• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Map Updates
8 8

105 posts in this topic

MrB    2

Hi

My R Link 2 had fallen behind as I found out recently as there was some issue requiring a system update at the dealer and therefore I was also behind on maps. It was still on 2.2.15.703 / 4711. The R Link Helpdesk told me to go to the dealer to get the R Link updated. That was sorted today and I jumped to 2.2.17.803 / 4992. This also pushed my navigation system to 9.12.80.642449 / March 31 2016. Tonight I did actually manage to get the newest maps installed through the website/ToolBox software to get to 2014_12 with the update to 2015_06.

Is anyone seeing anything later than this?

Thanks

Craig

Nope... I asked a question about no updates to country distributor (Renault-Nissan Slovenija) and they gave me a 100€ voucher at the end to rid me off with my anoying question. Realy....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, MrB said:

Hi

My R Link 2 had fallen behind as I found out recently as there was some issue requiring a system update at the dealer and therefore I was also behind on maps. It was still on 2.2.15.703 / 4711. The R Link Helpdesk told me to go to the dealer to get the R Link updated. That was sorted today and I jumped to 2.2.17.803 / 4992. This also pushed my navigation system to 9.12.80.642449 / March 31 2016. Tonight I did actually manage to get the newest maps installed through the website/ToolBox software to get to 2014_12 with the update to 2015_06.

Is anyone seeing anything later than this?

Thanks

Craig

How do you do this - updates - website / tool box software????

Latest

I have just spent time on the phone to Renault Connected Services helpline as my map update is not uploading in the car properly. I have a 2015 version on my 2 month old car which tells me it has no data for my location despite it showing my vehicle on a map of the roads. I have been told there is a known problem with the latest version (2016) of maps for UK/Europe which can prevent them uploading. The issue is in hand and a solution is being sought by Renault.

Hi,

I also frequently get the "No map coverage for current location" warning message despite my car being 2 months old.  

I updated the maps using the Rlink2 Toolbox software and a USB stick however I still get the warning message - my guess is it's a bug as everything else appears to work fine.  I would be interested to know what the answer is from Renault when you find out.

2 minutes ago, abedegno said:

Hi,

I also frequently get the "No map coverage for current location" warning message despite my car being 2 months old.

I updated the maps using the Rlink2 Toolbox software and a USB stick however I still get the warning message - my guess is it's a bug as everything else appears to work fine.  I would be interested to know what the answer is from Renault when you find out.

You are right , it's a bug  . I used to get it and SatNav still worked as normal ....i.e. badly

MrB    2

In response to my mail today, it was suggested that a map update cannot be that far away (although I don't think they are told for sure until it arrives).

I've noticed more of the No map coverage for your current location messages too, but basically when "off road", ie in a parking area or similar. 

What had really changed is the frequency with which the system now asks to redirect around traffic, and the proposed redirections are often longer AND take more time. 

So I guess we wait for the next firmware and maps updates...

23 minutes ago, 1964 said:

They suggested to me bug fixes were imminent 6 months ago... I guess their definition of the word imminent is different to mine emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as their definition of " always up to date maps " differs from mine :D

I had a problem updating my maps. What I did was:

• Reformatted the USB stick.
  • Put the stick in the car for a couple of minutes.
  • Opened the store and plugged the stick into the computer.

After doing that the updated maps showed again, and I downloaded and updated successfully. 

17 hours ago, ulfire said:

Same as their definition of " always up to date maps " differs from mine :D

well given their blurb says 2 map updates per period, I've had "1" so I MUST be due 1 more before early April and bring me up to 2001 levels of maps versions

HI I believe there are TWO that is TWO map updates due very very  soon  now just how soon very soon is i don't know  but keep watching for them  stay  sitting down just in case they arrive don't want any accidents do we.

J.C. 

14 hours ago, J C said:

HI I believe there are TWO that is TWO map updates due very very  soon  now just how soon very soon is i don't know  but keep watching for them  stay  sitting down just in case they arrive don't want any accidents do we.

J.C. 

Wowsers, might mean we come up to 12 months out of date then, or are they splitting the 1 update into 2 over a boundary (new plate) to suggest that 2 for last 12 month and 1 already for coming 12 month.

Damn I'm too cynical about Renault and their mapping reliability

MrB    2

From what I understand, its TomTom that does the maps release, not Renault. TomTom pushes the updates to their apps and devices all the time, and customer companies might not see them regularly.

Further to my earlier posting I have continued dealing with Renault support for connected services. Although my car tries to reload map updates from the USB stick Support say that my version of maps which is MID 2015_06 is the latest version which is now 20 months old. If I am to pay for yearly updates then where are the updates Mr Renault and Mr Tom Tom! It looks like their support for the navigation system is truly appalling.

Further to my earlier posting I have continued dealing with Renault support for connected services. Although my car tries to reload map updates from the USB stick Support say that my version of maps which is MID 2015_06 is the latest version which is now 20 months old. If I am to pay for yearly updates then where are the updates Mr Renault and Mr Tom Tom! It looks like their support for the navigation system is truly appalling.

Yes it's pretty ridiculous... however the maps are not Tom Tom only live traffic is

You are quite possibly correct and I stand corrected. I believe that I have read on this Forum that Renault 'designed' the navigation system, they use may or may not use Tom Tom maps and live traffic. As a customer Renault is 'our' supplier of the vehicle and all its constituent parts and it is their responsibility in law to deal with all issues from customers whether it is a third party or not. In my view they are failing to comply with their requirements to supply their customers with updates, regular or otherwise. I have a navigation system dated 9.12.80.642449 dated 31/3/2016 with a map version MID 2015_06, 9 months older than the navigation software, on a car bought November 2016.

You are quite possibly correct and I stand corrected. I believe that I have read on this Forum that Renault 'designed' the navigation system, they use may or may not use Tom Tom maps and live traffic. As a customer Renault is 'our' supplier of the vehicle and all its constituent parts and it is their responsibility in law to deal with all issues from customers whether it is a third party or not. In my view they are failing to comply with their requirements to supply their customers with updates, regular or otherwise. I have a navigation system dated 9.12.80.642449 dated 31/3/2016 with a map version MID 2015_06, 9 months older than the navigation software, on a car bought November 2016.

You are correct in that they are not keeping up their end of the bargain.... getting them to do anything about it is another kettle of fish. My experience of dealing with them leads me to believe they are totally disinterested in After sales service and it will certainly be the last car I ever buy off them.6 visits to the dealer in under a year to fix various problems(not r-link ones)... 3 times for the same issue... conclusion?They are terrifyingly inept.

Well to be honest I've had no problems with my sat nav just the radio and and radio txt lol but the sat nav in our c4 cactus is truly diabolical I went out the other day at it took me 15 miles in the wrong direction and that was with the post code input had to use my iPhone in the end I was well bloody mad lol but not had an issue with maps although I hav not tried to update them yet lol

Renault 'designed' the navigation system

The Navigation software is based on IGo developed by NNG - a Hungarian company.

Maps are something else! A GPS software can use different maps (navteq or tomtom or teleatlas). It is well known that these companies hire local smaller companies to do the work (drive along the streets). In some countries navteq is better, in others teleatlas or tomtom.

So! If you want to blame somebody you can blame in this order:

- local company (for a lousy job acquiring data),

- tomtom (for hiring those above and not check their product),

- renault (for buying from those above and not check their product),

- NNG (I do not why! Maybe because they are Hungarians ;)).

I may be wrong ,but as buder says , the Navigation software is IGo by NNG but the maps are supplied by TomTom ( at least it seems so from an article I read some time back ) . Renault kicked TomTom into touch a few years back probably to get a cheaper deal . TomTom are now giving Renault the finger and making them wait for map updates....or so it would seem to an outsider . I may well be wrong in my reading of the situation .As 1964 said :-

6 hours ago, 1964 said:

" Renault "are not keeping up their end of the bargain

8 hours ago, ulfire said:

Renault kicked TomTom into touch a few years back probably to get a cheaper deal . TomTom are now giving Renault the finger and making them wait for map updates....or so it would seem to an outsider .

Just check the prices for Tomtom maps.