• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Alarm
3 3

12 posts in this topic

I have had to stay awake all night as my car alarm keeps going off.  I rang the RAC, it's Motability, and the alarm would not go off while he was there.  As we were going to bed it started again.  We live in a close of 6 bungalows for disabled people any it would have been horrendous for them if it had kept going so I was ready to go out and turn it off with the key.  I looked through instruction books about disabling the alarm but I could find nothing that would help me. Is this common and does anyone have any advice.

Mine kept going off one night shortly after getting it and reading the thread.

In the morning I discovered I had left the window open ever so slightly, the air was affecting the ultrasonic sensor in the cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did the same except on the RAC second visit it would not stop even with the engine switched on. It was towed away with the alarm and warning lights still flashing. The garage disconnected the tilt sensor and that seemed to fix it. I still get problems from time to time with it going off after I park it but it is going in for its first service in March so I will struggle on for the time being.

If you lock the car but hold the lock button in till you hear 4 beeps I think it is it disables the alarm well it disables the sensors inside the cab when I go pay for fuel and leave the little one in the car I have to do this or the alarm goes off lol...... and the little one just sits there laughing hear head off lol I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my alarm replaced today took about a hour an a half but if your alarm goes off with this one you quickly press the unlock button several times until it beeps it then beeps up too 12 times each one a fault so if it stops at say 7 beeps and it's for arguments sake the sensors you can tell them then they can replace the sensors. But when he told me i did say "Hopefully it won't go off at all now for me to find out" when he laughed and said "Yeah hopefully all is ok now".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Notty72 said:

Had my alarm replaced today took about a hour an a half but if your alarm goes off with this one you quickly press the unlock button several times until it beeps it then beeps up too 12 times each one a fault so if it stops at say 7 beeps and it's for arguments sake the sensors you can tell them then they can replace the sensors. But when he told me i did say "Hopefully it won't go off at all now for me to find out" when he laughed and said "Yeah hopefully all is ok now".

Hope it's sorted mate and you won't have to see Paul again any time soon :)

Paul doesn't work on that side now m8 there's a new younger bloke Richard i think his name is though Paul is still there, and yeah fingers crossed seems ok so far locked it a few times today with no grief but as you know that can be short lived. Well only got to wait till November next year to change it though don't get me wrong it drives well but it's not well made well not the early adopters ones lol.