• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Map Updates
8 8

91 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

Log in to the r-link store ... click my products and it will tell you how many days you have left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... it seems like mine r-link store is different 

Снимок.PNG

Indeed, Waze is on the mobile, no chance on Rlink 2. Only way yop get anything on Rlink2 is via Android auto as the apps for the Rlink are woeful and no chance any developer would really expend effort supporting that ecosystem. There is just no return for the effort. Much better focus on Android (and iOS) and use the system connectivity we all have....oh wait!!

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, 1964 said:

Same old same old ... platitudes and no constructive solutions.
Emails to the MD are intercepted and you get passed back to a customer services minion who are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
I'm willing to take a bet that when you press them a little harder they will tell you to bugger off and complain to the motoring ombudsman.

I've tried this. Renault do not subscribe to the Motoring Ombudsman - Renault did not accept the ombudsman's T&C's. Your only course of action is to complain to the Financial Ombudsman if you have bought your car on finance.

21 hours ago, GarfieldUA said:

Well... it seems like mine r-link store is different 

Снимок.PNG

If you click on the grey tab "Manage my Products" it should say how many days you have left for each item.  Mine says 1092 days. 

Edited by chookgate2
Forgot to say something

Mine has gone into the garage to have the R-LInk2 reconfigured. Doesn't seem like they did much as the customisation of my settings is still there. Map versions are shown greyed out so not really very positive. Faults of no traffic announcements on FM, no details for any sunject on DR, SMS texts still coming through despite being switched off, frequent 'no map details for my location' messages and I have even had full phone signal all day for one day despite the phone saying no signal, what a mess. It is now going back to the garage for a 2 day session to apparently have more detailed investigation. Will report back in due course.

As my car is brand new, (2 weeks), I emailed my dealer as a clueless customer, and asked if there had really been no updates since June 2015.  This is the strange reply I got:

"The map updates can be done on services etc or you can book in to update them as it is with tom tom"

This suggests, and I'm not sure I believe it, that map updates get installed by the garage and aren't released via the rlink store.  If that's the case, why didn't they update the car before they gave it to me!!!?

Haven't decided how, or if, I'm going to respond to him...

31 minutes ago, chookgate2 said:

Haven't decided how, or if, I'm going to respond to him

Call his bluff.... ask for the date of the updated maps.

You might as well go for broke and ask for the date of the next update, it may be worth waiting for that.

On 13/3/2017 at 7:18 PM, chookgate2 said:

If you click on the grey tab "Manage my Products" it should say how many days you have left for each item.  Mine says 1092 days. 

1092 days? omg! why i have only 365 the day i bought my car? im in greece? 

24 minutes ago, tsam said:

1092 days? omg! why i have only 365 the day i bought my car? im in greece? 

Happily for me just about the time I ordered the car, they started offering 3 years of free updates in the UK. Of course it's still meaningless since there has only been one update in the last 2 years!

11 minutes ago, chookgate2 said:

Happily for me just about the time I ordered the car, they started offering 3 years of free updates in the UK. Of course it's still meaningless since there has only been one update in the last 2 years!

nice one. i still dont have any update since i bought my car(7/2016) also anyone know what i can do after the date expires? i can use the gps or it will be disabled untill i pay again? 

On 21/03/2017 at 4:28 PM, chookgate2 said:

As my car is brand new, (2 weeks), I emailed my dealer as a clueless customer, and asked if there had really been no updates since June 2015.  This is the strange reply I got:

"The map updates can be done on services etc or you can book in to update them as it is with tom tom"

TomTom map updates were not updated on service but downloaded to your SD card on your PC via TomTom Home 4 times a year . Looks like the dealer doesn't know what he's talking about .

I had my free map updates extended because I kicked up a fuss about the lack of map updates for the Kadjar 

Looking at the problems you folks have with the Tom Tom map updates I am beginning to think there is a huge dispute behind the scenes with Tom Tom and Renault, and that perhaps the Waze app on my phone is better. I tested Waze for the first time yesterday and was rather very impressed.

As far as I can see the Renault navigation system is just an exercise on how to pi$$ customers off by offering a system that, quite frankly, is crap.  Why should we be expected to pay for a product with so many issues?  Thank god I kept my original TomTom with lifetime FREE updates!  At least I can use it in any car I like knowing that the maps are the latest version.  Also, consider the cost of Renault’s TomTom Traffic and Connectivity - £50 per year or £175 (not exactly a bargain is it?) for 3 years.  Don’t think so!  Up yours Renault, I’d rather spend my money on something useful.

On 23/04/2017 at 7:48 PM, 1964 said:

After your subscription expires You can choose to pay for a service you may or may not get ... they don't exactly have a good track record of keeping their end of the bargain. Your sat nav will still work but just in conjunction with outdated maps... but it already does that anyway emoji6.png

Take a look at this entry on TomTom's website. . . 

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/in-dash-navigation/renault-r-link/

Scroll down through the features and will find "Latest Map Guarantee" and underneath it states "Start driving with the latest map - guaranteed!" I think we are all being taken for a ride, don't you?

However, TomTom  do go on to say at the very bottom of the specification page - “Important notice: Any support concerning Renault R-Link devices is provided by Renault. This also includes the navigation features. To contact a Renault customer support representative in your country use the following details: Telephone: 08443690000  Email: R-Link.helplineUK@renault.com”.

MapGuarantee.JPG