Speed sign recognition
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

I noticed yesterday that whilst the car tells me if a speed limit is 20, 30, 40 etc, the camera doesn't recognise the national speed limit sign (I.e: the white background with the black diagonal line) - does anyone else notice this?

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Simspa said:

Hi all

I noticed yesterday that whilst the car tells me if a speed limit is 20, 30, 40 etc, the camera doesn't recognise the national speed limit sign (I.e: the white background with the black diagonal line) - does anyone else notice this?

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

National speed limits are road type dependent and you are expected to know them. 

Old thread but new owner coming in with 2 pennies worth...

Why doesn’t it just show the National sign on the instrumental panel like it shows a sign for 20, 30, 40 signs etc. ? Could be the sign itself I guess, after all it’s a black diagonal line on a white background - guess it will be difficult to pick this up. 

21 hours ago, Mapleleaf said:

Old thread but new owner coming in with 2 pennies worth...

Why doesn’t it just show the National sign on the instrumental panel like it shows a sign for 20, 30, 40 signs etc. ? Could be the sign itself I guess, after all it’s a black diagonal line on a white background - guess it will be difficult to pick this up. 

Maybe it a euro thing, do they use the same symbol as in the UK, if not they aren't going to accomodate the UK even before we pressed the button. You could ask the same question about variable motorway speed cameras I guess.

Possibly the camera can only recognize white signs with a red border which the black stripey 1 doesn't have?