happy with my purchase owners but i see no problem with being familiar with this issue and be able to discuss it with my dealer should i need to. I suggest you read the link i posted if you haven't already, then instead of presuming this is the only car forum i go on you may be able to offer informed advice

Glad to see the forum is back to normal!

An update fro me: I escalated within Renault UK and all they would offer to do is reimburse me for one years traffic and map subscription. I'm not happy with that so I contacted the dealership to reject the vehicle. Naturally they said it was working as expected so I have asked the Motoring Ombudsman to open a rejection case. I would urge others to do the same if they are at their wits end like I am.

I don't expect to get my money back but I am not going to let Renault get away with such a poor service and product.

Apparently it is supposed to if you have sounds selected on alerts.
I believe the software is a watered down version of NNG and the maps and live traffic are Tomtom.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can choose audio warnings for speed cameras in the navi settings. Mine sais"Speed camera ahead. Please reduce your speed", if I drive too quickly.

Skickat från min SM-T705 via Tapatalk

Just talked with My Renault: "We do not have info that Renault is planning to have a map update in the next 2 months."

I still have 2 months of "free updates". Until now NO UPDATES at all ! I am planing to buy another year of free updates.

Just talked with My Renault: "We do not have info that Renault is planning to have a map update in the next 2 months."
I still have 2 months of "free updates". Until now NO UPDATES at all ! I am planing to buy another year of free updates.

Bying "free" updates? Sorry, just had to send a smiley

You can choose audio warnings for speed cameras in the navi settings. Mine sais"Speed camera ahead. Please reduce your speed", if I drive too quickly.

Yes I know thank you Karl. I used the word apparently as mine don't work even set to on. Just one of the many irritants of the shitty thing. Today's little gem was switching off the engine opening the door and it wouldn't switch off as it normally does

1 hour ago, Karl said:

Bying "free" updates? Sorry, just had to send a smiley emoji6.png

It was an irony....

On RENAULT site they advertise R Link 2 with these words: "15% of roads in Europe change each year. With the map updates available on the R-LINK store your journeys are serene."

We have 2 years old maps so.... just 70% accurate? This mean that you will arrive at your destination 7 times from 10 journeys?

1 hour ago, Buder said:

It was an irony....

On RENAULT site they advertise R Link 2 with these words: "15% of roads in Europe change each year. With the map updates available on the R-LINK store your journeys are serene."

We have 2 years old maps so.... just 70% accurate? This mean that you will arrive at your destination 7 times from 10 journeys?

Got the irony, Buder. I fully agree with you. We had a new bypass opened in May 2015 (exactly two years ago). It´s not on the latest map in my R-link2.... I had planned to send my old TomTom to the electronic graveyard, when I got the built in navigator. Now, it seems like I´d better hold on to it ;-(

Hi guys. We have just recently changed our Renault Captur 2016 to a new Kadjar SNav. If you compare the two, the media nav on the Kadjar is pants. The map is atrocious,voice recognition for phone calls keeps calling someone completely different. One example is I wanted to call Lee and voice recognition advised me that it was calling Stuart.  Dab radio keeps loosing signal.Early days yet we have only had it two weeks. But I know when I go back to the dealer they will advise that they are waiting for an update.

Rik    2

Ive had my Kadjar (SNav) for about 2 weeks and i've also noticed DAB cut outs (NO Signal constantly) and Ipad 2 via bluetooth doesn't seem to be working at all.

What is the lastest version of R-Link2?

Rik

Ive had my Kadjar (SNav) for about 2 weeks and i've also noticed DAB cut outs (NO Signal constantly) and Ipad 2 via bluetooth doesn't seem to be working at all.

What is the lastest version of R-Link2?
Rik

b63b4a30fd17bab7ee9d8f0970a50da7.jpg

Hi Guys,

I called Renault ref R-link/Sat Nav/Maps & complained, about R-Link 2 is waste of space & that we will not get a upgrade to Link 3.

I also told them that whilst travelling home from London a few months ago, whilst still in London the satnav warned me of traffic ahead & offered me a quicker route which I opted for ( more fool me lol) It took me into a housing estate & started directing me around a block of houses lol after going around twice & cancelled route & used Tom Tom app on my mobile.

I also asked about the updated software release & she said it would be soon as it's in the final stages of testing but could not offer any time scale, She said it would fix some of the system glitches i.e. speed camera constant warnings of average speed cameras /speed cameras, possibly the dab radio & that it would solve the map update service, so we will hopefully get the 2 updates a year as stated.

I also complained that my map subscription had just expired & that I'd only had one update in 18 months & that when the new update is released that I would have lost out, so she said would ask the relevant Dept. if I could be compensated in some way (I won't get my hopes on that lol)

Whilst we are waiting for this elusive update, I'm sick of the satnav  constantly repeating "speed camera speed camera"  every few seconds whenever it feels like it & especially with variable cameras that are nowhere to be seen, so much so that I've deactivated the warnings.

I found this that is working for me on android using google maps.

Edited by Blue Dolphin

You need to be more forceful than that. This is a subscription service so it is not acceptable that Renault do not release maps and updates in line with the contract. 

On 28/02/2017 at 0:46 PM, Aerop said:

Guys,

I'm interested to know what bugs and issues everyone has had with R-link 2. I am in consultation with Renault via a customer service complain as well as having the R-Link team engaged looking at my issues.

Here is what I know of so far:

1 - Upon starting the vehicle, the first swipe of the screen is interpreted as a touch/click and takes you into the app where your finger first touched the screen. Once this first touch has happened the screen works as expected.

2 - Navigation ignores live traffic road closures and proceeds to route you down the closed roads.

3 - Live traffic periodically disconnects and discards previously downloaded traffic information mid-journey and then routes you back into the traffic affected areas. R-Link traffic icon on Navigation screens shows disconnected state. - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

4 - Alternative Routes/Detour not being offered or being offered without taking into account the chosen settings (such as the 10 minutes)- This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

5 - Notification that mobile phone has disconnected immediately followed by a message that the phone is now connected. (iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2.1)

6 - DAB radio occasionally stutters, sometimes can roll back to a transmission over 1 minute.

7 - Mobile conversations occasionally stutter.

8 -  No radio text track info displayed - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.
9 - Intermittent DAB signal dropout.
10 -   Issue with the auto change to corresponding FM station when DAB signal drops - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.
11 - Audio warnings for speed cameras don't work on mine
12 - Sat nav ignores my alternative route parameters... and when it does reroute it comes up with some strange alternatives like taking every exit ramp on the M4 and the rejoining the motorway after going round the roundabout ???
13 -  TA doesn't work on mine
14 -  Skipping tracks on USB music...it skips ok but the list that pops up is permanently frozen on the same set of tracks so I don't know what I'm skipping to.
15 -  Flashing message ... no map coverage for current location .. but it knows where I am... maps up to date as they can be June 2015)

16) "No Map Coverage for current location" error displayed

17) Slow response when changing radio stations

18) Intermittent DAB signal dropout - This situation has been identified and should be resolved in the next software update that is soon to be released.

19) RDS Traffic Alerts - The reason why you are not receiving any radio traffic reports is because the Live Services Traffic information and the RDS Traffic information are not provided at the same time. This means that if you have an active subscription of the "TomTom Traffic and Connectivity" you will only receive the traffic information coming from this service. The RDS traffic information is only provided if the customer does not have a subscription for the services.

20) "Mute Not Available" Error when trying to mute a handsfree call.

All the above are present on firmware version 2.2.17.803

Where Renault have confirmed a fix will be made in the up-coming firmware release this will be noted alongside the problem/error.

Let me know your issues and I'll add them to the list. My plan is to collate all the issues and send them off to Renault for an explanation/plan to fix them.

I have an Android vodafone smart six and i cant get the Kadjar to link with my phone via blutooth unless i make a call first anyone else have this.

On 05/03/2017 at 2:13 PM, Asif said:

Hi guys, 

i have one question. 

My Renault Kadjar has a problem with tpms sensors. 

The problem is when i start my car i have a message like "Tyres location failure" after when i start driving after a few miles the tyres pressure shows up until my next stop and start. 

Local dealer coudnt do nothing i was there 3 times they restart the system, programed the tpms sensors but i still have this problem. 

Maybe someone from you had the same problem and can tell me solution ? 

Thanks in advance 

At least your stop start works lol

Edited by Mash4077
Spelling

HWA    2

Got firmware version 2.2.17.803 (boot release 4992 ) and several issues are the same as OP and even more e.g. Havn't seen the Active braking assistant in action at all - not even driving close to the car in front of me) - so not seen this 'in action' at all like this youtube video below - so maybe this is bug no. 21/22? 

Is there a new firmware version available (the dealer in DK doesn't acknowledge there's any issues)     - got this

Got firmware version 2.2.17.803 (boot release 4992 ) and several issues are the same as OP and even more e.g. Havn't seen the Active braking assistant in action at all - not even driving close to the car in front of me) - so not seen this 'in action' at all like this youtube video below - so maybe this is bug no. 21/22? 

Is there a new firmware version available (the dealer in DK doesn't acknowledge there's any issues)     - got this

Did you buy the active braking as an optional extra as it's not a standard feature?

HWA    2
21 hours ago, 1964 said:

Did you buy the active braking as an optional extra as it's not a standard feature?

Bought the Bose model with the Technopack: parkering assistent,

• Front & rear parking sensors & rear view camera and hands free parking, Lane Departure Warning and the (AEBS) Emergency Brake Assist 

I know this may sound daft but is the option to turn it on and off in your settings menu actually there. They might have forgotten to activate it when programming the unit.

HWA    2

In DK AEBS are in the tekno pack (only one)   

• Front & rear parking sensors & rear view camera and hands free parking, Lane Departure Warning and the (AEBS) Emergency Brake Assist