• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Map Updates
8 8

105 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Buder said:

Just check the prices for Tomtom maps.

My last TomTom subscription was about £27 a year with 4 guaranteed updates each year . That was in my last Renault who , of course , didn't get the revenue from the subscription . Renault now want £90 for a "promise " of two updates a year . I know which deal I prefer

58 minutes ago, ulfire said:

My last TomTom subscription was about £27 a year with 4 guaranteed updates each year . That was in my last Renault who , of course , didn't get the revenue from the subscription . Renault now want £90 for a "promise " of two updates a year . I know which deal I prefer

:D This is why I sent you to their site!

Latest on who makes which bit of the R-Link 2 system updates.

I have just taken photos of all the software on my new Kadjar. Base Euroasia map has CGIAR certification logo. Full Europe Premium has CGIAR certification logo. Map Junction views are NNG IGO certification logo. Maps UK 2015.06 have the TomTom certification logo. Full, shortest and economical maps have the TomTom certification logo. Speedcam info have the TomTom certification logo. TMC traffic service have the ITIS 2008 certification logo. [Bit old isn't it] All the following features do not work, TA/I Traffic, I-Announcement none of Transport news, warning, information, weather, event, special event, radio info, sport or finance.

I haven't even tried media so I dread to know what does or does not work.

Phone has so far worked except only had the previously advised SMS mess up whereby it continues to try and dial for the SMS info although it is switched off.

I am going to reset it completely back to factory settings and start all over again. If that does not work watch out Renault UK.

Morning All - happy Sunday!

Looking for some help on this topic, i seem to have hit a problem updating my maps and hoping someone has figured this one out before! I have the March 2016 software but all the maps are 2014-12 so clearly out of date. I followed the steps the other day to download updates.

R LINK Toolbox picked up my memory stick OK and presented me with a 4GB map update (1506) however, I think the download corrupted because my PC crashed. I relaunched and finished the download but it seemed stuck at the "Preparing update" step in the car.

No bother i think.... i'll format the stick and go at it again. Except now it presents no option to download new maps in the RLINK Toolbox..!? Any ideas how i can get it to download the update again?

Cheers - Jay

Scratch that! SOlution found!!!

In the RLINK Store, go to "Manage my products" then click "Manage" next to map. Then choose install next to the European Maps.

Hope this helps someone else!

Keywords to help others find this.... "map redownload" redownload toolbox map download

Update on various R-Link 2 bugs and communications with Renault Connected Services Support. Copy of communication below.

Subject: RE: 4-03054823 - Kadjar - R-Link 2 - Resetting back to factory software    [ ref:_00Db0cZvn._500b010    [ ]

Dear Bruno

I think I may have confused you with my terminology 'connectivity'. That is not what I intended, perhaps it should have said the 'connected services'

part of support. This is due my utter sheer frustration with a non-fully working system on a new £22,000 car. The issues are with some of the functionality of the R-Link 2 system. The car is new and nothing was setup for me on delivery.

The R-Link 2 system has been designed with many added functions over the normal car. This includes things like adjustment of indicator volume, parking sensor sensitivity and volume to name a couple of what is probably many added functions to help the driver. As far as I have found these appear to work as intended. This is the situation as it was.

The R-Link 2 system has also to provide standard functionality of a radio system which has been around for 20 years.

1. In this respect  the TA [traffic announcement] function on FM band does not work for me or many other customers as can be seen from the Renault Kadjar Forum comments. Most of us have never had this functionality working.

In this respect the R Link 2 functionality is 'not fit for purpose'

2. In this respect  the I/TA [announcement] function on DR band does not work for me.

3. The phone system has a function switch to stop SMS from working and interrupting the driver. This does not work and incoming SMS messages do interrupt the driver and I have to take my eyes off the road to read the central display and press 'stop dialling' to end the process of SMS retrieval. In this respect the R Link 2 functionality is 'not fit for purpose'.

Navigation

I have tried very little to use the navigation system as it has, for me, major design and updating issues.

1. The software supplied in the new car at 30th November 2016 was 2014 maps, completely unacceptable to be over 2 years out of date. An attempt to update seemed to fail as the R Link 2 system wanted to keep trying to update from the USB stick despite the system showing a 2015-06 version already updated.

This update process In the R Link 2 functionality is 'not fit for purpose'.

2. The R Link 2 screen randomly shows the message as per attached picture.

'No map coverage for current location'. This happens all the time for me or many other customers as can be seen from the Renault Kadjar Forum comments.

This is despite the map showing the current location on the screen. Very annoying.  In this respect the R Link 2 functionality is 'not fit for purpose'.

3. When adding an 'address' to the navigation system and entering a town the name is accepted but the remaining fields are greyed out and the message 'no street data for the town/city available' or similar words. In this respect the R Link 2 functionality is 'not fit for purpose'.

4. The navigation system, for me, has a major design problem in that the address cannot have names as only address fields are available. The electronic r Link 2 user guide confirms that only addresses can be stored.

Not much use. If I am going to visit 5 companies in Reading and enter the addresses then when I want to retrieve them to be routed then there is no way that the user can know which is which without memorising the addresses.

If I want to go the Renault Reading that 'name' field is essential in finding that address from a list. For me personally this address storing function is completely useless and unusable. Imagine having a phone with only numbers, how would you ever find your friend Tony for a list of numbers. In this respect the R Link 2 design and functionality is 'not fit for purpose'.

For these reasons, and possibly others not yet identified, I felt the best course of action was to reset to factory settings and start again. Perhaps the update process was bugged and fouled up the R Link 2 system.

Back to my initial enquiry for help. The R Link Store shows that I have previously updated the R Link 2 software and the maps, this is correct.

I now need to carry out these updates again on the reset factory system. So I access 'manage my products' and see as attached capture image. Despite my freshly formatted and cleaned USB stick being updated in the car with the basic loaded factory system it does not show any updated software available [except for Coyote which is of no use in the UK] , obviously because it knows I previously updated the car.

Please confirm how to reset, refresh, wipe out memory or whatever the R Link

2 Toolbox or R Link Store needs to cause it to stop me from updating.

This is not personal but I have met, along with many other Kadjar customers, a brick wall in Renault not dealing fully with a partially functioning R Link 2 system which currently has a very poor name amongst Kadjar users on the forum website.

I would appreciate constructive help in enabling me to get the updates I am due working.

Kind regards

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

I am once again contacting you regarding your R-Link 2 connectivity.  

I am very sorry to hear that this particular product did not fulfil your expectations.

I can assure you that your comments will be noted and taken into consideration as this help us to improve our products and services in the future.

There is no way to reset the R-Link Store for it to offer the R-Link 2 updates again, however I would like to inform that the factory reset did not revert the R-Link 2 firmware to a previous version so a new update is not necessary since the device is already up to date.

I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my response, so if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail or call me on the number provided below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Bruno Albino

Customer Service Representative

Renault Connected Services

Tel: +44 844 369 0000

9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Mon to Fri

This confirms information previously from Ulfire.  My reply today.

Dear Bruno

Thank you for your response. I can confirm that 'factory reset' is not a factory reset and the name is a complete misnomer.  It is only a user preferences reset only and nothing to do with restoring the system back to factory settings as bought. All the issues persist and I would not be able to recommend this vehicle for purchase based on these issues. I will pursue further with Renault UK and the Renault Leasing company as the vehicle is not completely legally fit for the purpose as it was sold to me.

Kind regards

As regards 'free updates for the maps in the electronic R-Link 2 drivers manual' it says

Latest map guarantee

Once your new vehicle has been delivered, you will have a limited time in which to update the map for free. Once this time has elapsed, you will need to pay for updates.

I have also seen somewhere on Renault site that this 'free' update has to be within 90 days of delivery to garage, not delivery to you.

On this site https://www.renault.co.uk/owners/multimedia/r-link-2.html it says

Keep your maps up to date

Set off with peace of mind. Map updates are free for 12 months after you take delivery of your vehicle*.

*Download from PC or Mac.

At least one of these is a downright lie by Renault.

I wonder what your views are on the navigation system that only allows addresses to be saved but without any form of name. Would you have a mobile phone with lots of numbers and no names? What is the use of a load of addresses without knowing who they belong to. To me it is unusable in this state but perhaps it suits the French designers in Renault.

Next stage Renault UK MD

Paul Flanagan, Groupe Renault UK, Managing Director  [email paul.Flanagan@Renault.co.uk on internet but suspect complaints get binned before getting to him]

Rivers Office Park, Denham Way
Rickmansworth
WD3 9YS
If the response to an official complaint is not dealt with then I will be trying the Resolver site at https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/renault-complaints/contact-details which I have used before, for other companies that ignore their customers, with success, and its free.
I wish at times that I used Facebook as this seems to get action from many companies for repeated customer complaints.

Same old same old ... platitudes and no constructive solutions.
Emails to the MD are intercepted and you get passed back to a customer services minion who are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
I'm willing to take a bet that when you press them a little harder they will tell you to bugger off and complain to the motoring ombudsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, 1964 said:

Same old same old ... platitudes and no constructive solutions.
Emails to the MD are intercepted and you get passed back to a customer services minion who are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
I'm willing to take a bet that when you press them a little harder they will tell you to bugger off and complain to the motoring ombudsman.

The complaints to the formal legal entity should be followed. iIf Renault want to sell cars, then they need to make it not appear as a scam and to actually support their customers after sale. If they did that I would be loyal as the core car is fine and dandy.

The issue is, you get no customer service, fobbed off and told we don't know from the helplines. Completely unacceptable as a company interaction when spending such large sums of money.

I've got to the point of realism. I'll use the car for a while longer and then I'll recycle it for a new car that comes from a company that wants to deliver after sale service and support. That is not French as all my interactions with French motor manufacturers seem to be resulting in the same final attitude. (Of course your mileage may vary on others and it is a shame as the mechanical aspects of my Kadjar are fab)

@ Pentris  ,  The responses you've received from Renault are pretty much identical to those I received from Support and the CEO's office . Just more frustrating BS . They really don't care .They just want your money and you're forgotten . I understand your frustration . I told the CEO's lackey I probably wouldn't buy another Renault ever  , it was water off a duck's back . The only positive from it was ,after complaining about the lack of map updates citing misleading advertising , my map update service showed as being valid for 3 years . Not that it mattered because I kept to my word about not buying another Renault . When I moved on ,Renault asked if they could contact me about new vehicles . I said yes , but I'll probably tell you to f**k off when you  do . I'll stick to that one too :)

Updated maps are downloaded from the R Link Store via R Link 2 Toolbox and updated by USB in the car . Wouldn't hold my breath for new maps though, the last update was July 2016 and Renault told me the maps may be 18 months old

Think these maps are from the Flintstone era!!

16 minutes ago, CraigPur said:

Think these maps are from the Flintstone era!!

Yep...for the all new super economical Kadjar , holes in the floor for you're legs , sun dial clock ,larger boot for Dino , all new SatNav ( stop and ask someone ) :D

The complaints to the formal legal entity should be followed. iIf Renault want to sell cars, then they need to make it not appear as a scam and to actually support their customers after sale. If they did that I would be loyal as the core car is fine and dandy.

The issue is, you get no customer service, fobbed off and told we don't know from the helplines. Completely unacceptable as a company interaction when spending such large sums of money.

I've got to the point of realism. I'll use the car for a while longer and then I'll recycle it for a new car that comes from a company that wants to deliver after sale service and support. That is not French as all my interactions with French motor manufacturers seem to be resulting in the same final attitude. (Of course your mileage may vary on others and it is a shame as the mechanical aspects of my Kadjar are fab)

I emailed customer services and got this reply when I asked about 2 free downloads we were entitled too

"Thank you for your email.

There still have not been any new firmware or map updates for the R-Link 2 and as yet we do not have any information as to when there will be one.

The map update service entitles you to the free download of a new map if it is released within the subscription period."

So no guarantee of a second map update, although the maps are worse than a Flintstone map book. You better off with the old style map book

2 hours ago, CraigPur said:

I emailed customer services and got this reply when I asked about 2 free downloads we were entitled too

"Thank you for your email.

There still have not been any new firmware or map updates for the R-Link 2 and as yet we do not have any information as to when there will be one.

The map update service entitles you to the free download of a new map if it is released within the subscription period."

So no guarantee of a second map update, although the maps are worse than a Flintstone map book. You better off with the old style map book

Well, from new it might be the case, but...

Map Update Service : Europe

Renault sas

12-month subscription allowing at least 2 updates – Area covered: Europe

"The map update service entitles you to the free download of a new map if it is released within the subscription period"

you have a "12-month subscription allowing at least 2 updates"

So you can get in the last days an update with maps "only" 2 years old and the next day another one 1 year and 11 months old? Nice!!!

1 hour ago, Buder said:

"The map update service entitles you to the free download of a new map if it is released within the subscription period"

you have a "12-month subscription allowing at least 2 updates"

So you can get in the last days an update with maps "only" 2 years old and the next day another one 1 year an 11 months old? Nice!!!

Indeed, and they are requested £75 renewal fee for this service !

13 hours ago, GarfieldUA said:

Hi everyone,

I have my Kadjar since November 2016, manufactured in July 2016. The maps are still 12_2014, and by entering into managing my products I can't see and option to download new maps. How can I?

no_maps.png

You seem to be under the impression that there are new maps :blink:

Your car seems to be the same age as mine which was delivered with 12_2014 maps. Your screen dump shows R Link whereas I would expect you to be using R Link2 Store and R Link2 Toolbox newer variants.  R Link seems to be for older versions of the system. Check that you are in fact using the R Link2 version tools for your new Kadjar. Don't worry I made the same mistake as the website directed me to the wrong R Link product download for my car but Ulfire pointed me in the correct direction.

9 hours ago, Pentris said:

Your car seems to be the same age as mine which was delivered with 12_2014 maps. Your screen dump shows R Link whereas I would expect you to be using R Link2 Store and R Link2 Toolbox newer variants.  R Link seems to be for older versions of the system. Check that you are in fact using the R Link2 version tools for your new Kadjar. Don't worry I made the same mistake as the website directed me to the wrong R Link product download for my car but Ulfire pointed me in the correct direction.

I am using the Rlink2 Toolbox.

The question is where the updated maps should show and option to download? In the 'Updates' section of RLink Store on under 'Manage products'? Could you please check that if you press 'Manage' button under the 'Map' section there is nothing shown? It seems very strange to me, because I would expect something like checkboxes as in the 'Rlink' manage section.

Снимок.PNG

Under R Link Store in the Manage tab mine show the updates that have been updated and all are already ticked. These are R Link 2 update and maps 2015.  Maps for 2016 were there but have been withdrawn due to bugs which prevented correct updating. In the Updates tab there is nothing listed so nothing is waiting to be updated.

Anything that has already been downloaded cannot be downloaded again according to Renault Support.

If nothing ticked in R Link Store then nothing can be installed so will not show in R Link2 Toolbox.

HI  You ask what is wrong with maps well most of the time like you they are fine BUT then i try to travel to a farm near Beadale  north yorkshire we are on AI nav says leave A1 now but we cannot because there is NO road just a crash barrier system then re routes takes us to next turn-off but again no roads just crash barrier so we then come off at next any way told to turn around  we ignore this  then new route and we arrive at destination but about 45mins late and this is because A1 was changed lots of cash spent and junctions moved  2 years ago . Also have problems with average speed cameras and warnings on M1 and A1 200 mile trip yesterday and had to listen to REDUCE SPEED warning for 30 maybe 35 miles of it every 10 seconds  when we were in fact under the speed limit NOT HAPPY WITH THIS AT ALL.

Love the car but nav is a problem and now renault want lots of cash to update to old maps and by the way tom tom want to charge me £16.99 for tom tom traffic live for a year  for  stand alone nav i have  and not £75.00 from renault for same info  sorry but not happy.

J.C.