• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

R-Link 2 Iphone Bluetooth problem
2 2

31 posts in this topic

So, I have been browsing this forum for a bit and found one thread that was about my problem, I guess, but it was flodded with Android answers. That didn't really help me out :) 

Anyhow, the problem I have, is that I can connect my iPhone 6s Plus to R-Link. I can use the phone but for some reason, when I'm heading into Media, the bluetooth is grey. 
I bought the car yesterday and the dealer who had an old Samsung could connect, play music via bluetooth. 
Then I picked up my wife, who has a iPhone 7. Connected and could play music via bluetooth. 

So this morning, I got my old iPhone 5 out. With IOS 9 on it, but the same problem continued. I mean, is it just me the car hates? ;) 

I have tried all the basic stuff, restart my iPhone, re-connect it to R-Link and all that jaz. Do anyone in here have any suggestions on what to do next? 

My daughter's iPhone 6s has no issue connecting and streaming Spotify music on my Bose edition R-Link 2. My iPhone 7 Plus is also okay.

I would suggest that you consider backing up your iPhone 6s Plus, do a factory reset, then test if it works. If it works, you know your phone is okay, then restore your backup and see if the issue is still there. If it is, too bad, you would have to reset your phone and not restore your backup.

I know it's going to be very tedious, but I see this is the only option. Btw, is your phone OS updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2017-02-04 at 2:40 PM, zard2004 said:

My daughter's iPhone 6s has no issue connecting and streaming Spotify music on my Bose edition R-Link 2. My iPhone 7 Plus is also okay.

I would suggest that you consider backing up your iPhone 6s Plus, do a factory reset, then test if it works. If it works, you know your phone is okay, then restore your backup and see if the issue is still there. If it is, too bad, you would have to reset your phone and not restore your backup.

I know it's going to be very tedious, but I see this is the only option. Btw, is your phone OS updated?

Thanks for the respond! Yes it is. And my wife have the same iOS as well.. 

i guess I will have try the reset, but I think it's really odd that it doesn't work :/ 

once again, thanks for the respond 

Thanks for the respond! Yes it is. And my wife have the same iOS as well.. 
i guess I will have try the reset, but I think it's really odd that it doesn't work :/ 
once again, thanks for the respond 

In the Android, doing a factory reset is common. I was using Android, using even custom roms and doing nandroid backup and wiping etc. Only in late 2015 did I get my first iPhone, 6s plus and realised that iOS, like MAC OS, will just work and doesn't need any reset (almost, only in rare occasions). In fact, I did once after a few months as being new to iphone, after getting familiar with it, decided to reset and customise the home screen and get rid of all apps I tested and only download what I need.

When I got my 7s plus, I restored my 6s plus backup to it, but it didn't work well, but at least I got my WhatsApp back, so I could use backuptrans (paid windows app) to backup my WhatsApp, reset and restored the WhatsApp backup on the 7s plus.

Good luck! I'm sure that after your reset, you should be able to solve your R-Link 2 media connection.

I have the same problem and had it over a year now. Me and my girlfriend cannot stream music because the bluetooth button in Media is grey. I have tried everything. Changes from iPhone 6 to 6S to 7. Two of my friends could connect for the first time and started streaming from Spotify. I have always the same backup from my apple ID so can it be somekind of settings in my phone or app that is stopping it from working?

On 2017-02-06 at 6:16 PM, ivarpeturs said:

I have the same problem and had it over a year now. Me and my girlfriend cannot stream music because the bluetooth button in Media is grey. I have tried everything. Changes from iPhone 6 to 6S to 7. Two of my friends could connect for the first time and started streaming from Spotify. I have always the same backup from my apple ID so can it be somekind of settings in my phone or app that is stopping it from working?

I have no idéa about the settings. I dont think so. My dealer told me that "sometimes, the bluetooth dont speak the same language. That is just a little fuzzy answer in my opinion and they blamed apple and not Renault for the misstake. 

3 hours ago, Bpaige123 said:

Curious to see if you got this resolved, Im having the same issue 

I have not yet find a solution to this problem. I have tried a hard reset on my phone, with a copy. Not with a clean copy. Cause, when I tried it with my iPhone 5s, that didnt work either, so I just cant see how it will work on my iPhone 6S Plus. 

I have a old Samsung S4 just laying around at home. Im thinking of reset that. And then share the internet on my iPhone 6s to that and stream my music that way. Or just get an extra SIM-card from my provider :-) 

Its just a greate solution, but it works anyway..

On 2017-02-07 at 3:21 PM, Bpaige123 said:

Curious to see if you got this resolved, Im having the same issue 

Haven't solved this yet :(
Still the same problem and I think that I will not try to fix it either. If handsfree didnt work, that would have been a know issue that its bluetooth related. But when that work and media dosnt. Its really wierd.. 

13 hours ago, livelifetothefull said:

I don't use an iPhone for media sharing with the R-Link, but I believe you need to activate home sharing for this to happen. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/software/how-enable-home-sharing-on-iphone-3318360/  Good luck!

No, you dont have to. That is to share it on another iPhone/iPad/Macbook, and has nothing to do with bluetooth problems.

Perhaps I misread your problem. I thought you could use the phone by Bluetooth, but not media. When my wife's 5S is connected by Bluetooth the phone works, but media doesn't. As she doesn't listen to music it isn't a problem. BUT we have seen a notification on R-Link that says something like "If you want to use media with this device you need to allow data sharing". Hence my earlier post. Have you tried it?

Perhaps I misread your problem. I thought you could use the phone by Bluetooth, but not media. When my wife's 5S is connected by Bluetooth the phone works, but media doesn't. As she doesn't listen to music it isn't a problem. BUT we have seen a notification on R-Link that says something like "If you want to use media with this device you need to allow data sharing". Hence my earlier post. Have you tried it?

That's data also, nothing to do with Bluetooth connection

I just got a new Megane and have this/a similar problem. My iPhone 6s pairs, and all other features work fine (phone, contacts etc.) but the music (any source, Spotify, Youtube, Pandora, iTunes) will not play via Bluetooth. 

In Media, it shows up as connected to my iPhone Bluetooth, but it is greyed out. Other people have connected theirs and it works straight away. Even the same phone model with same OS.  I can't seem to find any options for a fix, but given this is my first Renault, its pretty disappointing, especially given it seems to be a fairly common issue experienced by quite a few owners.

I bought a Koleos a month ago and Spotify has been working fine via bluetooth and USB on my phone. Everytime I plugged in the USB to my phone however it would initially boot up and play that 'free' U2 album everyone was given a few years ago on their iPhones. It annoyed me so I deleted the album(it was the only music on my iTunes) from my phone. Now the car won't play spotify from my iphone and the USB and Bluetooth buttons on the media are greyed out. So I'm thinking you may need a song in your iTunes for the car to pick it up. I would check now but it's 2am and I'm dealing with a 2 year old with brutal gastro.

Ok, so after some testing I've thankfully got this sorted now, and it is as jemmyjembo mentioned above.

I tried using a USB connected to my iPhone, exactly the same issue. Tried my wife's phone which is an iPhone 7 but same OS, it was also exactly the same. After some resets and testing with/without apps I then noticed a very brief message pop up on the R-Link saying no files found on device. This is correct, as I haven't synced my own music library to my iPhone for a couple of years now. So I wondered if the iPhone had to have at least one physical song in the Apple iTunes/Music library for the R-Link 2 to see and connect to it as an audio device.

So, given that I wasn't at home, I subscribed for a free Apple Music trial. Downloaded some Stereophonics albums, and then tried again. Guess what, connected straight away. Can now stream Spotify, Pandora, they all work now.

So, in summary for those that can't be bothered reading the whole thread. Make sure you have music in your iOS device's Music app before connecting to the R-Link 2, either your from own music library or downloaded from the store.

17 hours ago, jemmyjembo said:

I bought a Koleos a month ago and Spotify has been working fine via bluetooth and USB on my phone. Everytime I plugged in the USB to my phone however it would initially boot up and play that 'free' U2 album everyone was given a few years ago on their iPhones. It annoyed me so I deleted the album(it was the only music on my iTunes) from my phone. Now the car won't play spotify from my iphone and the USB and Bluetooth buttons on the media are greyed out. So I'm thinking you may need a song in your iTunes for the car to pick it up. I would check now but it's 2am and I'm dealing with a 2 year old with brutal gastro.

Yep, so I bought a Taylor Swift song (for my daughter I swear) for $2.19(I live in Australia) and my Spotify is up and running via USB and Bluetooth. Happy days.

BUT 

has anyone hit the holy grail of Rlink2 and been able to control Spotify from the  rlink2 browser?

ie. been able to select Spotify playlists and individual songs or albums?

I don't think you can, Rlink2 only sees Apple Music files and cannot see inside the Spotify app allowing you to control it. 

If anyone knows otherwise you should probably work for Renault or Spotify!

On 04/05/2017 at 6:23 PM, Kadingo said:

BUT 

has anyone hit the holy grail of Rlink2 and been able to control Spotify from the  rlink2 browser?

ie. been able to select Spotify playlists and individual songs or albums?

I don't think you can, Rlink2 only sees Apple Music files and cannot see inside the Spotify app allowing you to control it. 

If anyone knows otherwise you should probably work for Renault or Spotify!

Not quite the same, but I have an Amazon Music sub and have downloaded loads of albums from there. To keep the phone charge up, I do connect via USB.

Once the media source is changed to the USB feed, I can access the phone content from R-Link (by artist/album + basic search). So R-Link does recognise non- Apple files.

Hi everyone, i had the same annoying problem. Solved it by Buying 1 song to be saved on the iTunes app. Apparently you need to have at least track in your media library for r-link to recognize the iPhone as a media player. Now it streams music  via USB dock stick as well as via Bluetooth without any problem. 

On 22/06/2017 at 6:58 PM, Murad Ahmed said:

Hi everyone, i had the same annoying problem. Solved it by Buying 1 song to be saved on the iTunes app. Apparently you need to have at least track in your media library for r-link to recognize the iPhone as a media player. Now it streams music  via USB dock stick as well as via Bluetooth without any problem. 

hi everyone,

SOLVED THE PROBLEM

i was also suffering from this annoying problem.

As Murad Ahmed said if you have at least one song at your iPhone then rlink recognizes your iphone . You can connect via ipod connection usb or without usb (just bluetooth) you can change source to bluetooth and play anything on rlink with this connection.

i will try to post screenshots soon...

On ٢١‏/٣‏/٢٠١٧ at 11:31 PM, leemondthefirst said:
Ok, so after some testing I've thankfully got this sorted now, and it is as jemmyjembo mentioned above.

I tried using a USB connected to my iPhone, exactly the same issue. Tried my wife's phone which is an iPhone 7 but same OS, it was also exactly the same. After some resets and testing with/without apps I then noticed a very brief message pop up on the R-Link saying no files found on device. This is correct, as I haven't synced my own music library to my iPhone for a couple of years now. So I wondered if the iPhone had to have at least one physical song in the Apple iTunes/Music library for the R-Link 2 to see and connect to it as an audio device.

So, given that I wasn't at home, I subscribed for a free Apple Music trial. Downloaded some Stereophonics albums, and then tried again. Guess what, connected straight away. Can now stream Spotify, Pandora, they all work now.

So, in summary for those that can't be bothered reading the whole thread. Make sure you have music in your iOS device's Music app before connecting to the R-Link 2, either your from own music library or downloaded from the store.

thank you :)

SOLVED THE PROBLEM 

On 21/3/2017 at 9:31 PM, leemondthefirst said:

Same problem here. I have a renault megane 4 bought last month and I have to buy a song on Itunes to listen the music on the phone. I search on the web for many days and finally the solution here!. Thanks a lot!!!

On 3/6/2017 at 9:50 AM, leemondthefirst said:

I just got a new Megane and have this/a similar problem. My iPhone 6s pairs, and all other features work fine (phone, contacts etc.) but the music (any source, Spotify, Youtube, Pandora, iTunes) will not play via Bluetooth. 

In Media, it shows up as connected to my iPhone Bluetooth, but it is greyed out. Other people have connected theirs and it works straight away. Even the same phone model with same OS.  I can't seem to find any options for a fix, but given this is my first Renault, its pretty disappointing, especially given it seems to be a fairly common issue experienced by quite a few owners.

I have the opposite problem. My Megane (2 days old) will connect to the media option no probs but won't connect to my phone & is greyed out. It also doesn't show any artwork, artist info when streaming from Spotify or direct from my phone. Most frustrating.