So now I have the dreaded alarm problem...
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I know this is a common issue with the Kadjar, mines a 15 plate and has now started the alarm issue. Just goes off for no apparent reason. Seems to be within a few minutes of driving.  For example I drive to work 1hr commute. Park car and walk to my office by the time i reach the front door (50 yards or so) the alarm may start going off. Seems worse now the cold weather has come... thought it maybe related to the heat in the cabin from the heater cooling down maybe? if I turn the sensors off as suggested in another thread the problem doesnt occur but it's knowing when the car feels like setting the alarm off I dont really want to have to turn the sensors off everytime I lock the car.  

Does anyone have any more knowledge on this issue that I can prod the garage on when I eventually take it in?

Thanks.

Most have been the tilt sensor was faulty I'm due to have 3 things changed been waiting ages for the parts so just a waiting game for the garage to ring me when they have them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There seems to be a lot written about this in the past. I think the majority of the problems were the internal sensors above the A pillars. It seems as if the problematic ones were pointing upwards. To get over the problem it was suggested that the sensors should be pointed towards the back window and slightly down. This seemed to make the problem go away but am uncertain. Might be worth a try though .

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies, I tried the A pillar thing but no joy. I will mention the tilt sensor when I get chance to take it to Renault but as they only open Monday to Friday it's difficult to get the time off.

Had my alarm replaced twice now at the dealers 3 times including at the import centre and still issues got to go back in on 28th for more checks but have had a few occasions when starting up the car it bleeps (like alarm resetting ) but have noticed it when parked half on half off the kerb

Love the car but getting frustrated now

My Dealer told my case manager
It's a kadjar thing which her reply was that's not good enough. It needs fixing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi had my alarm system changed but problem still persisted so they gave me a diagnostic check to do after alarm had gone off:-

Disarm the system;

Press unlock button on OEM remote 5 times quickly within 5 seconds;

The siren will generate the error code (a number of beeps)

Count the beeps it will give you the cause of the alarm activating:

1 beep - ultrasonic sensor

2 beeps -  Tilt Sensor

3 beeps - External battery disconnected

4 beeps - Driver door

5 beeps - Passenger front door

6 beeps Paseenger rear nearside

7 beeps - Passenger rear offside

8 beeps - Hood (from serial input)

9 beeps - analogical hood input

10 beeps - Trunk

11 beeps - ignition