Kadjar Annoyances
3 3

140 posts in this topic

Twice now I've got out of our Kadjar and spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why the doors won't lock only to discover that I've forgot to press the stop/start button to turn the engine off.

On reflection perhaps I should be more annoyed with myself than the car.

Twice now I've got out of our Kadjar and spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why the doors won't lock only to discover that I've forgot to press the stop/start button to turn the engine off.

Damn that car for not turning itself off, I'd complain about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it is quiet or I need my ears checking.

More likely xx years of driving cars with keys which have to be removed from ignition in order to lock the doors.

This new fangled keyless stuff is clearly beyond me.

I hope it is quiet or I need my ears checking.
More likely xx years of driving cars with keys which have to be removed from ignition in order to lock the doors.
This new fangled keyless stuff is clearly beyond me.

It does take some efforts from us to get use to keyless engine world.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 25/02/2017 at 7:56 PM, Swiss said:

I won't go into detail about my views on the teachers. Words like lazy, incorrect etc spring to mind. Having had to deal with them to get the boy though GCSEs this year we decided to ignore them and sort tutors ourselves as they could simply not be trusted in this area.

Are you a fan of Michael Gove by any chance?  he too was someone who thought he knew about education whilst having (I presume) never been employed in the sector.  To slate the entire profession as lazy (oh that'll be the holidays chestnut again) and incorrect (because you know better no doubt - home schooling is an option, you know - good luck knowing every topic in detail to degree level) is naive and I will treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve.

Besides, are tutors not just teachers?  To employ ones own tutor when you think they are lazy and incorrect is economics of the madhouse, surely?  Oh but your selection was probably the complete opposite; hard working and accurate - amazing what results you can get when you're one to one with a student - I'd love to have that!

I think you should spend a month working in a large comprehensive school as a teacher and then say teachers are lazy and incorrect - you may just adjust your view after you've been sworn at 3 times a day, marked 75 books in detail and done a 40 hour week every week.

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

But are you old enough to remember these ?
I remember them on my mothers VDub when I were a lad emoji33.png
3b77b09002ae29183554f40dc50016fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first car, a Ford Pop "Sit -up-and-beg" had those, along with vacuum operated wipers, 6 volt electrics and rod operated brakes.

I remember having to bang on "B" pillar to get the arms to retract if going over 30mph.

The car was a deluxe model though, in that it came equipped with a heater.

All together now,"Youngsters today ......"

2 hours ago, thecookster said:

Are you a fan of Michael Gove by any chance?  he too was someone who thought he knew about education whilst having (I presume) never been employed in the sector.  To slate the entire profession as lazy (oh that'll be the holidays chestnut again) and incorrect (because you know better no doubt - home schooling is an option, you know - good luck knowing every topic in detail to degree level) is naive and I will treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve.

Besides, are tutors not just teachers?  To employ ones own tutor when you think they are lazy and incorrect is economics of the madhouse, surely?  Oh but your selection was probably the complete opposite; hard working and accurate - amazing what results you can get when you're one to one with a student - I'd love to have that!

I think you should spend a month working in a large comprehensive school as a teacher and then say teachers are lazy and incorrect - you may just adjust your view after you've been sworn at 3 times a day, marked 75 books in detail and done a 40 hour week every week.

I am currently dealing with them daily / weekly, so yes I am intrinsically aware of the work they do and the perceptions. I am stating that the institutions I deal with that they feel they work hard (do not) , they are badly organised in planning (I have many many cases of this) and as such have decided that to maximise my son's potential I cannot rely on them. Maybe they are too busy, but I cannot see how.

I also stated that not ALL are this way as it is over generalisation. However, maybe my expectations are too high, but I have ensured I do not rely on a system that does not complete the syllabus in time, actually teaches incorrect facts etc. So, based upon that i am having to expend effort to ensure that the syllabus is dealt with, the preparation for how to do the exams is correct etc. If I am having to review the teacher's work, and yes I sub-contract to external teachers, but they I have interviewed and vetted, then there is something fundamentally incorrect.

On 26/02/2017 at 8:31 AM, turboted10 said:

We should rename this topic. How many different none Kadjar related subjects can we cover in 1 thread:D:D:D, I'm guilty as charged on that 1.

Like I said, "how man.............";)

I've not struggled with the doors but I have stalled the car when I hadn't stopped the engine. It was when the car was parked with some steering lock on and the wheel spokes obscured the rev counter.

Have to add it is monumentally quieter than my earlier qashqai.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Wife'sKdj said:

I always use the little black button in the door handle to lock/unlock the car. Lost count of the times I have left my key in my coat pocket ( in the car ) and wondered why the doors won't lock