• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Interior light fuse
2 2

7 posts in this topic

For reference here's where the interior light fuse is, it's a pain to get to so be patient when attempting to replace it if you have to.

Just a note if you are attempting to install any lighting tagged on to the interior light close the doors first so there is no power to the interior lights. This is also true if you use the sidebar information, connections in the A pilar it's the same wiring

1e5962d24541d11cfde68bc6c1441f69.jpg

This is the legend on the back of the fuse cover in the glove box. The interior light fuse is shown at the top 10A

d5a2e1a323aae1b7a7a5f406a9c4a2d9.jpg

The cover removed, the fuse is at the top above the brown connector with the red wires

b7e902e49b71a4ad9071fb77060d821b.jpg

I've changed the fuse to a 10A mini fuse, these fit the holder and are available in some pound shops if you don't have access to the micro type as a temporary fix

There is another fuse above, it's a block of two even though the legend shows it side by side

Hope this helps if you are having problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b929a068c951dde31d912f04feeffd31.jpg

I would also recommend putting an inline fuse holder on the power take off, that's my red wire in the photo, I fuse with a 2 amp fuse, just to protect OE from anything that could go wrong, best practices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I jumped in the Kaj this morning, and noticed the courtesy lights didn't come on. The Vanity mirror lights also fail to illuminate when opening the covers.

I went to remove and check the interior light 10A fuse in the glovebox fuseholder, and unlike in your photos darenh, the fuse is too high up to even see, let alone access. 

Despite amazing the neighbours with the various contortionist acts I performed trying to get access, the glovebox door stops me getting my head low enough to see the top of the fusebox.

I can only see as high as the brown connectors with the red wires, not above it.

My question to you darenh....Did you have to remove the glovebox door?? I am also guessing this problem with the interior lighting is related to the 'Check Automatic Headlights' error message that appeared at the same time.

Sorted the problem, had to remove the glovebox door to access and replace the fuse...what a pain.

Auto headlights must be on the same circuit because it cured  that problem as well.

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Sorted the problem, had to remove the glovebox door to access and replace the fuse...what a pain.

Auto headlights must be on the same circuit because it cured  that problem as well.

Sorry only just seen this, no I’ve left the glove box in but can’t get my hand in either to replace the top 10A OE fuse.  I could, just get a mini fuse in though, main as there is something to get hold of.

There is another fuse associated with the interior lights in one of the rows, I’ve mangaged to take out the two plus the one I put in for my puddle lights which happened to be not so waterproof then I thought!

14 hours ago, darenh said:

Sorry only just seen this, no I’ve left the glove box in but can’t get my hand in either to replace the top 10A OE fuse.  I could, just get a mini fuse in though, main as there is something to get hold of.

There is another fuse associated with the interior lights in one of the rows, I’ve mangaged to take out the two plus the one I put in for my puddle lights which happened to be not so waterproof then I thought!

No worries....I guessed that you had missed my initial post as you are always very helpful and normally very quick to respond :)