• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Bluetooth - phone connection
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Since I purchase my Kadjar in November, I have had my Huawei P8 phone connected via Bluetooth. It worked with no problems at all and it allowed me to access my contacts and call history all through R-Link.

A few days ago, I bought a new mobile phone. It is a Chinese mobile phone but I don't think that has anything to do with it because it runs on Android, but I can connect to R-link to make and receive calls but I cannot update the contacts list or call history which is a bit of a pain.

I have obviously tried unpairing and repairing the phone and I have tried selecting update the list with no luck.

Does anyone have any experience of this problem?

Thanks

I was having a few issues with connecting my phone, but then I realised that the bluetooth range in my Kad is extremely limited. If I sit in the driver's seat with the phone in my left pocket, all is well. If I switch the phone to my right pocket, the connection disappears.

@bretty1984 Yes ...bit of a pain but it worked in the end ....alternatively you could go into your phone's Bluetooth settings . Where you  see the R Link listed in paired  devices touch the gear symbol ( settings ) and see if Phone Audio , Media Audio and Contact Sharing are checked

I have a slight update to this and I am not sure why I though of it previously.

The new phone that I was trying to pair up wasn't working and no matter what I tried I just could not get it to work. Anyway, a week ago today, I dropped my new phone and smashed it ( it was only two weeks old!) to the point where it no longer worked.

I reverted back to my old phone and that linked up fine with all contacts and call lists showing on R-link.

Anyhow, my new phone arrived (the same as the new phone that I smashed) and I paired it up and it still wouldn't work and I thought that was it and that it would never work. However, a couple of days ago, after installing skype on my phone, I noticed that it was showing the phone number of a client of mine based in Hong Kong. I hadn't added the number but skype had added it to my phone and that is when it occurred to me.

For telephone numbers and call lists to show up on your R-Link all of your contacts have to be saved to the phone and not the sim. I always save my numbers to my sim in case my phone breaks. I copied all of my numbers across from my sim to my phone, paired it with R-link and everything was dandy again!

Just thought I would point this out as it was bugging me for some time!

Thanks!

I was trying to change the speedo arrangement from number 1 which has a closed padlock on it and when I pressed No 2 the speedo changed but if I press No 3 or 4 or 5 nothing changes and I was told when I got Car I could use any of the 5 profiles so any reasons why I can't get the other 3 profiles.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was trying to change the speedo arrangement from number 1 which has a closed padlock on it and when I pressed No 2 the speedo changed but if I press No 3 or 4 or 5 nothing changes and I was told when I got Car I could use any of the 5 profiles so any reasons why I can't get the other 3 profiles.

Tryed to change the speedo configuration again to 3 4or5 but no joy can anyone help.

Tryed to change the speedo configuration again to 3 4or5 but no joy can anyone help.

I would start a new thread, as it's tagged on to one about Bluetooth I think a few more folk my help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk