2 2

12 posts in this topic

Just like to say hi  

Ive had my Kadjar a month now and have found this forum really helpful,I too cant understand why the switch gear for the windows ,mirrors have no illumination,or why when I have Led  headlamps ,drl but halogen fog lamps.This is my first Renault after many years as a blue oval owner,and I have to say i am finding the Kadjar very comfortable.

Now here's a thing, on our car the switch on the driver's door for the driver's window is illuminated. None of the others are.

Is this a record?

Car is a Sig Nav delivered early October 16.

Everyone has that single lit button ...the switches are lifted straight out of the qashqai parts bin.Apparently Nissan don't favour illuminated switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

My mistake, from previous threads on this topic I thought none lit. Only just noticed the light on ours.

What's going on - I've just said this.

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

Everyone has that single lit button ...the switches are lifted straight out of the qashqai parts bin.Apparently Nissan don't favour illuminated switches.

this is interesting the switch for folding back the mirrors and for adjusting the mirrors went faulty  2 weeks ago so it went back to the dealership last Friday for a new one and I was out driving in the dark for the first time since the new switch was fitted and I noticed that it lights up and I am sure that the old switch did this . Can anybody tell if There's light up.

this is interesting the switch for folding back the mirrors and for adjusting the mirrors went faulty  2 weeks ago so it went back to the dealership last Friday for a new one and I was out driving in the dark for the first time since the new switch was fitted and I noticed that it lights up and I am sure that the old switch did this . Can anybody tell if There's light up.

Mirror switches are not lit in pre November models .

Cue everyone ordering new switches......

Certainly interesting if it is now lit... the window switches don't bother me as the single light guides you in and they are much easier to find by touch.The mirror switches are a bit harder as they are lost in the dark .. black plastic on a black background.Its a bit of a fumble to find them.I like to tilt the passenger mirror down to assist reversing in unfamiliar places, to avoid kerbing the alloys, so lit ones would be a definite bonus.

On 25/01/2017 at 1:59 PM, 1964 said:

And dipping into Nissan philosophy and the parts bin is why a very good car isn't a bloody good car. It does have too much Japanese in it's genes, they do do things a different way. Hope that's not racial, just mean't they do things differently and stick with it.  Hopefully next gen Renault MPV's will be french with Nissan picking up the design

On 15/02/2017 at 0:47 PM, DAVE MORSE said:

Memo to all cagey owners, break the mirror switch for free updated parts.:D:D, or am I :ph34r: