• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Powered tailgate for the weekend
6 6

38 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2017 at 3:06 PM, ballantine said:

What happens when you push the OEM rectangle button in the trunk?
a ) when the trunk is open?
b ) when the trunk is closed? 

What happes when you push the OEM round button in the trunk?
a ) when the trunk is open?
b ) when the trunk is closed?

And will the doors be locked when you close the trunk by "close trunk" button? Or do you have to wait the trunk to be closed and then lock the car?

I've done the reply for this and its just keeps niggling away at me.  

The last question  'And will the doors be locked when you close the trunk by "close trunk" button? Or do you have to wait the trunk to be closed and then lock the car? '

As I dont have walk away locking my mission is to get the tailgate to lock the doors when  it is closed. 

I've already asked questions of the lift developer but not heard anything back yet,  its logical that it would work like that 

On 21/02/2017 at 11:46 PM, darenh said:

I've done the reply for this and its just keeps niggling away at me.  

The last question  'And will the doors be locked when you close the trunk by "close trunk" button? Or do you have to wait the trunk to be closed and then lock the car? '

As I dont have walk away locking my mission is to get the tailgate to lock the doors when  it is closed. 

I've already asked questions of the lift developer but not heard anything back yet,  its logical that it would work like that 

Best operation would be when close the trunk by using "close trunk" button all the doors will be locked when the trunk is closed. And when you push the OEM rectangle button, trunk closes without the car getting locked. Then you would have both options.

I don't think the walk away locking would lock the car either when the trunk is open ja you've probably walked away that far before the trunk is fully closed, so the doors won't lock when closing trunk even if you had walk away locking.

Best operation would be when close the trunk by using "close trunk" button all the doors will be locked when the trunk is closed. And when you push the OEM rectangle button, trunk closes without the car getting locked. Then you would have both options.

I don't think the walk away locking would lock the car either when the trunk is open ja you've probably walked away that far before the trunk is fully closed, so the doors won't lock when closing trunk even if you had walk away locking.

Yep, been thinking about it think I have a work around in my head, I have flappy mirrors, glove box light and can live with the locking.
Just a matter of working the locking, will have a poke around at the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, darenh said:

Updated boot kick closing with locking

Is it possible that you would do some sort of "overall tutorial" about all of this? For eg. how did you manage that auto closing with locking?

And is it possible to disable the beep sound? And why are the tail lights flickering during the mirror folding?

Is it possible that you would do some sort of "overall tutorial" about all of this? For eg. how did you manage that auto closing with locking?

And is it possible to disable the beep sound? And why are the tail lights flickering during the mirror folding?

Bleeping isn't as loud when outside in the open, the bleeper can be left off it just plugs in.

The tail lights don't flicker well not to the naked eye, led light drivers switch on and off very quickly, pulse width modulation PWM, you just can't see it but when viewed through a camera the shutter speed is out of sync so it shows up on recordings, you can compensate for this if you were a serious videographer.

As for a full write up, I think I've done the bulk of pointers, along with the new installation instructions from the suppliers should be pretty straight forward to fit.

The additions, boot switch is just paired of the boot button, while the locking is a relay and a diode powered from the suction motor that activates the lock. Probably a wiring diagram would help with that one.

Now if only I could find someone to scrape the can signal and program a reader I could have walk away locking.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, darenh said:

Let me first say I like my gadgets, some people get a car full stop, a few might just make it there own, I guess it's from my teens when customising your wheels with velour and tassels was what we did.

Well I couldn't resist it, after a lot of research it was down to two company's. Then many more emails. I purchased this last week

http://www.che1.com/product/tl105-electric-tailgate-lift-assist-system/

Shipping was 5 days through DHL and as I said elsewhere, had to pay duty/vat, first time in a long time so can't complain.

Questions to Che1 were answered by return, pre purchase, I even got the installation instructions, the original although the installation has changed now.

The package was well packed with a box in a shipping box, in the box were lots of bags of cables and a few parts

82d33de1de44c3433de3ca51212a329e.jpg

26558a01c664c46909bdbdd50096ecd1.jpg

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, darenh said:

Let me first say I like my gadgets, some people get a car full stop, a few might just make it there own, I guess it's from my teens when customising your wheels with velour and tassels was what we did.

Well I couldn't resist it, after a lot of research it was down to two company's. Then many more emails. I purchased this last week

http://www.che1.com/product/tl105-electric-tailgate-lift-assist-system/

Shipping was 5 days through DHL and as I said elsewhere, had to pay duty/vat, first time in a long time so can't complain.

Questions to Che1 were answered by return, pre purchase, I even got the installation instructions, the original although the installation has changed now.

The package was well packed with a box in a shipping box, in the box were lots of bags of cables and a few parts

82d33de1de44c3433de3ca51212a329e.jpg

26558a01c664c46909bdbdd50096ecd1.jpg

@darenh

I've just finished installing this kit and it works fine. Only problem is that the gate doesn't close evenly on both sides. Left side goes deeper than right side. I've tried to adjust the latch, but it affects on both sides. Do you know how to adjust gate closing depth on both sides separately?

And other question: do you know why the dash button illumination goes blank when the car is started and lights up again when the engine is stopped?

I still have the foot switch waiting for installation but I'm not quite sure where to get 12V and ACC power from the tailgate. Installation instructions that came with this kit are pretty useless.

On 17/02/2018 at 10:14 AM, ballantine said:

@darenh

I've just finished installing this kit and it works fine. Only problem is that the gate doesn't close evenly on both sides. Left side goes deeper than right side. I've tried to adjust the latch, but it affects on both sides. Do you know how to adjust gate closing depth on both sides separately?

And other question: do you know why the dash button illumination goes blank when the car is started and lights up again when the engine is stopped?

I still have the foot switch waiting for installation but I'm not quite sure where to get 12V and ACC power from the tailgate. Installation instructions that came with this kit are pretty useless.

On the tailgate or on the tailgate opening  there are adjustment rubber bumpers, one on either side, it’s a case of adjusting up and down both sides to get the tailgate to sit right, this in conjunction with the latch adjustment some it isn’t over tightening to strain.  It’s a bit like firing any panel again, alignment etc.

The dash switch illumination is controlled if the vehicle can, I suppose they have done it like this to prevent distraction although it wouldn’t in this case it may do on other vehicles as it’s a generic control ecu.

Two options for your power,

1 run back to the power pickup in the footwell.

2 splice into the power line in the rear, the one you have run in.

of course don’t forget to use an inline fuse in either case at the source and fuse appropriately to protect the cable.

A lot of accessories come with fuses/ holders but are inappropriately sited.

I absolutely love this I have to say. I am partial to giving things a go myself but I am afraid that even this is too much for me given the number of features that you have added! Nice one though, you have added a couple of features that I believe should have been added to the Kadjar anyway!