• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Speed camera warnings.
3 3

14 posts in this topic

I have read previous reports on this topic, as well as replies. My problem is I have been receiving visual and audio warnings of approaching speed camera's , but have suddenly both stopped. I have tried to remedy this by resetting all warning icons concerning this, as well as doing a full reset, which sets to default. In some cases turning off items, these I immediately turn on again. But whatever I do does not remedy the problem. As already stated I have read previous answers to similar problems, and have used these practices, but still have the problems. It seems strange that previous owners only lost audio warning and not both as I have.

Select system, sounds and warnings. Once in speed camera warnings select information icon, bottom right of page. This will show " restart". Press this and the system audio asks if you wish to reset that page to  "default " , factory settings. Select yes. Although you will find that some sections actually revert to " off " , which you will have to manually reset.

As I have tried most things I will probably take your advice unfurled and contact Renault.

Hi Steve many thanks for your reply I have tried to do a restart 3 times today but still got the same problem have you contacted your Renault dealer yet please let me know how you go on cheers Dave

Hi Dave. Seems like you had the same outcome as me. Yes did contact Renault dealership where I purchased the vehicle. After explaining the fault they booked the vehicle in straight away with the service department. Stating that car should be left with them for the day as "sat nav "problems sometimes are not straightforward. Their response made me think that this had not been the first time they had encountered this. Suggest you do the same. Purchased vehicle last September and had worked correctly until now. Good luck.... Steve.

Hi Steve good news I have managed to sort mine out yesterday I went back to the Renault dealer one of the sales men came out to my car sat in the passenger seat for about 20 min's pressing buttons but could not sort it out so he decided to book the car in the workshop on Friday 3rd of Feb this is the best he could do  . so I went home feeling a bit p**toff  and tried to do yet another reset and this time it worked I am now happy again. cheers Dave. 

Guys, Completed a full factory reset this morning. Beware this will delete any data you have put into the system. Took ages to set up all presets and settings again. Went for drive to find a speed camera, and behold both visual and audio warning activated. Let's hope this lasts. Will not cancel service booking, until fully satisfied that problem solved.

Steve S.

I discovered through Renault that if your initial 12 month R Link package has expired, which is supplied when purchasing a new Kadjar, then you will lose all Speed Camera warnings. This is supplied via Tom Tom and discovery packages. I have had the same problem recently, trying resets. It turns out package had expired. This should show up on the screen ( top right ) , where it shows a number of notifications in the system. I have now taken out a 3 year extension of these services. But I would warn you this is not easy, as dealerships do not seem equipped to do this. I had to go through a Renault technician, via the website.

Obviously if this is not the problem then after a reset it will require you to find a speed camera to see if there is activation. Also ensure that all values are set correctly as after a reset the system reverts to factory default.

Hi Ours is a March 2016 sig nav 4x4 we have NOT PAID for any maps or packages as CANNOT load new maps even if I want to   BUT SPEED CAMERA WARNINGS DO STILL WORK ON OURS AT LEAST , AS DOES RE ROUTE FOR traffic issues not sure if it should but it dooooooo🤔

JC. 😎😎☕️☕️

18 hours ago, J C said:

Hi Ours is a March 2016 sig nav 4x4 we have NOT PAID for any maps or packages as CANNOT load new maps even if I want to   BUT SPEED CAMERA WARNINGS DO STILL WORK ON OURS AT LEAST , AS DOES RE ROUTE FOR traffic issues not sure if it should but it dooooooo🤔

JC. 😎😎☕️☕️

Mine is now about 18 months old and still works fine so I think that may be a red herring. Has worked fine now for about a month, that's a new record.